UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5"7

Default Do others weigh themselves every day

Do others do this?
I am sure I am becoming obsessed with weighing myself Every day, sometimes even twice a day. I know it's not really healthy, I only record results weekly on a Monday morning.
Tweetypie127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #2  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

Hi Tweetpie127, I know exactly how you feel. I've started to do this too.

Ultimately it isn't a great idea, especially not twice a day, weight will fluctuate depending on the time of day and so if you put on a lb or two then you might freak out.

I try to consistently weigh myself first thing in the morning, and try to at least leave it every other day. Try not to get too obsessed with the scales, focus on how you're feeling too! Good luck!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #3  
Stick to your guns!

S/C/G: 306.8/299.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi TP127.
I myself went through a phase of this and it drove me round the bend.
I know people post weights etc on here, but how bout we help each other and do a weigh in at the same time each week and put our results online (loses or gains only as you dont need mention your actual weight you know?)
I myself would appreciate this support if it is something you too think might help?
N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetypie127 View Post
Do others do this?
I am sure I am becoming obsessed with weighing myself Every day, sometimes even twice a day. I know it's not really healthy, I only record results weekly on a Monday morning.
DoughDoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/172/140

Height: 5' 4"

I mentioned in another thread that I'm an every-day weigher...I think once a week is a better representation of the bigger picture of how you're doing, but I do find that weighing daily either gives me a boost to stay on track if I've lost, or gives me a kick up the bum if I've not lost...so it kind of works for me and I guess that's what it comes down to - working out how often works best for you.

I only 'note' my weight on here in the UK chat thread once a week...and tomorrow is the big day!
Cofa Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #5  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

I became obsessed, and now I've given up!

I'm pretty sure not weighing is worse than weighing everyday, but I'll let you know come April when I'll be back on the scales!

I am using photos and when I buy a measure will also use measurements to keep track though. If I wasn't in Thailand without scales I'm sure I would still be weighing in.

As with anything when it comes to weight loss it really is a personal choice, as long as you're happy with how many times you step on the scales that's great!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #6  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Reading this I decided to weigh myself on my home scales only to discover they were stuck at like 270 lbs before I stepped on and I couldn't get them to go back to zero. My little boy likes to play with the zero-ing dial. I guess he played a little too hard. I won't be weighing myself daily for a while.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/182/150

Height: 5'8

Hi Tweetpie127! I can really relate to your post.
Oh but I do like to weigh myself ....too much. I know its part of my desire to speed the whole weight loss process up.
I have to distract myself...its the only way.
My new plan is to use the Wii to weigh myself, I cant do it in front of the kids(not passing my obsessions onto them!), so it gets me away from it most days.
curleycarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #8  

Height: 5"7

I think I might have to get the other half to hind the scales from me, and just let me have access every Monday am.
Tweetypie127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #9  

Weighing yourself is not a bad idea, but weighing yourself two times a day is an obsession try to reduce it to once per day then once every 2 days and finally you will be able to do it once per week.but remember to eat health foods and stay on course .
Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #10  

I stop myself weighing every day cause I know I'll get upset, anxious, etc.
Crunchy Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW:280+ LW:229 CW:254

Height: 5ft4

I weigh every day and it works for me, but it's a personal thing. For me I need to see some kind of movement (even .1 of a pound!) to keep me motivated and on track. If there's a gain or a plateau it's not the end of the world for me, but I like to know where I am on a daily basis.
Istayedhomeandate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #12  
i CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 230/226/140

Height: 5 4

I began to do this too but have managed to hold out for once a week. however I am thinking of trying just once a month or every four weeks. does this sound odd? should I keep to every week?
lolloveschocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

I had this problem also. I use my Wii to weigh every day, and it would show either up to a 2# gain or loss from day to day. It made me feel like screaming! Lol.... Now I still weigh every day, but I have to say out loud, "water fluctuates every day" to myself. I only count or write down my numbers once a week. I am seriously considering going to once every two weeks though, because I know that it will be a more dramatic loss. I am following WW points (no meetings, no program, strictly DIY here), and my exercise regimen is: brisk walking 4 times a week for 1hour/Wii Zumba 40min class 3 times a week/30 min walk on Zumba days. I am seeing pretty good results. I reward myself with a regular meal one time every two weeks. My boyfriend is doing this with me, so I feel extremely blessed.
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

I weigh myself everyday. In the beginning I was super obsessed over it, but now I'm a lot less worried about it. It helps me track body trends that I wouldn't otherwise be aware of. For example, if I restrict calories too much and workout for too many days without a rest day, I will either gain or remain the same. When that happens I know I need to eat more to break the plateau. Everyone is different and so it helps me discover what works for me.

However, I only "record" my weight every 2 weeks. So when I look at my weight over time, it's always a loss. Sometimes a whoosh sometimes only a pound or two.
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote