Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/298.6/150

Height: 5'7

Question Your favorite shoe?

Hi everyone! I am new to the exercise world (& Weight Watchers) and am shoe shopping for the best shoe! I have my eyes on these Skechers D'lites right now. I do have high arches and my feet are a little wide..I just want some input on what you workout in! Also, do you have favorite clothes? Shorts? Leggings? I'm so clueless! Thanks for any input!
Meghan757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I love my vibram five fingers, but I'm not sure if everyone feels the same :-)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #3  

You really need to go in and try them on. Different styles, even in the same brand and size, can fit completely differently.

I have been wearing Nike's Dual Fusion ST Running sneaker and I really like them
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

What kind of shoes you get depend on what you want to do in them, and what kind of feet you have. I have wide, flat feet, plantar fasciitis, 2 differently bad knees, and I run. My perfect sneaker is a Brooks Adrenaline GTS. That sneaker is probably terrible for your high arches, and wouldn't have the correct support for tennis or aerobics or basketball.

If you want to run, I highly suggest getting fitted at a running store. I don't know if other sports stores do sneaker fittings for other sports - maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

Good luck - sneakers are important!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #5  
Put good in, get good out

S/C/G: 290/283/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLauren View Post

I have been wearing Nike's Dual Fusion ST Running sneaker and I really like them
I have the exact same kind. I love how much they breathe Andy how stylish they are. I have them in a bright yellow and teal color.

Nothing better than functional and cute!
Airycuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I have a high arch and need a neutral shoe. I have two pairs (I run half my time at work and half at home).

I have the Brooks Glycerin 10 at home. I like this shoe. The toebox is wide which I need. It's a lot "heavier" than what I normally wear (I have tended towards a minimalist shoe) but not so much that I don't enjoy them.
http://www.brooksrunning.com/Brooks-...efault,pd.html

I also have the Asics Gel-Nimbus-14. I really like this shoe. Probably more than the Brooks but I also have inserts in this shoe so that might be why. This one got rave reviews in Runner's World. It's lighter and not as bulky as my Brook's.
http://www.asicsamerica.com/footwear...-t291n-womens/
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #7  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

+1 on the Gel-Nimbus... I have few pairs that I'm currently rotating through... I really like the cushioning... very nice ride so far... I'll probably run my next marathon in them...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 01-25-2013 at 01:03 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #8  

It depends on what type of workout you are going to be partaking in most. For example if you are looking for just a running shoe it would be different as if you were looking for a trail or cross-training shoe.
Here's an article that goes over different shoe types for specific workouts:
Finding Shoes Fit For Your Workout

But I agree with TheLauren. You should try them on, no matter what shoe you decide, to get a good feel for how it forms to your foot specifically. Hope this helps, and good luck on your weight loss adventure!!!
Jentry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Haband! They sell wonderful shoes -- you can check their website. I love their Dr. Scholl's for around $30 a pair... I buy the wide.

Tons of styles and colors to choose from.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote