Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Purposely gain to lose????

So I've apparently hit a stall already after 3 weeks of induction. Lost 9 lbs in the first 2 weeks and nothing at all in the last week. In fact I've gained a half a pound give or take.

Well asking for advice I've had a couple people tell me who've done this diet before tell me that I should try purposely kicking myself out of ketosis, allowing myself to gain a pound or so, and restart induction.
Has anyone else tried this or heard of this? I'm willing to try anything at this point to kickstart weight loss again, but this does sound risky to me!

I'm a numbers and budget girl so I've been pretty much sticking to the diet. But I'm getting worried that at this rate I wont even close to my goal weight by the our family cruise early April. I've been trying to find tips to get past this stall, read about Post Induction Stall Syndrome and I see many people have gone through this and it could last up to 6 month?!?!?
That kind of uncertainty is scary seeing as you do sacrifice quite a but to live the low carb lifestyle and all I can do is HOPE I lose more weight in the next coming weeks and months???

Ok sorry, I dont mean to complain. I'm committed to losing the weight! But my dream right now is not to be the only one in my family refusing to get near water cuz I'm too embarassed to wear a bathing suite. I would love to just ENJOY my cruise!

Any advice to would help!

Last edited by Forevermercy; 01-24-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

You are just experiencing post induction stall. Just keep on keepin on. Your liver is becoming fat adapted if you switch it back to glucose you are not going to kick start anything, you are just going to prolong your stall.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

http://deflatedadipocytes.blogspot.c...-this.html?m=1

Read that, it may help with your perspective on PISS.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote