UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #16  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

I use Slim Fast low carb high protein ready made shakes

20 grams of protein. 2 grams sugar. 2 net carbs.

edited to add: I only use one shake a day. I only take it because I can't find something that has vitamins plus high protein and low carb all together. It's usually either one or the other. If anynone has suggestions, I would love to hear it.

That being said, the bottle I have says choose 3 snacks a day, fruit, veggies or 100 calorie snack bar. Not 3 snack bars. But I don't do their program anyway. Their products are too expensive. I remember when the low carb ready made drinks were 6 in a pack, now it's 4 in a pack for more money. So sad!!

Last edited by Stars; 11-27-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 238/238/154

Height: 5'5

I have done slimfast before but not for several years, I loved the make-yourself shakes, did not enjoy the ready made ones, but I think they are really improved now.

I did it for two weeks last time I did it and lost half a stone, but then stopped and started stuffing my face again and put it all back on but I'm sure if you stopped slimfast and went on a normal reduced calorie diet or what ever diet you prefer, you'd keep the weight off.

Considering I have 2 cans of the powder at home from the earlier in the year when I decided I would go back on it, I will probably go back on it just to use the powder, I hate wasting money.
Oops A Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

That's really great do offer a high protein/low carb version, I didn't know that. Seems like it is only available in America though
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #19  
Eliz <3

S/C/G: 196/160/135

Height: 5'4"

Today is actually my 7th day on Slim Fast, and I've lost 6 lbs!!!
I actually like this diet plan better then most that I've tried. I stay full most of the day, and LOVE the taste of the shakes, snacks, and meal bars!!!
seidlere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #20  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

I've used slim fast before, back in my smaller days. Right now it doesn't seem useful, but here's how I used it in the past:

If I had a night out or a meal out coming up, I'd have 2 shakes a day and a veggie stir fry in the evening, to build up a bit of a calorie defecit in advance. If I was happy with my weight, I'd also do this once or twice a week, or for a few days if I felt my clothes getting a bit tight just to get myself back in line again. I've also used it to lose a more significant amount of weight quickly (between 7-14lbs) for 2-3 weeks, although what I DIDN'T factor in at the time was that when I went back to eating normally, I'd need to eat less and exercise more to account for my smaller size and needing less calories.

So, yeah, I'd use it again, but not long term.
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 222/206/140

Height: 5'10

Slim fast is to trim down on a few pounds they don't recommend it for long term weight loss. I lost a good 30lbs with it but as soon as I started to eat normal again I started to gain it back twice as fast
SLK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

I like the Slimfast low carb creamy vanilla RTD. It has 20g of protein and only 2g of sugar and no sugar alcohols, plus I enjoy the taste.

It is hard to find, though, a number of stores here sell the chocolate low carb, but not the vanilla. The chocolate is good but I just like the vanilla.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

I use it often instead of skipping a meal. I find that it is very helpful in this way. I have used slimfast and lost 90lbs but gained it all back after stopping. I use it as a tool now to keep from skipping a meal when i am too busy to take time to fix something.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #24  

Height: 5"7

I am using exante diet products.

They are very good. Taste quite nice. You have three products a day, a choice of shake, soup or bars. (only 1bar per day)
I have found that using a hand blender for the soup gives best results and either hand blender or smoothie maker with ice for shakes.

They are a reasonable price, cheaper if you buy a months supply. It works out about £28 a week. Next day delivery too.
I have lost 20lb in 5weeks. (and even was off them for 6 days when on holiday)
You can add in a small high protein meal on top of the 3products if you wish but will lose slower. I try to stick to just the packets but will have a meal such as chicken and salad when I eat out.
Tweetypie127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #25  

If you want to be successful with Slim Fast, you need to be consistent don't take breaks and if you combine it with exercises you will achieve better results.
It is also vital that you avoid all starchy foods as much as you can otherwise a bite here and there my aggravate the situation.
Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote