View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #29
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Weigh Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Yesterday Will preached for a church about an hour away and we had a pot-luck dinner with them after the services. Hallelujah someone brought a green salad with several bottles of dressing setting beside it. I made a bee line for that bowl and promptly filled my plate over half full of the salad mix and didn’t put any dressing on it and then was careful what I took to put on the other half of the plate. They had a table that groaned with lovely yummy tasting desserts which I declined. For my behavior I give myself a huge pat on the back for I felt good about my choices and was satisfied. The nice lady who sat next to me wanted me to take one little taste of some dessert she was enjoying and I looked her in the eye and said a very polite, “no thank you for it would make me break out in fat.” She laughed and said she had lost weight herself and understood about “food pushers.”

We just got back from running some errands even though the bank and post office are closed today lots of the stores are open. We found that a local market carries powdered peanut butter which is 1P+ per 2 tablespoons when it is reconstituted with water. I have not yet tried it but it has good raves from all who have tried it at the WW meeting I go to. I imagine it will be good in baked goods besides just eating with celery or in a sandwich. I am up a pound on my scale this day and know I didn’t go over in my daily points and even had some of the extra points left over so I don’t have a clue about the “why” of it. My body has done this before so I shouldn’t be all that surprised. I just don’t like it when it does happen though. I’ll find out the true skinny of it at weigh in later on this day. We are going to build a menu tonight and I am taking a whole bunch of recipes ~ it should be interesting for those who are going to participate will receive a WW cookbook.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like you have that hat pattern pretty much figure out now and will have it knitted in no time. I am sure glad we don't toll roads here in the middle of the country ~ they don't have them out west either.

JEAN You have snow and we have sunshine and need rain. I don't think Will has checked in Wal*Mart for marbles for they may have them here. I know I can find them on line in all sizes but I just want some for ammo for my sling shot ~ they don't even have to be pretty. I'll find some that will work.

Have a great day Magnolias ~ Type at y’all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote