Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #1  
Wish me Luck

S/C/G: 330/16/200

Height: 5'10"

Default Sad

I am ending Week 2 and I don't think I lost anything this past week.

I am greatful for the first week at 11 pounds, but I'm sure it was water weight. I'm afraid this diet will be just like all the other ones I've tried where I weigh over 300 but can only manage to lose like 15 pounds after months of trying so hard.

Does it get better? Do you keep losing weight? Did anyone get any weeks where they didn't lose but they had still followed it 100%?

I haven't cheated or strayed at all, and I expected to lose another 4-5 lbs since I'm so big. I also haven't exercised since it says not to until after 3 weeks.

I've also noticed that my appetite is getting lower. I don't want to eat every two hours now and I don't know why? Did that happen to anyone?

Thanks for any help or encouragement guys!

Last edited by FatinSTL; 01-20-2013 at 04:29 PM.
FatinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Good morning, FatinSTL!! I read your post and want to encourage you if I can! I, too, have almost 100 pounds to lose. I am hopeful that I will be able to finally complete a diet plan and make the necessary life changes to really be healthy.
I am only in my second week of MF. I lost 6 pounds the first week and will see this Thursday what I've done this week. Last year I did Ideal Protein for a while. It is very similar to MF and there were weeks where I did not have losses in pounds, but usually had losses in inches. My IP coach and my MF coach both say that you go more by how you feel in your clothes than what the scale says.
I have noticed a decrease in appetite as well over the past couple of days. That's a good thing! LOL!
Anyway, just wanted to give you some perspective and maybe help you stay motivated!
Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey!!
rbtemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I did Medifast last year for several months. I have wicked hormones and have not been able to loose any weight on other forms of eating. Medifast worked for me. I am a slow looser and with Medifast I was able to loose 4-5 lbs per month regularly. I switched to IP afterwards because I seem to be sensitive to carbs, but I liked Medifast better because with 5 meals I did not have to think much about cooking and I was never hungry. I lost the desire to eat that you are describing and I found that really helpful. I think you had a great loss the first week. It is perfectly normal for your body to pause. I still have that even on IP after fast losses. Don't get discouraged and just continue on, the weight and inches will come off. I actually always noticed a bigger effect on inches than on the scale in the first months of my journey. What I can recommend you is to take pictures and measurements and to note them down together with your 6 month and yearly goals. When you look back in a year from now, you will be amazed with what you achieved and you will be glad you did it and pulled through. When your are involved in the daily battles with your scale, it is hard to see the big picture. I went from a cloth size 18/20 down to a 8/10 in one year despite only loosing 40 lbs and I also went from nearly passing out by doing 5 min of cardio to doing 1hr of Jillian Michaels and barely sweating. Medifast will allow you to do some exercise and I recommend you start doing something after about 5-6 weeks. That in itself will help you melt inches and it also helps with sagging skin and overall motivation.

So, while right now weight loss may look like an insurmountable peak, if you just put your head down and focus on putting one foot after the other you will reach the top. It may take a while, but it will be very much worth it.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #4  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Don't give up! it will get better...just keep trying...11lbs in one week is a HUGE loss.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/171/140

Height: 5'2

Good luck to you all. I'm in the same boat. Aggravating!!
Ktieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #6  
Wish me Luck

S/C/G: 330/16/200

Height: 5'10"

Thank you so much everyone! It's great to have this blog and page and be able to talk to real people that are going through, or have gone through it.

And rbtemplet I have family in Plaquemine Louisiana. I'm originally from Baton Rouge :-)
FatinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatinSTL View Post
Thank you so much everyone! It's great to have this blog and page and be able to talk to real people that are going through, or have gone through it.

And rbtemplet I have family in Plaquemine Louisiana. I'm originally from Baton Rouge :-)
Small world, huh?? That is so weird!! Whenever you need to talk I'll be around!
rbtemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/227/165

Don't feel discouraged! I am ending week 2 on Wednesday and unfortunately I don't think I've lost any either. I started my monthly cycle last week so I'm attributing that to a poor week 2! I was so happy to be down 11 lbs by Friday and now I'm just pushing through w positivity. Lets stay motivated!
Monig7681 is offline   Reply With Quote