View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
April Snow
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing a low fat, low carb plan called the Dukan Diet. I have just the naturally occurring sugars and carbs in veggies and dairy, along with a small amt (1-2 oz) of oat bran (different than oatmeal). No sweets or starches. As Taryl said, once you get going with it, it really becomes a lot easier to stick with than it seems going in and the cravings really do go away.

Like many (most?) low carb plans, this is a phased plan and over time, I will add back in some fruits, whole grains and starches, maybe even the occasional sweer. But the good thing is that it's done gradually so I'll be able identify specific trigger foods and know to just eliminate them permanently.

Personally, I find it much easier to go cold turkey rather than simply cut back. There are a few rough days detoxing from sugars and starches but after that, the desire for them goes away and you also tend to have less of an appetite overall. I found that at least for me, cutting back didn't do that, and I was more likely to be hungry.

HAPPY SPRING & APRIL FOOLS CHALLENGE
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote