View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #23
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Beautiful Chilly Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Getting up so much earlier I have started eating a brunch ~ mostly of fruit and veggies with a bit of protein called a boiled egg. I love those little Kiwi fruit globes and peal a couple of them and slice them and they are so yummy and slice a nice ripe tomato. I like to sprinkle some ground up Italian spices over the tomato slices.

The mail today brought us a new “Best Loved Bluegrass” CD that I am currently playing and it is a good one. There are two more that are supposed to have been mailed so that is a start on buying all that they have offered in this series. I think Will said there were hundreds of them in all that he is going to be getting a few at a time. These old artists really knew how to sing and harmonize well without all the new enhancements they use these days for singers. The wonderful sound of the banjos, guitars and mandolins is candy to the ears.

I haven’t decided yet what to cook for dinner but it will be a simple meal for sure with lots of fruit and veggies in it. Maybe a stir fry with fruit as a dessert. I’ll need to decide soon so I can get the meat thawed.

DONNA FAYE Have you asked any of the stores there to stock some jicama? Usually they will oblige a customer and at least check into the possibility of stocking it. A health food store would have some of the things the regular markets don’t carry so that would be a good place to check for it. I find it odd that a huge place like Memphis that you live in does not have any and this little po-dunk place we live in does. When I was in college and studied marketing that wouldn’t have been the case in our studies. The larger places usually have more choices to offer customers then the small towns do. OH ~ I can just smell those rolls baking in your oven. What kind of cheesecake are you making? I haven't made one of those in awhile and have quite a few yummy recipes for making them. I still have some of the pumpkin cheesecake I made for Thanksgiving in the freezer come to think of it.

Have a great day Magnolias ~ Type at y’all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 01-19-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote