Height: 5'6"

Default Yuck.

Grapefruit HNS= Yuck.

Anyone else have any yucks today?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #2  
babybat

Height: 5'7

I haven't ate anything today but I agree, not a fan of grapefruit...it has a strong after taste YUCK.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

It's the only one so far that I really don't like. Although the green tea has a bit of an after taste too.

Don't you get CRAZY hungry when you don't eat? I turn into a dragon!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'2"

I thought it would be like Fresca, but not so much. If you drink it hot, it's kind of nice, though. I only drink it at night or if I'm not feeling well (like hot tea).
MrsRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

So far I don't care for the Blue Raspberry, I'm finishing it off first to get rid of it.

I really like the peach mango, last night as a dessert I added my peach to it with ice and blended, it was a nice smoothie.

Good news, my counselor called today to check in with me and see how things are going, a nice friendly catch up. Anyways, she said I get to have a creamie today so I made the 'Almond Joy' chocolate I mentioned in the other thread... it is good, the chocolate leaves a bit of an after taste. I think I'll play with the recipe some and add a little more extract next time BUT it is a nice chocolate treat.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #6  
Living Intuitively

Yay! That's wonderful! I won't be having any creamies until 2/1 when I can afford more HNSs. LOL. Oh well.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
So far I don't care for the Blue Raspberry, I'm finishing it off first to get rid of it.

I really like the peach mango, last night as a dessert I added my peach to it with ice and blended, it was a nice smoothie.

Good news, my counselor called today to check in with me and see how things are going, a nice friendly catch up. Anyways, she said I get to have a creamie today so I made the 'Almond Joy' chocolate I mentioned in the other thread... it is good, the chocolate leaves a bit of an after taste. I think I'll play with the recipe some and add a little more extract next time BUT it is a nice chocolate treat.
After I seen the other post about adding the extract..I tried it. Not to bad but I need to play with it too. I loved the coconut flavor but not so sure about the almond...maybe I put to much. lol Do you measure yours?
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I used to love the grapefruit when it came in a foil packet. I hat it most every morning at the gym. When they switched to the paper packet the taste changed do much that I traded in my packets.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylani View Post
After I seen the other post about adding the extract..I tried it. Not to bad but I need to play with it too. I loved the coconut flavor but not so sure about the almond...maybe I put to much. lol Do you measure yours?
I did measure the extracts, I put 1 tsp of almond and 1 tsp of coconut but I don't think it was enough because I could barely taste them so tomorrow night I think I'm going to double the amount and see if it's better. I got my cookbook tonight and it has some wonderful recipes that call for different kinds of diet sodas like diet chocolate soda, diet raspberry soda, etc... unfortunately I can't find any of them in my area.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #10  
Living Intuitively

I'm going to trade in the three I have left to try some other ones. At the center they made all of them sound SOOO good. LOL.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
I did measure the extracts, I put 1 tsp of almond and 1 tsp of coconut but I don't think it was enough because I could barely taste them so tomorrow night I think I'm going to double the amount and see if it's better. I got my cookbook tonight and it has some wonderful recipes that call for different kinds of diet sodas like diet chocolate soda, diet raspberry soda, etc... unfortunately I can't find any of them in my area.
I use these La Croix flavored waters for my smoothies and when I drink my HNS. It just gives it a little bit more flavor and the fizz that I love. http://www.lacroixwater.com/

Last edited by Keylani; 01-20-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylani View Post
I use these La Croix flavored waters for my smoothies and when I drink my HNS. It just gives it a little bit more flavor and the fizz that I love.
Thanks Keylani, I'll look for those. On a side note, I did increase the extract amount to 2 tsp of each and ick...too much almond, it was so overpowering I couldn't even taste the coconut and barely stand to drink it (held my nose and drank as fast as I could lol). I think I'll keep almond at 1 tsp and increase coconut to 2 tsp to see if that helps.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #13  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

I made the chocolate mint smoothie from the recipe book last night. Yuck, yuck, a thousand times yuck! No way did that need an entire teaspoon of mint extract. Wasted a dbl. choc. pudding HNS (could NOT finish it, even tried watering it down with twice as much soda). Wasted the diet soda. Aaargh!

Last edited by Going4Fit; 01-21-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
I made the chocolate mint smoothie from the recipe book last night. Yuck, yuck, a thousand times yuck! No way did that need an entire teaspoon of mint extract. Wasted a dbl. choc. pudding HNS (could NOT finish it, even tried watering it down with twice as much soda). Wasted the diet soda. Aaargh!
I hear you Going4Fit, I tried the 'Almond Joy' again tonight and played with the recipe reducing the almond extract but still no luck (the almond is still overpowering) so I think I'll move on to something else. I love the Root Beer Float by using diet root beer and the vanilla pudding, that is just awesome.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #15  

Going4Fit
OOOOH NOOOO! That's horrible! I'll be sure not to try that one.

WorkinProgress
I just leave out the almond now...even one drop is to strong for me lol. Maybe vanilla and coconut would taste good...gonna try that soon.

Here's my favorite morning smoothie..I have it every morning for breakfast and it's huge

My blender breakfast:
1 HNS pudding (van or choc depending on mood)
1 HNS orange
1 scoop MRC super fruit powder stuff..can't think of name atm
5-6 small frozen strawberries
1 teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon
1 can orange flavor LaCroix sparkling water
1 tsp sure-gel (for my hair and nails)
sometimes I add ice cubes

additions that I add sometimes to the choc one to change it up:
coconut extract
waldens farms chocolate syrup (makes it extra chocolatey)