Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #285 Bale of Turtles Doing the Right Thing!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder (for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

New week - lets get moving and on track. Lets all make sure we have some fruit and extra water today.

Lets all have a great week & be down at the scale

Good luck!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Turtles and Happy Monday to you all!

Things have been strange for me lately but today the hubs went back to work so it is a turning point for me to get back on track with a lot of things that have slipped lately.

I hope that everyone is doing well and and staying warm and healthy... lots of flu bugs going around right now...

I will try and catch up with the old posts to see what is going on with everyone...

One step at a time for me...
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #4  
Becoming SkinnyMomma

S/C/G: 220/206/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello Turtles!

Apologies for the lapse in posting....I missed checking in on of all of you and so happy to be back. Over the holiday, my husband and I noticed how much our kids were dependent on their new leap pads hardly coming up for air or conversation. So we decided to give up technology as a family for the remainder of the holidays and get up and go outside to play or learn a few games not involving computers. So no Internet for me! Bought Nordic skis last week, enrolled in yoga classes and helped my mom start her walking regime.

My weight is still teetering around 210 but with exercises I am sure it will come off soon.
BigMomma135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone so my I gained a little bit this week. But I have realized salty foods is not my friend. I am still trying to track and avoid fast food. I have two job interviews tommorrow. So hopefully one of those pans out. Because if I go through another one of those you have a job but we no longer have a position open again. I am going to loose what is left of my mind.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Hope everyone is well. Well try to check in more regularly. Excuse any typos I am a little tired.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Gals!

Keepin at it, food pretty good, but I cant get back in to the exercise routine!!! I need to get moving!!! My December slump has run into January!!!!!!!!!! Help!

Welcome to the new gals, we are glad to have you!!

Life salt is not my friend either!!! I am trying more of a low fat, lower cal, I have to figure what eating plan works for me!! So many challenges right now!
But I will keep at it!

Have a great hump day!
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #7  
Becoming SkinnyMomma

Morning everyone!

I made some yummy soup yesterday about 5 points for 15 oz. I could have made it a free soup but I wanted to put protein and complex carbs in it to make it more of a complete meal (gr.chicken breast and lentils). Great to have on hand when in a rush.

Terri, when I hit a exercise slump, I reach for walking off the pounds and just start with a 1 mile walk...it usually snowballs from there. Good luck!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #8  

Hi ladies

Princess - glad to see you back with us, missed you!

Terri - I have been struggling to get exercise as well. My knee is abit better
but still has fluid on top which is causing the pain. But I could still be doing something although I have been using my little weights when watching TV and walking in place on commercials.

Bigmomma - I love soup, especially when it is cold/damp outside and yours
sounds really good. I made a big pot last week & basically it is a "clean out your fridge" soup - whatever veggies need used up with some broth, then pureed up, thats it. Different everytime - but always good.

Judy - hope you are having a great week and staying on track!

Life - I am same with salty food, scale always goes up if I have something really salty like chinese. Hoping your little gain is gone

Still struggling since the holidays - really hard to get back on track EVERY day.
As they say: It is easier to stay on track, rather than get back on track.

All - good luck at the scale this week!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #9  
Chick

Princess, so good to hear from you. Having dh back at work will put your life into a more manageable routine and you'll be fine. Just stick with it and stick with us.......we are always glad to hear from you.

I've been MIA myself a bit this week. Turned into a big brat baby because I was unhappy with last week's weight loss. Did everything right and the scale was paltry. So, in my biggest brat mode I overate this week. Was that a good idea? Well, I gained back the pound. Duh. Always good to hear what you are doing . I'm relaxing a bit, stopping beating myself up, and going about what I know works. If I lose slowly, well, that's the way it is. Even one pound a week gets me to goal within this year. Duh and double duh.

Big Momma, I like your activity goal-----smart to go low tech for awhile.

Terri, you'll get there with the . It is weird how this after holiday slump is affecting so many of us.

Life, I just know you will get the next job from your interview. You are good and solid and I know you'd be good at your job. Keep up your spirits and chime in here when you can. Salt is absolutely the worst for me, so I know how you feel!

BAndit, isn't it weird how tough it is to get out of the Christmas slump? Well, we've still got half on Jan. to work with. for posting and working to get on track. My aim: one pound down /week. I went over to the weekly WI site and posted my weight.

Talk soon.
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 01-17-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Update!!!!!!!

I got off work a bit early and went to gym!!! I did it!!!Got on treadmill for 30 minutes!!! Its a start!!!

Yeah me!!! HEHEHEHE

Glad everyone posting! Good to hear from you all!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #11  
Chick

Hey Terri!!!! You are the best. Weigh to go! and leads to
: Isn't it great how you turned this around?
All the best to you,
Judy

All Turtles, we can do this. We are doing this. A slipup here and there is nothing. It happens because we are human. The main thing is to keep on going and get on track. Again, we are doing this!@
Judy
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #12  

Morning, turtles

Terri - great job on getting your butt to the gym, hooray!!!!

Judy - thanks for your encouragement, much needed right now.

Well, I was up 1# last night at ww. So wasn't too happy with that.
Really, need to do better over the weekend. That is my downfall.
And my friend that I went to ww with has moved and is no longer going
to my centre, so I was thinking of moving my weigh in day to Sat & that
really might help keep me on track better on weekends. Plus I wouldn't have to wait around an hour Wed evenings for the meeting.
So could be a win/win situation.

All - keep warm and lets all try and get some exercise of some kind.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #13  
Chick

Bandit, I think what you are saying makes sense. A WI as the weekend starts makes sure that Friday will be a good day. Then you'll also get the pep talk on Sat. to get through the rest of the weekend. Let us know what you decide.

I am thinking today. Thanks for the pep talk.
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #14  

Morning, turtles

Another sunny, cold, white day up here but since I don't work Fridays don't have to worry about driving far - yippee! Lately, I have been going through my freezer and using up things instead of constantly buying more food I don't need, so my grocery bill has really dropped, which is nice.
Still need my fresh stuff but really makes a difference when you use what you have.

My goal this weekend is to do my walking tapes, there is no excuse for not doing anything when I can do it from home, at my own pace and just what I am capable of right now.

Also planning on dropping by the Sat ww meeting and probably will change up my w/i day and was looking online and they have meetings 3 times on Sat with my Wed leader, so really think that is my next move.

Anyone cooking up anything yummy this weekend? Always on the lookout for something new to try.

All - have a great weekend & keep warm!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #15  
Becoming SkinnyMomma

Hello Turtles!

So I am still hanging on to a few extra pounds from the holidays...I am so close to saying so long to the 200's...oh well....today I was on plan and I just got in a 25 min ski in before our area experienced a flash freeze system. I went out in - 5 and an hour or two later it was - 15!

I am enjoying my walk away the pound videos too...my mom and I are work out buddies.

Here is to all of us getting up and moving that scale down a few!