Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #1  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Default Why are the last 10-15lbs the absolute worst?!

I was doing so well the first 5 months, got down 50 lbs and everything loving it. Then, decided to take a break for the holiday season and my birthday. Finally have been back on program for 3 weeks and only now back to where I was before the break. This time around being on program seems just as easy but the pounds aren't shedding and for the life of me, can't kick that couple glasses of wine a week. Before the break that didn't seem to hinder my progress and now it's like kryptonite

Do any of you have good suggestions to get that awesome quick-loss you have at the beginning, I am loosing motivation and not to mention money. What's worse, I could theoretically feel okay at this weight but I know that is a mistake to cut myself short.

Thank you!
Mufassia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Stop drinking the wine, when you are in ketosis the liver shuts down using your fat stores and starts to metabolize the alcohol. I would consider yourself lucky that you were losing when you were drinking the wine the first time you were on it.

Also, you have less fat on your body for your body to use...at 208 you needed more calories in a day to be you then you do at 152 so your body isn't using as much fat stores on a daily basis to get you through.

OR, you're body likes where it is...?? Are you happy emotionally and physically where you are? It's ok to stop and maintain there too

I don't drink wine but some of them also have sugars.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I went through a low few weeks in the last 10 pounds. Very low losses. If you hang in there, it should get going again..but it was not as fast as the beginning first weeks. You could lose the last 10 using alternatives, if you are worried about money. Mainly..you decide what weight you want to be. Good luck.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #4  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Ishbel and Maile, you are both such inspirations to me. You have lost the weight on IP and kept it off on maintenance.

I'm now in my last 10 pounds (or so). I've already moved my goal weight down 5 pounds and may move in down another 5 so I'm really where I want to be.

It's an interesting place to be. I know the diet well and have no trouble following it and staying OP. I've been 100% since the beginning.

On the other hand, the feedback I'm getting from others is, of course, "you look great at this weight. Why lose more?" and that sort of thing.

The weight loss is definitely slower now. I even gained a pound one week (and then lost it) for no reason at all! Didn't do anything different that week.

I understand that this final stretch might be difficult, especially when I have such mixed feelings about phasing off and making the transition to maintenance. I'm comfortable in this eating pattern and I'll need to learn new ones. But I'm also getting ready to start adding other tastes back into my life.

I have not been at this weight since I was in my late teens or very early 20s for a very short period. Therefore, my body is not accustomed to being like this. I want it to really understand that this is going to be my weight for the rest of this life.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

You don't want to stop before you reach goal. Keep going. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS. It's hard for all of us as we get close to goal. Right now I'm doing a reboot, and stopping before goal (5 pounds above) is so tempting...

Just keep going. Do it week by week or if needed day by day. BUT DO IT!!!

And no more wine!!! That's not helping at all. K? You can do it!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #6  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Feeling this too- Thanks for the kick start everyone!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #7  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufassia View Post
I was doing so well the first 5 months, got down 50 lbs and everything loving it. Then, decided to take a break for the holiday season and my birthday. Finally have been back on program for 3 weeks and only now back to where I was before the break. This time around being on program seems just as easy but the pounds aren't shedding and for the life of me, can't kick that couple glasses of wine a week. Before the break that didn't seem to hinder my progress and now it's like kryptonite

Do any of you have good suggestions to get that awesome quick-loss you have at the beginning, I am loosing motivation and not to mention money. What's worse, I could theoretically feel okay at this weight but I know that is a mistake to cut myself short.

Thank you!
I'm in the same boat, almost identical situation, except I haven't been drinking any wine. Being OP hasn't been difficult, but the weight loss has slowed a lot and I still have about 20lbs to go. I really is difficult to stay motivated when things slow down so much, BUT try to remember that the persistence will pay off!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #8  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

In the same boat also. Trying to lose an additional 10 lbs after a 3 month maintenance break and in 3 weeks I'm only down 3 - 4 lbs. I'm a wine drinker also but I haven't had a drop since I started.

It is harder when you're lower in lbs, I'm sure I'll get there, and you will too. I know most people don't believe in this philosophy but I'm giving myself one night off (I won't be too bad) so that I am able to refocus. Without it, I think I would just call it goal even though I don't want to. I want a little more "wiggle" room

joysh - you look amazing!!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #9  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Thank you all lovely ladies for the inspiration! And yes, Joysh you look incredible, as do Maile and Ishbel!

The wine will have to go, I was able to kick it for the first couple of months and just have to get back to that mentality. I agree with you, Angie, that wiggle room is crucial as we all have our bad days.

Thanks again everyone
Mufassia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 133/117/112

Height: 5' 2''

I have been on IP for 2 weeks today and have been reading posts here since day 1 but this is my first post. I have 15-20 pounds to lose. Week 1 was 5 lbs. and this week was 2lbs. I am happy to have loss but was honestly expecting a different (more) weight loss. I don't *think* I am cheating but maybe need to start watching my vegetable choices/amounts?

I also have a question about Splenda. How many packets can I have per day? I can ask my coach but won't see her until next week. I am currently having up to 12 per day (2 cups of coffee with 3 packets and then up to 2 cups of decaf hot tea with 2-3 packets). Prob too much even if I am not on IP!!!

Thanks!
pinky1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #11  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I sympathize with everyone who's on the 'final 10' stretch. My weight loss has been slower than most all through this process, but it's really slowed down now and it seems very hard to get that scale to show me anything below 155lbs. I do know that if I keep on truckin' then the scale will eventually reflect it with a lower #.
I've recently added vibracize sessions, as I'm intriqued by all the benefits it (supposedly) gives. I can tell that it's helping me tone up. But the weight is staying the same. This morning's weigh-in on my Omron full body compostion scale did show an increase in muscle % though, so hopefully increased muscle is the reason for the current stall on the scale.

Psychologically, despite still wanting to get down to 145 eventually, I do feel that I look quite good at this weight (apart from some remaining belly flab) and sometimes I feel like my negative twin is sitting on my shoulder whispering that I don't really 'need' to get lower. So far the more motivated half of me is staying on purpose and ignoring her.

Last edited by evepet; 01-18-2013 at 09:49 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I am having a hard time with the last 15lbs as well. My last 6 Wi's have been 1lb or less. Last week I was up 0.5lb. All OP, no ETOH. No exercise other than an occasional long walk in the woods with my dog.
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Yes, the last 10-20 pounds are so tough. But we just need to be tougher and it is ultimately deciding every minute of the day what it is that we really want.

If wine is a problem, and I like wine also, just tell yourself you can have it later and right now, have an IP approved beverage, like iced herbal tea.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #14  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Yes, the last 10-20 pounds are so tough. But we just need to be tougher and it is ultimately deciding every minute of the day what it is that we really want.

If wine is a problem, and I like wine also, just tell yourself you can have it later and right now, have an IP approved beverage, like iced herbal tea.
I'm with you, Chloe. I said to my husband earlier today that I would love to be able to curl up in front of the fire with a glass of red wine. But that ain't happening until I get to my goal weight! (And by that point I may be so used to sipping tea that I won't even want the wine!)
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Struggled for 8 weeks, had small cheats like cashews.

Started boot camp and the weight is finally coming off.
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote