Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - January 2013 - Everyone Welcome! - PART 2

We are getting close to 500 posts in the first thread, so I started a new one. Let's make the second half of the month as good as the first!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month and a great year!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-31-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #2  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Good news, bad news on the results of my gym. Bad is, it wasn't the batteries. Although, it counts calories, time, speed and so forth; resistance doesn't work. On the flip side, my treadmill is awesome. Or I am. Whatever the case, I have a new tool in the gym.

So, I got this treadmill in 2000 cuz my baby got super sick and had to live on a heart monitor. I was an avid gym goer at the time, never lost weight but that was because of health issues, but I loved the gym...so we began to build. In the beginning at 200, the treadie worked fine...so did I, but as baby grew so did I. Then 2001 hit and my world spun out of control, triggering PSTD and Bipolar at the same time. I had many lifestyle changes after that causing weight to skyrocket right up to 300. At 300, I had no balance and my treadmill had no umph to move me. I still deal with all my issues, but under 200 now, my treadie works for me again. And my balance! It was awesome. So while Green Day and I sang at the top of our lungs under ground, I climbed the same hill for an hour My hip was fatigued afterward, but when I woke up it only said "ow, could you move slower until I wake up". I'll do my best to do as it asks, but definitely going to hit the treadmill again today...as soon as I replace DH's cds! That man slipped boring rock into my only punk cd player...it went from Green Day to someone who sounded like he was sleep talking....snooze. Can't have that, it's my time to scream! I might have to get speakers for my IPOD for such an occasion.

I'm also down nearly 2 pounds, but still not at lowest. I only have 3 more months before the challenge is over to lose 20 lbs and I'm still working on pound one Better stop being lazy, I have no more excuses.

Diana writing is at a standstill right now, not because I don't know what to write, it's because I can't decide which route to take...do I go with the Prince and Princess' lovestory which I've barely touched upon? Or do I go with the mystery of the insane family? I just don't know...I've built it all up, presented the killer...but now I must put in my twists...which is finding 100 years worth of dead children...so creepy, I can't decide where to put them Pesky children. But Jack and Diane are still waiting to play in the parking lot of Frosty's otherwise, it's not a lovestory. I know I should go with them, I know. But I love my plot of creepy family so much. But I gotta think of the reader...DH, DD and an unknown...we'll see. I write daily, I just say, no not that route by the end of the day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #3  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday's Calories = 1509. Morning/Weekly WI = 145.6! Down 1.6 pounds from last week! *Does happy dance*
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #4  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

good morning

calories yesterday-1456

Down 1 pound! yay

Alot of snow here and it is cold...wind chill 3 degrees

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #5  
Krissy Missy

Diana - Thanks for the new thread! Good luck with the thyroid tests, be sure to let us know how it went.

Ellemphriem - Good job on resisting the urge to binge! Keep it up.

Misti
- Hang in there, the weight will come off!

Hello to everyone else.

Tonight is DH's and my date night! I can't tell you how excited I am to get out of the house with just him (mom is going to watch DS). We're going to go to Outback and maybe do something else, still don't know yet. Anyone have some other suggestions of what we could do besides eat? LOL. We live near Ann Arbor (a larger city) so there are a lot of options. It's been so long since we've had a date I don't know what to do
Old 01-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Good morning, all! There have been a lot of changes in my life recently (good mostly) but am hanging in with the weight management and my good calorie level challenge, plus doing the Fitbit steps, the 2-3 weight or circuit training workouts, plus 2-3 for fun DVDs such as Leslie, and some yoga and soon more things are to be added to my weeks. But for this long weekend I am just paying bills, watching calories & taking nana naps as well as stocking the pantry, lying low & not too communicative. Woot!

Hope everyone has a great day, thanks for the fresh new thread, Diana. This check-in sure moves fast and I apologize but I am not doing a great job of doing responses but I am enjoying reading everything.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #7  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

So the scale didn't really move too much at all this week (160.4 to 160.1) but I expected as much due to TOM.

I did get some decent measurement results despite bloating so that was a definite plus! Here is the overall picture since I started measurements 4 weeks ago.

Baseline to week 2 change:
Bust: down 3/4 of an inch
Below bust: down 1/2 inch
Waist: down 1 inch
Hips: down 1 inch
Thigh, left: down 1/2 inch
Thigh, right: down 1/2 inch

Week 2 to week 4 change
Bust: down 1 inch
Hips: down 1/2 inch
Thigh, left: down 1/4 inch
Thigh, right: down 1/4 inch

So that means my total inches lost in 4 weeks...
Bust: down 1.75 of an inch
Below bust: down 1 inch
Waist: down 2 inches!!!!
Hips: down 1.5 inch
Thigh, left: down 0.75 inch
Thigh, right: down 0.75 inch

That should be enough motivation to keep me forging ahead.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #8  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnabear View Post
So the scale didn't really move too much at all this week (160.4 to 160.1) but I expected as much due to TOM.

I did get some decent measurement results despite bloating so that was a definite plus! Here is the overall picture since I started measurements 4 weeks ago.

Baseline to week 2 change:
Bust: down 3/4 of an inch
Hips: down 1 inch
Thigh, left: down 1/2 inch
Thigh, right: down 1/2 inch

Week 2 to week 4 change
Bust: down 1 inch
Hips: down 1/2 inch
Thigh, left: down 1/4 inch
Thigh, right: down 1/4 inch

So that means my total inches lost in 4 weeks...
Bust: down 1.75 of an inch
Below bust: down 1 inch
Waist: down 2 inches!!!!
Hips: down 1.5 inch
Thigh, left: down 0.75 inch
Thigh, right: down 0.75 inch

That should be enough motivation to keep me forging ahead.

Wow! Great job!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #9  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Decided to count calories today... Need a notebook to start recording each day. Planning on 1400 a day.

5 am - Breakfast - 232
Special K Cereal - 120 Calories
Almond Milk Vanilla - 90 Calories
Hershey Kiss - 22 Calories

8:30 am -Snack - 300
Clementine - Approximately 40 Calories
Coffee - Approximately 80 Calories
Special K Protein Bar - 180 Calories

12 pm - Lunch - 580
Subway 6" Turkey on Rosemary Sea Salt Bread w/ Mustard, Spinach, Pickles, and Mozzarella - Approximately 350 Calories
Voskos Strawberry Greek Yogurt - 120 Calories
Apple 3.5" - 110 Calories

6 pm - Dinner - 350
Edamame - 100 Calories
Tilapia - 110 Calories
Olive Oil and Dried Herbs - Approximately 80 Calories
Juicy Juice Fruitifuls Berry Cherry Burst - 60 Calories (Nutrition HERE. Really not all that bad for juice.)

10 pm - Snack - 280
Trader Joe's Rosemary Foccacia - 280 Calories ( No Willpower)

Last edited by Psychic; 01-19-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #10  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Good morning! This is a drive by as I'm on the way to the city to hit up a walk in clinic for some pain stuff to get me through until Tuesday, which is the earliest I can get in to a dentist. I have a high pain threshold, but this is ridiculous!

Down just under a pound to 353.5 today. Got my swim in, even with the sore jaw. Good news of the day is that my holdfast handbags purse got here today. It was a treat and I love it!

Yesterday calories in:1488
Salmon (What else? lol)
Broccoli
Spinach salad
eggs
almonds
pork chop with mayo spice sauce
mini babybel
mashed potato
one tim bit

Calories out:850
Swim
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #11  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Missy Krissy - my first language is greek. I taught myself english by watching tv.

My cat broke my laptop's keyboard. I use the little plastic thingies under the buttons and she chewed on them. It's annoying. They're all torn, so I'm afraid that I'll completely ruin them before the new keyboard is here and the college stuff is done. So, I've abandoned the internet again. I did get down to 190, though!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #12  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
Decided to count calories today... Need a notebook to start recording each day. Planning on 1400 a day.
Have you tried Myfitnesspal to document? I used to struggle with documenting on paper but it's so easy with MFP that I've been diligent about documenting everything since I started. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but thought I'd throw it out there...and its free.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #13  

Congratulations to Bunnabear! Mamakat and Pinkflakes!
Thank you Novangel! I will try running for an hour at least over the weekend and see if that helps. Hang in there till TTOM is done
Diana, you are right I bet it is the caffeine
My calories yesterday: forgot to track (man!) because of work but i think it might have been over by 200
Exercise today: None
This weekend I am off with the kids to Disneyland hopefully standing in the lines and walking in insane crowds will help me lose one pound (only if i stay off the cotton candy and other theme park "food attractions"

Last edited by Rasagolla; 01-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #14  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnabear View Post
Have you tried Myfitnesspal to document? I used to struggle with documenting on paper but it's so easy with MFP that I've been diligent about documenting everything since I started. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but thought I'd throw it out there...and its free.
Even though I'm around computers all day, I've always had trouble recording food online. I think I'd be more likely to write things down in a book.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #15  
Krissy Missy

Psychic - I use pen and paper to keep track of my calories too. I used to use an excell spread sheet, but I much prefer my bright orange binder. Use whatever works for you!
Closed Thread