Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 11:09 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default stay at home moms #88

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, encouragment and friendship as we raise families, regain health and lose weight together. All are welcome- newcomers and present friends
Old 09-26-2003, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

You snuck in on me!! lol! But at least I got the message before I went to bed. Thanks for starting the new thread! TTYL!
Old 09-27-2003, 09:00 AM   #3  

Good morning all!!
Great news on my WI!!! I'm down 3.5#'s!!!!! I couldn't believe it either!! I'm out of the 160's now! And some more great news!! I'm wearing my size 12 jeans!!! Last week I could put them on and button them but zipping them would require some shallow breathing and walking funny (lol) but today I slipped them on and buttoned and zipped them with no problems!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I am on cloud nine right now. I've never lost 3.5 lbs before after the first week of a diet... never! This is so amazing! I guess I am doing something right!! Just wanted to share my good news with you all! TTYL!
Old 09-27-2003, 12:39 PM   #4  
One day at a time.

Congratulations Spryng!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 09:43 PM   #5  

hi I am new here I am still getting to know the place I am a mom I have 3 kids I am trying to loose 10 pnds by halloween and 50 pnds all together my kids are Madison 5 yrs old Kadyn 3 yrs old and Aulivia almost 3 months old
Old 09-27-2003, 09:57 PM   #6  
One day at a time.

Welcome Makaau! You'll love it here, lot's of great women and all the support you need!

I'm Melissa, married mother of two, Ds 12 yrs, and Dd 5 weeks. I've just re-joined Weight Watchers and have about 100 lbs. to lose, to reach my goal. I look forward to getting to know you!

As for me, well, Dd is very fussy with this nasty cold and sore throat she's got, so I can't stay but would love to get some get well wishes over here! Take care, and I'll be back ASAP!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #7  
Domestic Engineer

Welcome Makaau! We are living parallel lives! I have 3 kids as well, 5, 3 in a couple weeks and 5 months! Where are you in Utah (generally if you don't want to say) I have a couple sisters in South Jordan and we are visiting them next week! Hey, I'm 5'7 as well too

Spryng- WTG!!! WW must really be working for you! Or I should say you are working the program and your hard work is paying off

Melissa- poor Myra! I sure hope she's on the mend soon! It's no fun having sick kids

WEll, I had a planned off day, but didn't go too crazy. i feel kinds gross though so maybe it's not even worth it! Back OP tomorrow. Well, Ian is getting ready for sleep and still needs a bath. I'll check in tomorrow...
Old 09-27-2003, 10:49 PM   #8  

Angry New to Board's!

This is my first time to post here. I really need some support. I joined ww twice, the first time i lost 23 pds, I got a job and in less than a year I have gained 30 pound's. I can't seem to get back on the right track again. I like to walk I just have a problem controlling my sweet tooth. I hope to get a buddy. or at least some good advice.

Thank You,
Deb
Old 09-27-2003, 11:00 PM   #9  
Made my Goal weight!

Default HI ALL

I am new here too...
I am the mother of a 2.5 year old and I have a 7 week old.both BOYS....
During my pregnancy I gained 75+ pounds NOw I am working very hard to lose it...
As I am sure many of you know, it feels twice as hard when you have a husband and kids who can eat whatever they want...and you have to be the one to cook it, whether you can eat it or not.

So far I have lost 40 pounds, but I still have a lot more to go and I am completely motivated to do so...

Leanne
Old 09-28-2003, 12:21 AM   #10  
One day at a time.

Welcome Deb and Leanne!

You've come to the right place, this is support central, there's almost alway's someone here when you need a pat on the back or a gentle kick in the back side!

Deb, I have just re-joined WW, but I lost 66 lbs. with their program last year, before my Daughter came along. Now I'm trying to get back in the swing too! As for your sweet tooth, I know what you mean, but I have found some yummy goodies at the WW web site, maybe you could try some too! If you need anything let us help!

Leanne, I'm right there with you dear! I gained lots during my pregnancy too, and have lost about 50 of it, but still have more, just to get back to my prepregnancy weight and then even more after that! I can also relate to feeding the family while trying to diet. I've been lucky though, Dh and Ds like the recipies I've gotten from the WW web site. I've been cooking a lot of chicken by breading it and they love it! It's pretty easy to prepare too! Anyway, Welcome and good luck!

Well ladies, I just got Myra down and I'm going to try to get a little rest too! Good night, I'll be back tomorrow!

Last edited by mel17; 09-28-2003 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:22 AM   #11  

Good morning all!
Wow! Look at all the new faces here! Exciting!! Welcome all!
Makaau, I love the way you spelled your kids names, especially Aulivia, that beautiful! And welcome to our thread. I hope to get to know you better soon! What plan are you on or thining about?
Deb! Another WW! That is so great. There are several of us here doing this one. I just joined 3 weeks ago and have lost 5.5 lbs on it so far. I really love it. And I think you will find both of what you are looking for here... advice and buddies, not to be concieted or anything but we are a great group of women here.
Leanne, welcome also! What plan are you on? It's hard to lose that pregnancy weight, especially if it wasn't your first pregnancy.
Well let me introduce myself. I'm Spryng (pronounced spring, real name, btw) I'm 23 and a mother of 3 children. Ava who is 3 1/2, Joseph (aka bubba, is 2 1/2) and little Tanner who is 3 months old, or 14 weeks. So I'm trying to get my pregnancy weight off too. Well actually I am already back down to my prepregnancy weight because I gained some before I got pregnant this last time but now I'm trying to get to a healthy weight. I'm married to a wonderful man of 5 years now. He just became an OTR truck driver so I don't see him much anymore... it's a long story why but basically we needed the income and there's not much to offer here where I live.
But welcome all and I hope you can find this thread your home away from home. I've been here almost 2 years now and I love this site and these women. I'm proud to say I've made very real friends here and love that. But we give support and encouragement as much as we get it so feel free to post about anything!
Mel, did you feel lonely here yesterday? lol. I'm sorry I deserted you. I actually was gone for most of the day. It was very unplanned. My DH was at his companies yard for the day so I drove the hour and 20 min to see him! It was really nice. We went out to eat, walked around a very neat outlet mall (I'll be going back very soon!) and just visited. The kids were happy to see their daddy. Then I came home and had WW3 with my 2 yo son. He was on a rampage all night and ended up having to go to bed early because of it. I hope he outgrows this phase soon. Oh yeah, and remember that Firm workout I said I did the other night? Well when I woke up yesterday my legs and such felt fine but as the day wore on I became so sore! Needless to say I didn't workout last night because I hurt too much. But even though I'm still sore today too I plan to at least get some upper body workouts in.
Emily, don't worry about your "off" day. Just make today great and get in extra water to flush your system and I'm sure you'll be fine. Yesterday I used up my flexpoints too but I'm not worried about it. I know I'll be good the rest of the week. And that's what they are for right? lol
Well last night I had a scare. I went to bed at 10 pm and at 11:30 pm I woke up startled to a sound. It was so scary for me. It sounded like someone was in my attic... and then it sounded like it was coming from my kitchen... and then outside my bedroon wall... I was so frightened! I've never been afraid to be by myself since DH left but last night I prayed so hard that he was there with me. When I sat up in bed it stopped, just like that. I grabbed my phone and called DH and he was worried about me too because I was crying and all that. I walked through the house and there was nothing.. and there is no way a person could be in my attic because there isn't a way in from outside and the entrance is in my room. So it had to be a cat or racoon or something crawling on my roof, and I figure they might have been in my trash because it's outside my bedroom wall. But still... last night I couldn't think rationally like I am now about it so I got my dd up and put her in bed with me. She was so sweet, she held my hand and we went to sleep. I guess that was what I needed. lol. Hopefully that doesn't happen again tonight.
Well anyway.. I guess I've wrote alot. I need to get dressed and get this day started. I'll chat with you all later!!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:19 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Pfew!!!!!
I missed a day and there are 3 new ladies posting and a new thread!! Welcome Deb, Leanne and Makaau. I wish I had time to get personal with each of you, but my one last brain cell is running out of steam.........and it has been a long weekend. I'm glad that you came to check this thread out- the friendship and encouragement are great.
Melissa- hope that Myra is getting over that cold soon!
Spryng- sounds like racoons to me.......what a scare! And nice that you could get another visit with Dh in! Congrats on the WI too!
Emily- we all have off days.....at my last WW meeting the leader asked how many had had "perfect" weeks (as far as WW goes)- and got no response. Then she went down to 6 good days, 1 bad.......got a few takers there.......most of us fell into 5-4 good days and we are still losing! You are doing fine....hang in there.

We had a busy weekend.......yesterday was non stop but fun. Not too good with my eating, but today is better and the weather has been shaky for walking. Got a 20 minute walk in today. But my alarm is already set for 4:50......and a cold front has come thru and it is nice and brisk out there... I am looking foward to that early walk! Better go get some sleep. Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 09-29-2003, 12:05 AM   #13  
Domestic Engineer

Welcome Deb and Leanne! (and makaau again ) I'm Emily, 34 mom to 3 boys...Brendan 5, Connor 3 in a couple weeks and Ian 5 months. I'm working on pregnancy weight too-- about 25 lbs from each!

Spryng- how scary! I would *freak* out too if I heard sounds and was by myself- I'm sure you are right though- something outside on the roof. How nice that you got to see your DH again so soon! Will he be there often at that yard or was this just a one time thing?

Ginny- I'm so glad to hear that losing is possible with 5-4 days!!!!! I did pretty well today, but tonight have had a run-in with cookie dough! UGH. I don't think my WI tomorrow will be great, and am tempted to skip...but I also want to stay accountable and know the only way I can is to assess the damage!

Well have a great night all...I'm going to attempt the early wake-up tomorrow and get a work out in- wish me luck!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 09:44 AM   #14  
One day at a time.

Morning~!

Spryng, nah~ I didn't get too lonely here, I was just happy to be able to pop in and visit! I'm happy that you got in an extra visit with Dh, and the Outlet mall sounds great too! As for your scare, well you handled it better than I would have, I'm sure I would have called 911 or something to that effect! I've gotten to be a big ole' chicken over the past few years! And living out in the country where we live has multiplied my fear too! Anway, I'm glad everythings Alright for you!

Ginny, I'm glad you're getting in your exercise~ can you get some for me too!?! I'm happy that you had a fun weekend too, how are things on the home front? Thank you for wishing Myra well, she finally seems to be on the mend! Yesterday she wasn't as fussy, so I guess the antibiotics are finally working!!! We had a nice day yesterday too, we decided to ride to the lake and also stopped off for lunch and then Wal-mart on the way home! I really enjoyed myself, especially since I feel like I haven't been anywhere but the DR.'s office lately.

Emily, Don't worry about an off day once in a while, WW works well that way so I'm sure that you'll be fine too! Remember, nobody's perfect, and don't beat yourself up about it! Actually, it could even help to boost your metabolisim by having an off day every now and then!

Well ladies, I think my house work is calling!

TTYL

Last edited by mel17; 09-29-2003 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:12 AM   #15  

Good morning all!
Ginny, I admire you . I am so cold natured that I would have to wear an eskimo suit to walk at 5 am when a cold front has come through! lol. Yesterday is was about 65 in the house and I thought I was going to freeze to death! I was all bundled up. I was tempted to turn the furnace on but I knew that by afternoon it would be comfortable... and it was. A gorgeous day of 75. Today is another one.
Emily, did you get that WI today? Even when I haven't done well I still can't stay away from my scale. i used to be one of those that weighed everyday... but now it's once a week and sometimes the anticiaption is too much. But even if you gained at least you know where you stand and how much to work off.
Mel, so glad that Myra is feeling better. And your day to the lake sounded great. Did she like being outside? Tanner LOVES going outside. I took him out yesterday because he was getting a little fussy inside and as soon as I stepped out on the back porch he got quiet and started looking around. I think that even at this age they can get bored of their surroundings and need a change.
Well my day yesterday was good. It went by slow... but probably because I wasn't feeling too well yesterday morning. I little cranky myself, But by afternoon I was in a good mood and life was good. lol. My eating was right on target and I even did my upper body workout with the firm last night. It was 20 min and it flew by! That was the fastest workout I've ever done. My denise austin tape is 20 min but I find myself feeling like it's taking forever.. well I was just getting into my workout last night and feeling the burn in my shoulders and arms and such when it was over and the cool down started. Boy I love those dvds!! I can't say enough good things about them Today though my legs feel much better so I'll be doing the whole 45 minutes tonight of the body sculpting, upper and lower body. Maybe it's in my head but I feel like I'm seeing results already. My legs feel firmer, my thighs a little tighter...
Oh I have a question... if a person has cellulite, once they get to their goal weight and tone up with exercise will that go away? or is it like stretch marks that are there forever??
OK, got to work on my house too now. TTYL!
Closed Thread