View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
tiawyn

S/C/G: 170/150/100

Height: 4'11"

Something to think about; a man's brain is very different than a woman's brain. You've probably heard about this before. A man is like a huge chest of tiny drawers; only one drawer is open at a time, and when too many drawers are open, the whole thing falls over. When he says that he cannot text you romantic messages at work, it's because he is in his "work drawer" and can't switch to your drawer even when you want it. Understanding that will make both of you less frustrated at each other because you understand where he's coming from and you won't have to pressure him to revert his male thinking.

I also agree with IAmTheGlue's advice. You have to figure out what love languages you both are and be able to give and receive the different kinds of love. The one that I have a better understanding of is "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. The love languages are quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, or physical touch. Most of the time, you can figure out what your love language is by what you give out. For example, my boyfriend loves to cuddle with me, so his love language is physical touch. However, he knows that my love language is time, so he rearranges his schedule in order to spend time with me. Another test is to ask yourself what you cannot live without. Like "If my husband didn't _______, it's proof that he doesn't love me." For me, I know that gifts are not a priority, so it doesn't fit that sentence. However, "If my boyfriend didn't spend time with me, it's proof that he doesn't love me" would be correct for me.

Having an open talk about the situation will be an eye opener to both of you. Communication is very much key to any successful relationship. I am very blessed to have someone that we can talk about anything; even the difficult topics. I highly recommend that you can practice having that open communication with your husband, it will be rewarding if both of you are willing to communicate better.
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote