Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 313/304/150

Height: 5'9

Default Hitting a patch of discouragement.

Ugh..today has been rough. I thought I was going to hit my 10lbs mark tomorrow but after weighing myself this morning that obviously isn't going to happen. I'm dieing to be out of the 300s..I'm nearly there. I'm tired today, I'm sore from the workouts I've been doing, I'm feeling like everything I'm doing isn't enough.
I'm determinded not to give up this time. I just feel like I'm in need of a push to keep going.
emilyherron91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Consider yourself pushed sister.

You know what? I haven't made a single "goal by" date yet. I really thought I'd be down 100 by Christmas. Didn't happen. I wanted to wear a certain shirt to a certain thing. Didn't happen. I came very close to wallowing in these defeats and giving up. But then I realized how many little mountains I moved while trying to pick up Everest, and that those little mountains added up.

You have lost 9 pounds. That's one heck of a start! Keep going, because soon 10 pounds will be a distant memory!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #3  

Oh Emily!!

I know we all use the number on the scale to judge our progress but it's not just about that! (Yes, it's easier for me to say it to you than to myself, even though I know it's true!)

The decision to start your weightloss program is the best thing you could have done. Adding in extra water, watching what you eat, exercising, every little detail has made your body wake up and say "hey, what the heck are you doing to me?!".

Keep doing what you are doing, I promise you that results will happen. I wish our bodies could read the calendar and do things on my schedule but the body can be stubborn.

Post here as much as you need to. I'm so happy you did today so we could chat. You can do this!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #4  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Personally, I think that is one of the big reasons that I throw in the towel over and over....since I can never seem to meet my goals. This time, I am going about it like this....I just have to be better, make better choices, move more and I am not putting a weekly or monthly or total time ultimatum on myself. That way, I hope I can succeed this time. But back to you.... 9 pounds is great! Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see results.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5"6

Pushes are EXACTLY what this forum is for! The way I see it, if you weren't making the positive changes you've clearly started doing already, you'd be GAINING! You have nothing to lose (but pounds!!) haha by being healthy. Monitoring diet and working out help your body in many ways, not just dropping pounds.

You've also just begun- you've likely got some water retention in there. I know I sure do! And, 9 lbs is INCREDIBLE. Remember- the weight loss on the Biggest Loser is unrealistic! You should aim for slow, steady loss at a rate of about 2 lbs a week max!

if you were really gonna quit, you would have. BUT you logged on, and reached out. And THAT, Emily, is why you're already a success in my eyes!! KEEP 'ER GOIN!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #6  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I think being sore is one of the best things to feel in the morning, that way u know u pushed yourself the day before. Don't be so hard on yourself, you will reach your goals as long as u keep on going. I feel like I am not reaching a scale goal sometimes, then I try on an old pair of pants and see the difference. Be proud of what u have accomplished, not what u haven't!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 313/304/150

Height: 5'9

Gosh guys, THANK YOU! Before I wrote that today I wasn't up to doing my afternoon workout. Honestly.. thanks to all of your encouragement I just got through my workout.

I am so thankful for the people that want this just as much as I do.

Thank you! Thank you!!!
emilyherron91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I don't know if there is a "push" smiley on here, but there is a one!

I'm sorry you didn't hit your goal as quickly as you wanted to, but look at the progress you've made! You're doing a great job, and that's something to be proud of. Hang in there, and the weight will come off.

Last edited by penmage; 01-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Keep on keepin' on girlie!
You can do this!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
I don't know if there is a "push" smiley on here, but there is a one!
LMAO, I never saw the kickbutt one before!! I may be using that one much more often now, on myself I mean!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

You may be at your goal.You said your muscles are sore from working out,you probably have water retention.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote