Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/180

Height: 5'8''

Default Alone...

Sometimes it's REALLY hard being all alone. Sometimes I really wish I had family to turn to, being self reliant and independent can be great but right now I just want someone to take care of me. I'm sick, exhausted, over worked and under fed. Wah. Oh, and unreasonably irritable. Like I almost just broke my hand yelling at my cat irritable.

Really just wanted to say this to someone, I realize this might not be the best place, but I guess since I feel most others in this thread understand my weight struggles, maybe some would also be familiar with this...

melfitstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #2  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Boo. This is when it would be a good time to have some chicken soup in the freezer.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #3  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I know exactly how you feel. I'm naturally a loner but there are times that I genuinely wish I had someone to share this life with.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieBoom View Post
I know exactly how you feel. I'm naturally a loner but there are times that I genuinely wish I had someone to share this life with.
Thanks! I think I just wanted to scream virtually. It's nice to know there are others out there. It doesn't happen often that I crumble like that, I'm just so tired of being sick I think!

Feeling much better this morning, sleep is amazing. Still pretty blue though.

One more thanks for relating, I really needed it!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

The good news (this may be a stretch of finding that silver lining!) is that you're not alone as long as you can turn to this group. Never worry about sharing what you're feeling as those are the hardest times to stick with the plan. Hope that things start looking up for you soon and you feel better. When I'm sick, I still want my momma to rub my tummy and kiss my forehead.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

sorry you are having a tough time right now. Is there any chance you have
SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and are feeling blue due to limited sunlight?

Glad the sleep helped a little bit though!

April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #7  
Living Intuitively

April and I think you should move to Colorado. SO much sun here. 5-HTP at bedtime also helps take my blues away.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #8  

More support, I love it. This site has actually been immensely helpful already and I definitely plan to continue accessing you wonderful people. I wonder about that sunlight thing sometimes, I do live in Seattle

I think that just not having a physical support network wears on me sometimes. Many people don't understand. I have friends, just none that I felt I could call at 10 PM last night a total wreck and have them rush over to hug me. I probably know a couple people that would have, but they weren't the ones I wanted to see. (I'm an introvert, if that sounds rude you might be an extrovert because it's really not supposed to be, I promise!)

Another part of why being alone is so hard for me, and this would feel like over sharing except one of you told me to! Is that technically my family are all still out there for the most part, they've just abandoned me. So it's not just that I don't have anyone, it's that anyone I had doesn't want me or doesn't appreciate and let me be myself. This is of course very complicated and involves several of my own personal decisions, but it's still hard.

I guess at the end of the day I don't really want advice, I just want to know there are others out there like me who struggle because when I feel like I'm the only one it's sometimes hard to care and continue the struggle.

But aside from a good night's sleep, I have more good news this morning: I HAVE A SIGNATURE!! WOOT, ticker!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
April and I think you should move to Colorado. SO much sun here. 5-HTP at bedtime also helps take my blues away.
Ha, I've also heard Denver referred to as Menver, so I could potentially resolve a couple issues!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #10  
Living Intuitively

Oh, Mel- You certainly aren't the only one struggling. Somedays I feel like I totally suck at life. I can't seem to keep the house clean or overcome the mountain of laundry. I barely see my husband as he works nights (and my lack of relationship with MY body ensures he doesn't have a relationship with my body either.) I can't seem to maintain motivation at work. Oh- and don't ask me to make dinner and do the dishes.

And I want to bring children into this mix? Arg.

For me- A good multi-vitamin seriously makes a world of difference. All of a sudden I have energy- I'm only sleeping 8 hours a night. Yay!

For you- Have you checked out meetup.com before? You can build yourself a nice little community. Build yourself a family. This is a group I created for myself (and others)- http://www.meetup.com/ladies-of-the-front-range
It takes time- but I have found a lot of support through it.

Also- I'm insanely jealous of your ticker. At least I can post links now. :-/
Old 01-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #11  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Also- I'm insanely jealous of your ticker. At least I can post links now. :-/
Go to http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticke...r_designer.php and make you a ticker lunarsongbird
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #12  
Living Intuitively

I haven't been here long enough to post a ticker. I have an account with lilyslim.