Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #1  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Default Buying same brands?

Do you find yourself buying the same brands for foods over and over? Especially if you're a food logger? I do. Unless something is on sale and I compare the nutritional label and its exactly identical in calories/fats/carbs/protien/fiber. The only time I branch out is if I see several recommendations from people here, raving about product x. But, I gotta say, I love how easy it's made my logging.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

Omg, yes! It's not a problem with whole foods, but all the condiments, bready stuff, yogurts, so on and so forth... If I comparison shopped for everything I'd be in the grocery store forever.

On the other hand, it really throws me through a loop if I have to shop somewhere besides my normal grocery store, lol.
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #3  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

I mostly shop at Trader Joe's or the farmer's market, so most of my groceries are Trader Joe's brand or don't have a brand. When I'm shopping at Schnuck's, I get the same few brands every time.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Tracking is a little more challenging for me- I'm trying to avoid packaged food entirely, at least for now.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I get so little packaged stuff, but what I do get, I researched and there's a REASON I get it - like Atkins high protein, 2 and 3 net gram protein bars. And Muscle Milk chocolate whey protein powder.

I buy organic milk from one store as it's the only store that sells organic milk in gallons. I make my own yogurt, breads (for the family - I don't eat it) . So, I'm easy.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I definitely buy the same brands over and over
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #7  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Unfortunately, I live in the extreme sticks. Our shopping options are WalMart and local side of the road farmers. I get most of my produce from them and the occassional foray an hour away into the Farmers Market, but its just not feasible to go every week. I stay away from prepackaged box meals, but I do buy brown rice, whole wheat pastas, beans in packages. I'm ok with that. I've no interest in learning to make my own or ordering it online.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #8  
Come on, skinny love

S/C/G: 290/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I buy the same things over and over and over again, because I do a lot better without a ton of variety. Sometimes I think eating is like a drug addiction for me. If I was a heroin addict and wanted to stop, I'd quit cold turkey... unfortunately I can't just stop eating so I've found that stopping the "getting high" part of eating, it's much easier to deal with. So, I have the same breakfast every morning... the same snacks morning and afternoon, and I rotate about 5 different suppers. It works for me. Maybe someday when I have a healthier relationship with food, I'll be able to introduce more variety.
Veneficae is offline   Reply With Quote