Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #1  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Default 3 month blues???

I'm about 3 months into my diet and yesterday as well as today I've just felt "blah" about. Like the newness and novelty has worn off.
Is this common? Has anyone experienced the "3 month blues"???
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #2  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Try something different. Look up some new recipes for meals you could make. Experiment on your own. While the consistency is good, it won't be good if you start slacking on your diet.
When I tried to give up grains, I realized that I wouldn't really come to enjoy this diet a lot, because I like a lot of grain-y stuff. Remember that you're wanting to make changes to your lifestyle, not just losing weight. If it's gonna be blah now, it'll become blah later, and you'll stop following it. Maybe you should alter your diet, or choose a new one altogether.
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #3  
HW:232/SW:165

S/C/G: 215/211/165

Height: 5'6

Yeah I feel the same too (I started a couple of weeks before you), especially as the scale is moving extremely slowing, if at all, even though im exercising and keeping within calories -_-

But just don't give up. As cliche as it is, whether you carry on or not, the time is still going to pass and wouldn't you rather weigh less another 3 months from now rather than throw away your progress and maybe even put it all back on?

You've done brilliant so far, keep going! Maybe make a few mini goals (if you haven't already) to work towards? Maybe hitting onederland? You're really close! Just take one day at a time and you'll get there.

Good luck!
kymb92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #4  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I got this way about two months in (and there's a thread on my latest "blah" period a little further down). It was a lot of work, I felt like I was missing out, I was tired, and I'd hit a stall. So the last week of October, I stopped monitoring my carbs and just worked to stay in my calorie level. I kept drinking water, but had an occasional soda. I swam a little less. Basically I took a break for a week.

I gained a little water weight. But it was enough of a break, and I realized how much better I felt on plan, so I got back into the game. If you're not comfortable "quitting" for a while, and I totally get why that would be an issue for a lot of people, maybe just tweak your plan or add a new workout you're excited about.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #5  

Awww, Mozzy!!

3 months in and 26lbs down is a long time and a lot of work, of course you might have a case of the blahs!

But don't lose focus, you are on a mission and winning the battle!

Keep your eye on the prize and keep on trucking! It will be worth it in the end, I am sure of it!

Like I told radiojane in her thread, some days I wake up and remember I am on a diet. Sometimes the mere thought of it is just enough to make me pull the covers back up over my head as I don't want to deal with it eating, exercising, drinking water, etc. But then....I put on my new smaller pants, dance around and thank God for helping me! {I don't mean to put a religious spin, just saying what I do. }

Of course I make it sound easier than it is, but then I log on here and see all of you and that makes me want to keep on going too!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Oh yeah, very common. I've been at this for 2 full years now and I've lost "motivation" many times. Eating new foods, trying new recipes and trying new classes at the gym (or new activities at home) has definitely helped.

Honestly, my gung-ho motivation ended around month 5 of my journey, when I took my first major vacation...whew! I gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks, but I just picked up where I'd left off when I got home. I kept beating myself up because I'd always gain weight on vacations, business trips and during holidays and then I realized...that happens to a lot of people, even the "normal weight" people.

When I'm really in that "I don't care anymore" mood, which strikes on a normal basis; I will try new things but I also sometimes stop trying to lose weight and instead focus on maintaining my weight. It's not easy when you know you still have more to lose, but it helped me learn a lot about myself. I realized that it wasn't very difficult to maintain - I wasn't always following my eating plan (I do WW online), but as long as I continued working out 3-4 days per week and I didn't have super crazy binges every day, I would maintain. Some weeks, I'd go up a pound or 2, but at least it taught me what I could and couldn't do.

Anyway, the key, of course, is not to give up totally. Even when I concentrated on maintenance, I still didn't go back to my "old" ways of eating and I never stopped working out. Some weeks I was so mentally/emotionally frazzled that I would only concentrate on sticking to my WW plan and my workout plan, but not weighing myself - I did that so I'd make my goal more about living healthfully, rather than trying to lose weight.

I dunno. There's really no sure-fire way, but I'd definitely try and switch things up a bit. Looking at my old "fat" photos or going into a department store and trying new clothes on (in much smaller sizes) was also helpful for a quick boost!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Even doing something fun for three months would get boring, let alone doing something that requires as much constant attention as changing your diet and exercise habits.

This is where determination has to take over for motivation. Motivation is never dependable but you can control your level of determination.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post

This is where determination has to take over for motivation. Motivation is never dependable but you can control your level of determination.
Well said!!! LIKE LIKE LIKE!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Thanks y'all! I appreciate the advice!
I'm gonna look into maybe trying something new or shaking things up a little.

Thanks again!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #10  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Focus on all you've accomplished! I applaud you! Keep going!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Diet fatigue is a very common problem. Personally, I would diet for a couple months, then take a couple weeks off.

Taking a couple weeks off means to practice maintinence - not to return to the prior way of eating.

Regardless - if you're tired of what you're doing - it's probably not something you can keep up forever - so mixing it up and trying some new things is probably a good idea.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

agh, I don't look forward to this day for me!!!!! I hate feeling like that!
Nocturnica is offline   Reply With Quote