View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Hallelujah Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Did I give you gals my recipe for Jicama ~ Orange salad which is yummy? Here it is and if I did give it to you before you can just ignore it this round.

JICAMA ~ ORANGE SALAD
Whisk together:
¼ cup Vinegar
½ tsp. sugar (I use Splenda®)
¼ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. canola oil
Add & toss gently to coat:
1 peeled julienne cut jicama
1 julienne cut red bell pepper
1 red onion thinly sliced
2 navel oranges, peeled & sliced in rounds
Refrigerate for 2 hours
Serves 4: 1 Points+ per serving

I made a batch of it yesterday and it was so delicious with some of the stew I cooked. I also have a “Jicama ~ Watermelon Salad” recipe that is yummy when the melon is in season. The store here that we find the Jicama is Wal*Mart. I also like to eat it just by itself for I like the taste and the crunch.

The temps today will be a bit higher in the 50º area and we are ready for warmer weather. This cold weather dries out my nose something fierce. I sure don’t dawdle when getting dressed after my morning shower. Burrr. Will likes the heat set lower than I do so I wear a sweater when he is in just his shirt sleeves. I have this neat sweatshirt type material, but heavier, jacket that I keep handy to throw on when I get chilled just before the heater comes on. I think losing weight has made me more chilled because I used to be warmer all the time.

I am getting lots of junk mail telling me my credit rating has gone way up. I never knew it was way down to have to go up anyway. Folks are trying their best to get us to buy stuff and since prices are up they want people to charge things. I refuse to charge anything. If I don’t have the money to buy something I wait till I do if it is something I “must” have. I use my e-mail blocker a lot for those kinds of e-mails. They just pop out of the wood work it seems ~ new ones every day.

I think for dinner we will have a re-run of last nights fare. It was so good we will enjoy it once again. I may make some little biscuits to go with the stew tonight.

Will just called and said he is going to look for a TV that we can watch movies on. Not one nearly as large as we had though. We are not getting it hooked up to “use as a TV” for sure but it will be a bit bigger than our computers to watch the movies on. Our home theater so to speak.

SUSAN I agree with you for this 360 WW program is wonderful. Fits the person better and gives a fresh look at losing weight the healthy way. I love the fact that they want us to have lots of fruits and veggies for that is right down my alley. Sounds like you are having a good time with your quilting friends. That flu has really taken a toll of folks across this country. I bet you will find you will like eating with chopsticks. Fast eaters would surely slow down if they learned to use them. Don't ya think?

DONNA FAYE and JEAN Hope all is well with you this wonderful day.

Have a great day Magnolias ~ Type at y'all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote