General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #1  
Finding my own strength!

S/C/G: 219/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Would like to find a buddy for support!!

Hi guys, I have recently just joined this site and would love to find someone(s) to help keep me in check. I have about 60lbs to lose and last night I got mad. Mad at the fact that as strong and as determined a person that I am, I've let myself get to this point. I'm done! And I want someone(s) to be done with me. I have a long battle ahead of me and I have a great support system at home...but I need someone(s) who has struggled and will keep me as well as themselves in the fight. I'm not the Molly-Homemaker type; I'm honest but sincere and would love the same in return. I don't know how things work on this board yet but I'm fearless and not afraid to try. Will you help me??

oddberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #2  

Good luck to you I read a lot of posts (don't blog myself, can't seem to figure it out LOL! You'll find a lot of info on this site.
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

I'll be your buddy oddberry - I could use a weight loss buddy too!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #4  
Finding my own strength!

Lol, thanks @nomorejellybeans...they're a weakness for me too!!

And YaY!!! You've been added to the buddy list and now...to figure out how to contact you directly

I'm so excited!!! My plan is...to cut back on portions, drink tons of water, and get my daily 30 minute exercise in to begin with. What do you think?? Did I mention I'm excited!!!???
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Have you thought about what you're eating every day to make sure you're getting enough lean protein, fruits, veggies, etc? If I do smaller portions but still have certain foods, especially high/refined carbs, they lead to cravings and bringes. Good, healthy foods can really help you feel full longer, especially with increased water intake. What you eat is just as important as how much.

Many people like to count calories which is what I do.

Best of luck!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #6  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

I'll be your buddy! We seem to be in a fairly similar situation

I'd love to have someone to check in with to keep me on track, and talk to about all the things other people just don't understand about the weight loss journey!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #7  
Finding my own strength!

@XLMuffinTop I am definitely taking WHAT I'm eating into consideration. I have done a lot of research and continue to educate myself because as a college student, I know you can never know too much. I appreciate the support and can't wait to become a healthier me!

@purplekitten7, you got it! And you're right, there are just some days and somethings other people just don't understand. Each person is different and it's tough to find people that relate to your story. Yes everyone has their own battles but some people deal with things easier and some tougher. I myself deal with things, well, differently! :0) We do have a lot in common it seems and having someone to share the burdens with and share in support is very important. At least for me. I made my mind up to make changes on Sunday. My 14th wedding anniversary was on Monday. My husband is very supportive and loves me unconditionally but he knows I want to do this and I HAVE to do this. My boys are 7 and 13 and I'm only 32. I was upset with myself for letting my body get to this point but now, I'm determined to change it. That's it. Done with it. Determined is where I am now. Would love to be your rock and vice versa in this battle. You in?? :0)
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #8  
is stronger than this

I'm most definitely in!

My fiance is trying to be supportive, and I love the fact he tells me he still thinks I'm gorgeous/doesn't mind what I weigh but it's not terribly motivating to lose weight! I've told him he needs to kick my butt and make sure I don't slack off but I suspect he doesn't have it in him to give me "tough love" haha
Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #9  
Finding my own strength!

Lol, well thankfully my husband does! But I also have the mentality of a marine...I almost joined out of high school! My husband asked me what my goal weight was and I told him 150...his exact words were 'OMG, that means you're going to lose your butt??!!' Now keep in mind we've been married for 14 years and this man loves me to no end...so this was a compliment but I let him know that would mean he would just have to hold on tighter this time. He was ok with that. :0)
Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #10  
is stronger than this

I think my fella has realised this time is different to all the other times I've tried (and failed) to lose weight, I need to do it for me and so he's trying harder to be supportive. I think it all boils down to the fact he doesn't understand what its like. He's skinny, he's always been skinny - in fact he had to put on 2 stone while we've been together because he looked really really ill he was so skinny when we met (he'd just spent 3 years at uni on his own and apparently can't look after himself!), and he had to fight to put on each lb - seems to be the complete opposite of me!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #11  
Finding my own strength!

Well of course, he's a man and men are made differently. Don't stress over it. He loves you and that's the important thing. I am so glad we found each other. We seem to have a lot in common. My husband isn't skinny but he's very supportive and loves me deeply.

I really wish I was disciplined enough to count calories but I have SO much going on I honestly don't have time to record every little thing so I'm trying to behave and cut back on portions as well as getting my workouts in first thing in the morning. I can't wait to find out what the scales and measurements say on Sunday!! I wonder if there is a way we can communicate outside of this forum? Private message thing or something connected to this maybe? I don't know...I'm still new and learning. What do you think??
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #12  
is stronger than this

I'm also new and don't really know how this forum works! I think I've added you to my buddy list so i *think* I could PM you, I'll give it a go!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #13  
Finding my own strength!

lol, works for me...let me know what you figure out!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #14  
is stronger than this

Ah, seems to be saying I don't have the privileges to PM anyone yet!

My official weigh in day is a Monday, but I'm picking up a new set of scales tonight (I'm paranoid my current ones aren't accurate - they're very very old) but I tend to hop on most days just to get an idea how its going! What exercise are you doing?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #15  
Finding my own strength!

I have the Wii board that I use to weigh myself but I'm thinking I might start measuring over weighing. The scales usually just p*** me off. As far as working out...I just get up, turn my music on and go to town. It depends on how I'm feeling that morning honestly. This morning I did 30 minutes of hardcore cardio. It was nice and I felt like I had actually accomplished something afterwards. I miss that feeling. I'm up at 5am every morning and that's me time because if I dont' get it in then...I won't get it in at all. Kids, work, husband, and school work take over my life. I also LOVE kickboxing and lifting weights but I gotta get some of this fat off first before I get into that stuff hardcore. I think as long as I'm moving and watching what I eat, I should be able to stick to it. Naturally changing versus drastic changes seem to work better for me.

What about you??