View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Chilly Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Did I tell you awhile back that I had made an order from the King Arthur® Flour catalogue of some “Mini Measuring Beakers” by OXO and some “Lemon, Lime & Orange Juice Powders.” Well, they all arrived and those little measure beakers are a trip. There are 4 of them and the smallest beaker is 1 teaspoon then the others are 1Tablespoon, 1 Ounce, and 2 Ounce. They are all the same height but the larger they get the bigger around they are. I will keep them on the shelf below the window above my kitchen sink ~ they are so cute. The different juice powders will be used in different things I cook and bake. They are great to have on hand when one is out of the fresh citrus fruit when a recipe calls for some juice. They also have a pineapple powder that I am toying with the idea of ordering. These concentrated juice powders boost all baked foods, glazes, fillings and frostings. They deliciously intensify and brighten marinades, spice rubs, corn on the cob, Mexican foods, and beverages, too. They are a definite addition and welcome to my kitchen arsenal.

I was up earlier than usual again and it may be the way things will be from here on in. This all started when we ditched the TV. We both get better rest now. Interesting. From the looks of our yard we got a skiff of snow during the night. It is currently 19º and not said to get above 25º this day.

Today I will make that stew because Will wanted to eat elsewhere and use a coupon that we got at Christmas at Applebee’s. I certainly didn’t mind for I made good choices. I used my capture thingy and now have that chicken that is at the bottom my post showing I am half way there as a book mark. I am quite happy to be half way there and am looking forward to being on down the road. I showed a 1.2 loss last evening.

JEAN O you are having lovely weather. I am sitting here shivering and you are frolicking about in the sunshine. I know you are having a lovely time of it. Stay safe. When do you plan on being back home?

DONNA FAYE WW has improved their frozen entrees quite a lot. LQ makes some tasty ones and so do Schwan’s®. I like to put tuna in the mac and cheese ones also. That one that has broccoli in it especially. I eat all those packaged meals in a bamboo bowl with my chopsticks. Weight Watchers is pushing chewing every bite and swallowing it before taking another bite and I certainly do that when using my chopsticks ~ works for me. However, I have always been a slow eater ~ even as a child. I think back then it may have been an attention seeker move on my part. I like to put the points+ value on the containers before putting them in the fridge or the cupboard. The lesson at last evenings WW meeting was how to arrange the food in our fridge so it is plan friendly. Made sense to me and I think I will re-arrange my fridge contents today. I haven't noticed that the price has gone up that much. When one goes to WW meetings then the web site is included and not a separate price. The ActiveLink does cost a little and is added into the WW price that is taken out of the bank account. If you are able to lose weight without a meeting or doing it on line then go for it for you do have Jack as your partner in losing weight. I am one of those type folks that need the meetings. I am able to quit for awhile and maintain but it is hard and I have to get back to the meetings before I start gaining it back. Since I have reached the half way point I am more determined then ever to keep losing and get to goal. I imagine that I will continue to attend the meetings after I do reach goal ~ If I maintain the meetings will be free then.

Have a great day Magnolias

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote