Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #1  

Default Intro - ChicagoPhil

Hi everyone,
My name Phil and I hail from Chicago. A friend whom I haven't seen in a while followed the IP protocol and had tremendous results. Ever since meeting him for lunch, I could not stop thinking about what it would be like to lose the weight that has been keeping me down. I've got a tremendous support system and look forward to walking this journey, a journey that so many people here have already been on. Life is stressful, but it will be less stressful when can manage my weight, self image, and food control. I used to have hours and hours to commit to the gym, that was an Idea that is far passed now. As a working dad, husband and father of 2 I have no time to spend on myself. We have a giant house to manage and now - expecting a 3rd, I am going to have to pick up where my wife leaves off at the end of the day.

It is nice to be in good company.

Keep up the great work everyone. Your transformations and supportive posts will keep this community in motion, positivity goes a long way.
ChicagoPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #2  

Welcome! This is a very supportive group.
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

welcome....you have a great attitude and i look forward to seeing your journey!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #4  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! I can really relate with this sentiment:
Quote:
Life is stressful, but it will be less stressful when can manage my weight, self image, and food control.
By Thanksgiving of last year, I was feeling really overwhelmed with everything, from some major stresses at work, to the normal holiday crazies, and an impending move this year to another state. Having been on IP for just about a month and a half now, I'm already seeing the benefits in terms of how I feel - and how I feel about myself.

This is a great program and the results are there for the taking as long as you stick to the program. (And thankfully sticking to it is a whole lot easier with IP than with anything else I've tried in years!)
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! It's amazing how well this program works. You'll do great.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil View Post
Hi everyone,
My name Phil and I hail from Chicago. A friend whom I haven't seen in a while followed the IP protocol and had tremendous results. Ever since meeting him for lunch, I could not stop thinking about what it would be like to lose the weight that has been keeping me down. I've got a tremendous support system and look forward to walking this journey, a journey that so many people here have already been on. Life is stressful, but it will be less stressful when can manage my weight, self image, and food control. I used to have hours and hours to commit to the gym, that was an Idea that is far passed now. As a working dad, husband and father of 2 I have no time to spend on myself. We have a giant house to manage and now - expecting a 3rd, I am going to have to pick up where my wife leaves off at the end of the day.

It is nice to be in good company.

Keep up the great work everyone. Your transformations and supportive posts will keep this community in motion, positivity goes a long way.
Hey ChicagoPhil and welcome! Not sure if you have seen or not, but there is a Men on IP thread...come on over and join in!!! Here is a link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...p-vol-3-a.html

c u there!
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! You are in the right place. This protocol can do amazing things if you let it There's a men on IP thread you should check out too! That's not to say, you can't post here, just wanted you to know it's there
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #8  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Welcome Phil!!! I am a newbie as well. Today is day 1 of a lifestyle change for the better! I think this place will be a great addition to your already supportive system!! Good Luck on this awesome journey

Kat
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #9  

Hey Phil, welcome! this program has made a huge difference in my life. Hope it will for you too

Last edited by maezy1; 01-14-2013 at 06:36 PM.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome Phil! The first week is the hardest, it's much easier after that. I just finished my second week and am surprised by how well I've been doing!
Good luck to you.
PamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Phil,

IP is tough the first week (like every other diet) and gets easier each successive week. Most of us have found this website to an enormous source of support and valuable information.

Looking forward to your success!
Chloe
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 304/249/170

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Phil....are you using a coach, or doing your own thing? My wife and I started out with alternative products right away because her sister-in-law went through the program with a coach and since then has learned all about alternatives via this site. It is a remarkable source of info.
mpstaton is offline   Reply With Quote