View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #101
Intotouch

I have a gorgeous new mince/ bolognese recipe that I'd like to share. Nutritionally it's almost a complete meal, full of vitamins, protein and fiber and tastes delicious! I love it and I hope you will too.

This is the recipe for one large batch. I make enough for 6 days and freeze half of it. I add enough potatoes to a portion to bring it up to just under 400kcal. It's fairly quick to cook, 20 to 30 minutes, but the prep takes about the same length of time for a large batch. This makes 6 portions of 210 kcal or 4 or 311kcal. Peas also are great in this.

150g onion, 390g pasata or chopped tomatoes, 700g mince, 300g chopped courgette, 200g chopped carrots.

1. Fry the onions and leave to one side (I use low cal spray oil, 15 sprays on the pan)
2. Brown the mince in a pan, stirring frequently on a high heat.
3. Once the meat is browned add the pasata, onion and carrots and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the courgette and allow to simmer for another 10 minutes. Add some water whenever the liquid looks low.

This makes a total of 1289kcal for the batch, including the spray oil.
214kcal for a sixth and 322kcal for a quarter.

I steam potatoes to eat with this and then pour the sauce on top to eat. 235g potatoes gives me a 155kcal portion so this comes in a total of 370kcal for the meal.
Intotouch is offline   Reply With Quote