View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
meandu

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Default I would love recipes for some of your green smoothies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjorieMargarine View Post
So weird- I've just started with green smoothies after watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." I actually posted about it in the calorie counters forum on here but didn't get much as far as responses. I did some googling, and I think for me, the juicing isn't the way to go, just because I still don't understand why it would be less beneficial for me to drink the fiber/pulp, too.

The last three days, I've been making green smoothies for breakfast and lunch and then eating dinner with my husband (he's low-carb, and he does eat meat, so do I). I've lost almost 5 lbs.

I like the smoothies because I didn't have to buy a juicer and they do keep you full for a long time. I've made several really delicious ones (would love to share recipes if anyone wants). Also, I never thought I had GI issues before, but since I've been doing this, my stomach feels different- like, actually good. I think maybe I just hadn't noticed how uncomfortable I was before!
I like smoothies as well, although I usually have them at breakfast. This is only because I do not have any recipes for any green smoothies that might be good for lunches. I would love to have some of your green smoothies recipes if you are willing to share them.