Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #1  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Question So how long did your plateau last?

There's been a bunch of threads on plateaus, and some really great advise to get people through it. I hit a plateau this past fall and basically lost all motivation and couldn't stay on program 100% to get through it. Well I'm back now, and am anticipating I'll probably hit that same plateau.

So, for those of you who have hit a plateau, how long did the plateau last until you started to lose weight again?

I'm hoping if I have a more realistic view of how long the plateau will last I will be able to push through it this time! Thanks!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

I recall a bad 2 week "stall" where every 4-5 weeks, I would lose 0 lbs/0 inches on program and the following week would be like down 0.2 or 0.4 lbs and 0 inches...it was so frustrating because I never cheated. It was just my body readjusting. I think it helps to change your foods/veggies. I was eating the same things too much and realize that my body got used to it. Our bodies are very efficient at surviving and if it knows what to expect, it will slow down the weight loss and try to maintain. We have to get creative during stalls and find ways to get the body back into ketosis/fat burning from our reserves.

I'm much more prepared for the diet this time around and fully anticipating the stall in 4-5 weeks.

So, I think when a stall hits-change your food around and try different veggies, increase walking/water. Maybe ask your coach for ideas as well as the thread

Last edited by WorldTraveleronIP; 01-12-2013 at 08:44 AM.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #3  

There is a boot camp that is recommended at my clinic when a stall is starting to get to you. It seems to throw people back into the loss category again. Just remember everyone stalls. Everyone defines their stall differently by what we can tolerate but the program works when you stick with it. Wuv has lost over 200 lbs and she had a number of stalls. Halfagain looks amazing and made it through her stalls. They have taught me to trust the program and they are right.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/217/170

Height: 5'0

I remember after my first two months I would only lose one to two pounds at WI a month. I would maintain - maintain - Lose.5 - Lose 3.5. It was very frustrating to only lose 4lbs a month and almost all in one week but i was consistent with it. I read other people with the same issue. They called it a once a month woosh. I have a lot of weird health issues that sort of added to the slowness but i also got discouraged and started cheating in small ways. Like a little cheese on my salad. Big mistake. My weight loss stopped when i did that. This time I am trying to stay committed to the end no matter how long it takes - or transition to my paleo allergy diet for maintenance until i get another round of motivation.

Last edited by Liddybean; 01-12-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Liddybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

I have been OP since mid-October. Since Christmas, I have been on an extended plateau. I did start exercising 3 weeks ago, but I have added an extra packet and increased my water. I have finally started losing again. I did not panic because this forum has given me so much confidence to "trust the process". I do my best not to worry or give up because I have never before been able to lose weight this easily.
gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

you may stall for a week or two, but a true plateau (according to diet experts) isn't until you have stayed the same for 6 weeks! frustrating -yes, but it happens, esp. when you approach your goal weight. Just hang in there and believe
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Just because you have some no loss weeks doesn't mean you are stalling. I recently had two weeks in a row with zero pounds lost on the scale, but I wouldn't call it a stall or plateau because I could tell my clothes were fitting better and my body was just adjusting. If I take the total of my last five weigh ins (14.4) and average it out I am at almost 3 pounds per week, yet I had two weeks with zero losses. You just have to trust the protocol and remember that there is no rhyme or reason to the loss pattern. And stressing about it only makes it worse.

Good luck on your restart!
LosingLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
I have been OP since mid-October. Since Christmas, I have been on an extended plateau. I did start exercising 3 weeks ago, but I have added an extra packet and increased my water. I have finally started losing again. I did not panic because this forum has given me so much confidence to "trust the process". I do my best not to worry or give up because I have never before been able to lose weight this easily.
That's the right attitude, especially for someone so close to goal!
LosingLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #9  

I went 5 weeks without losing any weight but in that time I lost 14 inches!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #10  

A TRUE plateau would be no loss of weight OR inches.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote