View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #118
Julia150

S/C/G: 210/192.8/155

Height: 5'2"

Dear Coaches,

I'm new at 3FC and looking for a place to call home. BillBE seems to ask new people how and why they got here, so I'll beat him to the punch. I used a weight loss plan 5 years ago that had an active message board. I'm here to tell you that the support system kept me 100% on plan for 30 weeks and a loss of 70 pounds. Maintenance you ask? Well obviously I skipped that part as I regained 60 pounds. During that time, I learned about the Beck Diet Solution. I started it (wasn't consistent) but I'm a firm believer in CBT. When I was browsing 3FC, I ran across this section. I read about 3FC years ago and seeing it's so active and knowing the support helps so much, here I am.
I have had a lifelong issue with weight. As an adult, my weight has fluctuated between 105 and 221.5 (highest ever). Before children I sat unhappily between 130-135 pounds. Now, I'd give my spleen to weight 130 and be happy about it! After children range from 150-221.
Even though Dr. Beck doesn't recommend (or forbid) starting weight loss for 2 weeks, I've started a prepackaged food weight loss system. It's the one with a center you go to weekly. I like the "counselor" I have. Right now with lots of stressors involved, I'm not in the frame of mind to meal plan. I don't even want to think about it for awhile. My counselor has already provided me with the tools for planning a 1200 cal/day regime so when I feel ready, I'll be doing a few days/week of my meal planning.
I look forward to getting to know you all.
Julia

Last edited by Julia150 : 01-12-2013 at 02:43 PM.