View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
GinnyCarinhas

S/C/G: 313/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I use this to find how many daily points I get, it gives me 31

Below are the general guidelines for the original points allowance based on the variables.

8 points for men
2 points for women

Women who are solely nursing add another 10 pts
Women who are supplementing breastfeeding with some solid foods and/or formula add another 5 pts

4 points for ages 17 - 26 years old
3 points for ages 27 - 37 years old
2 points for ages 38 - 47 years old
1 point for ages 48 - 58 years old
0 points if over 58 years old

Height

0 points if under 5'1"
1 point for 5'1" - 5'10"
2 points if over 5'10"

Activity

0 points if you spend most of the day sitting
2 points if you spend most of the day standing
4 points if you are walking most of the time
6 points if you are doing hard, physical labor

Weight
Add 10% of your weight (in pounds). You can simplify this by just taking the first 2 digits of your weight and add to the points allowance.

Total
Total up all the above items to determine your daily allowance. For example, a 35 year old female, weighing 172 pounds that is 5'4" tall and spends her day sitting at a desk would have the following points allowance;

Gender - 2 pts;
Age - 3 pts;
Height - 1 pt;
Activity - 0 pts;
Weight - 17 pts.

This would give her a total of 23 points for her daily allowance. Keep in mind that there is a minimum of 18 pts and max of 44 points on Weight Watchers original system.

This means a person cannot be below or above the minimum. So if your totals fall outside the range, then set your points allowance the the min or max (whichever applies).

In addition to these daily points, donít forget to work in your flex points. Each person receives 35 weekly points allowance to use as they need or want.

In order to lose weight with the Weight Watchers points system you need to stay within your allowable points for the day and the week.

I think this is the way to find your daily target. I don't think the FLEXPOINT plan gave a range of points, am I right?
GinnyCarinhas is offline   Reply With Quote