Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun, Jan 12-13, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+pF to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-12-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #2  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, everyone!! We've got a busy day here, starting to clean out the storage room of 18 years plus worth of "stuff" in preparation for moving in the latter part of this year. So far this seems to be a year of getting my house in order, literally and figuratively!

I think I'm also going to start adding back in some exercise into my daily routine. Although I'm steadily losing weight, I feel like I need to start doing some core strengthening exercises and walking. The weather is very mild (especially for mid-January!) so it will be a good time to get outside. Before IP, I had been riding my bike for at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week. Now that I've been back home and not diving for over a week, I'm missing being more active.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited by bubbleblower; 01-12-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

After all my pre-preparation, I'm finally re-starting IP tomorrow morning. I have my meals planned out, my groceries purchased...just waiting for my Walden Farms delivery, but that isn't essential to starting. It is super cold here today (single digits), so outdoor activities are iffy. I wish everyone a great weekend on program!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

I'm going to a party tonight, where there will be all kinds of things I would normally look forward to, cheeses, quiche, pate, chocolate....I mean, really everything you are not supposed to have, and I'm honestly not even tempted. I'm going to bring a bag of cauliflower to munch on and I'll be fine. I'm also going to eat my dinner right before I go and will have a nice steak and veggies, so I'll be happy and full and will ignore the bad stuff all around me!

Tomorrow will be a real test as I'm going to movies, to see Les Mis and I probably love popcorn more than almost anything...sometimes I would even go to the movies just because I was craving the popcorn. But, I'm planning ahead, and will bring a bag of the dill pickle snacks. I haven't tried them yet, but love salty, savory things and will just ignore the popcorn.

Was also hit with TOM today, it always catches me off guard for some reason, didn't expect it so soon. I am feeling a little bloated today, and am hoping this won't derail my weigh in on Tuesday too much. My home scale says I'm down a few pounds so hopefully will be ok.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

PamC - Sounds like a great plan! You've got it! I hate TOM. I find I really have to watch myself during that time. I tend to have my weakest moments then.

World TravelerOnIP - You can do it! The first week is rough, so hang in there. Get through the first week and the rest is smooth sailing!

Hubby heads to Germany this week. He hasn't had to travel for a while, so hopefully it won't be too painful for the kids and me I'm feeling much better, FINALLY over the death-flu. Found out there's a wedding in February we need to attend.....and I have nothing to wear.....EEEEKKKK!!!!!! But at the same time, I'm excited because I've lost a bunch of weight and don't have to worry about trying to "loose a few" before then I might actually be within 10 lbs of my goal weight by then. That will be SO AWESOME! Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, IPeeps! I'm up way too early for me (6 am) for the new bodypump class that starts at 6:45am at my gym. I'm planning on going to the movies tonight too. I'll probably bring a bar or the chocolate soy snacks. I've been to a lot of movies lately so I've gotten used to the popcorn smell and ignoring it. Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #7  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Sounds like we are all starting off the morning right! Did an 11-mile run at 6:00am, enjoying a spinach smoothie and car shopping this afternoon. Its kind of a gray day today, so no park with my son - but he will have fun when my in-laws babysit while we look at new cars. We are also babysitting for friends tonight and their little girl is my sons age, so I am sure that will be a fun "date" for them.

Bubbleblower-I did light exercise in P1, walking and weightlifting. Just listen to your body and fuel up!

Worldtraveler-congrats on the reboot! Sounds like you are all set up for success.

Pamc-also sounds like you have planned ahead too. That is sooooo key, not just for P1, but for life.

Sahmommy-Have fun picking out a wedding outfit! And I am sure you are happy to have a germ free house!

LosingLawyer-I hear you on the early morning workouts, a little "unnatural" on the weekends, but really feels great to knock it out first thing!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #8  

PamC: you might want to consider taking a restricted munchy packet to the party, in addition to your veggies. I also take seltzer water and Mio. It helps me thru all those people drinking!

sahmmommy A wedding you don't have to lose weight for! How great is that? I'll have one in May. Its all part of the process for me (I won't be at goal yet) & I'll be looking forward to the new outfit I'll "get" to buy!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #9  
SEXYBYTHESUMMERTIME

S/C/G: 271/244/170

Height: 5'6

Default Wi

IM kinda sad today and happy. my 2nd WI and im up .7pds ...I lost 6.6 the 1st week. I did lose 1.5 off my belly. only change i made was switching to lean shakes for one of my protien. now my hubby who switched too still lost 5.pds. The 2nd week I wanted to lose big.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 342/298/185

Height: 5'11"

Well I was hoping to start IP today but my food won't be in until Monday! not happy about that but trying to get physced up about starting a better lifestyle! I have been researching recipes I want to try and putting them in my IP binder I'm starting! I am still soooo nervous! I scared about saying no to temptation I can't afford to waste this kind of money just so I can have something I don't need anyways! I am also really scared I won't be able to handle the food! Trying to put my worries to rest but I'm so ready to lose weight I am too young to be this fat! Ready to be skinny!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by speterson View Post
IM kinda sad today and happy. my 2nd WI and im up .7pds ...I lost 6.6 the 1st week. I did lose 1.5 off my belly. only change i made was switching to lean shakes for one of my protein. now my hubby who switched too still lost 5.pds. The 2nd week I wanted to lose big.
I'm not sure what a "lean" shake is. Is that the brand?

You have to be VERY careful that any substitutions match the IP products very closely. I've stuck pretty closely with mostly IP. My losses have been pretty consistent. There are several threads regarding good alternative choices here on the forum. Just search for "alternatives".

You also have to look at how closely you followed the protocol. Slight deviations can cause big differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylae24 View Post
Well I was hoping to start IP today but my food won't be in until Monday! not happy about that but trying to get physced up about starting a better lifestyle! I have been researching recipes I want to try and putting them in my IP binder I'm starting! I am still soooo nervous! I scared about saying no to temptation I can't afford to waste this kind of money just so I can have something I don't need anyways! I am also really scared I won't be able to handle the food! Trying to put my worries to rest but I'm so ready to lose weight I am too young to be this fat! Ready to be skinny!
You could go to GNC and get some Syntrax nectar to "tide you over" until Monday (or Target for some EAS Carb Advantage ready-to-drink) and get started today!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-12-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 283/268/150

Height: 5'6

Default Sweetener question

Does anyone have any experience with issues using Splenda? I know it's allowed but Stevia is perferred. I prefer the taste of Splenda but would try to switch if it is better for IP. Has anyone noticed that Splenda affected their weightloss? What is the reason for choosing one over the other?

Thanks!! So glad I have this forum to ask questions and for the inspiration.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #13  

Good morning from COLD Saskatchewan! It's -40 C here this morning. Guess no outside activities for the kids today! Maybe a trip to our indoor pool! Or a movie.

Scale is moving again and I'm almost down to my ticker weight from my Christmas break. Oh, did I mention that I LOVE KETOSIS???? What a difference a week makes!!! Last week I was so cranky I could hardly stand myself. Don't know how the DH and kids managed my awful crankiness! Alas, it's onto a better week!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetShe View Post
Does anyone have any experience with issues using Splenda? I know it's allowed but Stevia is perferred. I prefer the taste of Splenda but would try to switch if it is better for IP. Has anyone noticed that Splenda affected their weightloss? What is the reason for choosing one over the other?

Thanks!! So glad I have this forum to ask questions and for the inspiration.
The filler in powdered splenda (also powdered stevia!) is maltodextrin, which is a carbohydrate, so it adds to our daily carb counts
If you can find liquid spenda (sucralose), it would be less of an issue and would be 0/0/0, like liquid stevia

There is also quite a bit of research demonstrating that artificial sweeteners keep the body craving sweets and may also cause insulin spikes.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-12-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Speterson,
I understand your disappointment. Our bodies give up the weight when they're ready and its possible your whoosh will come tomorrow or the next day or later, but know the weight will come off. Focus on the long term and you'll feel better.
Closed Thread