South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekend Beach Chat 1/12 & 1/13

Good morning I wish Paul was with me, but I am quite fond of Foldgers 1/2 caf.

Quiet night, early to bed early to rise. Going to Joe's, but just for the day as I don't want to impose on my neighbor. We are going to tackle a project on his to do list, cleaning out the bedroom closet or his dressers. Some jobs just require a woman to say "it needs to go" lol

What does everyone have planned or would like to do today?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Jennifer and Chicks still asleep I tried the TJs fair trade organic french roast and it's pretty good. I still love my Vermont Coffee Company beans but might rotate with the TJ to save a little money.

No work that must be done this weekend but lots to do around here and a memorial service tomorrow that will take all afternoon (my friend's son). Today it's winter farmer's market, grocery shopping, laundry and cooking for the week. I'm making Kalyn's cauliflower crust pizza for dinner tonight and something in the crock for the week.

It's going to be a warm winter weekend here so I'm definitely getting out for a walk today. Can't resist the occasional warm January day because I know it will be frigid again soon.

How is your weekend shaping up?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, Jennifer and Cyndi. Nice to see the clucking has begun. The dogs tell me it's balmy out there. I think we are supposed to get up to 47ºF tomorrow which will melt more of our 30" of snow.

Jazz and I are off to the nursing home to do pet therapy this morning. I will phone first in case they are closed due to the flu. Several homes in this area are under quarantine. I have my fingers crossed that we can go because I'll be missing two scheduled visits later this month.

Aside from the Bling Tree which I'm still enjoying, Christmas 2012 is now stashed away. I even made labels for the bins. I could give away 2/3 of the stuff and still have loads for the decorating next year. Next time I get the tidying urge, I will sort out some to be sent to yard sales in the fall.

Now for a smoothie to start my day. Have a good weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Paul is helping me get started this morning. He's the best!

Jennifer, you are a great friend to be willing to help Joe sort out his stuff! I hope he's not the kind of guy who wants to hold on to everything, though, and I hope you have a productive day.

Cyndi, enjoy your walk in the warm sunshine today. It's going to be mild here, too, and even get into the low 60s tomorrow! I'll take it while it's being doled out! I love Kalyn's cauliflower pizza recipe, but I always bake the crust longer than she says to make it crispier. Enjoy!

This must be the season for purging. My plan for today is to tackle and organize the coat closet and the telephone cabinet. I must have phone books from 5 years back that I need to take to the recyling bin. BUT before I start in on that task, I'm going over to Mom & Dad's for a while, and stopping by Kohl's to look for some good buys on sheets sets. They are so expensive, but I need another set for our bed.

My coffee needs refilling, BRB!

Ruth!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! There sure is a lot of chatter in here early on Saturday morn . I am choking down a smoothie (I just don't want to eat yet) and meeting a friend at the gym at 8 am. She's having a hard time motivating herself, so a chat on the treadmill oughtta help.

Cottage - I have a 30% off coupon at Kohls!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I have a 30% off for Kohl's too! I was going to head over today since my shift at work got cancelled. DH and I plan to look at stain colors to see if we think he'll be able to decide on the final stain when we get our floors refinished. If so, we'll schedule that for when I am on my spa trip. But he's not usually so great with anything color or decor related I'm making the mock tuna today. Have to double it since vegetarian DH will eat it too and I like to have leftovers for a few days.

Have a great weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Must be the post holiday declutter season I'm tackling my cook books today. Every few years I need to weed them out, especially now that I use the internet so much.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in and just HAD to do my hair(color) before work. I got it cut the other day so it should look pretty nice. I should be heading out the door in 15 min and still need to shower. Just wanted to say hi!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I had a sleep in too, and I'm still working on the rest of the Cafe du Monde coffee. I'm going to the Amish market and farmer's market this morning (the one I go to is year-round), then hit the regular grocery store, and if there's time before I pick up DD from horseback riding, I'll stop by the second hand furniture place, as there are a couple of odds and ends I'm looking for. I want a free standing mirror - I think it would be helpful to have a couple more mirrors around here - generally I never bother to look at myself...
Other than that, chores this weekend. I still need to put away the rest of Christmas and get the tree out. I'm due a visit to my Grandma, and maybe see Les Mis with my girls and try to do a couple of post-Christmas returns.
Rainy weekend here, but warm.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good weekend chickies,

I too am in a cleaning and organizing mode. Yesterday I got a huge bin at Walmart and put all my knitting yarns in it, did it fill up quickly. So now all my family has to do it pick it up and give it to a knitter
if something happens to me.
The weather is so dull here, the snow is all gone. Don't know what's on the agenda today but somehow the days always fly by. Hope everyone has a good on plan weekend
take care
Sophie
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning Chicks!

Voodoo let us sleep in until 8:10 this morning! We have a lot to do today, as the temperature is going to drop and we'll start getting freezing rain/ice/snow tonight. Want to have to do very little tomorrow!

Going to get the grocery shopping out of the way, and a little regular shopping too before heading out to Chris' parents. Hopefully they don't try to feed us.

Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #12  

Hello Everyone!!
I wanted to pop in here to tell everyone thank you for the continued support. I try to post everyday in the newbie thread that twynnb started just to be "accountable". I read this one everyday to get to know you guys and to keep an eye out for any extra tips. I'm still hanging in there and not sure when to switch to phase II or 1.5. I have to read that section in my book this weekend and search for phase 1.5 threads. I am really an all or nothing type so I am afraid of adding things back plus I haven't gotten the vegetable thing down yet. I think I will just try adding vegetables for a little while.

I did get the xmas tree down and everything packed up except for the train. Hubby and I are going to play with it a bit before we put it away for the year. I bought him some new track pieces for Christmas and we haven't tried them out yet. Without the Christmas tree we have lots of room to play!!

Jenne1017 - Thank you, thank you for the peanut butter cup suggestion. I think you suggested it to someone else in the newbie thread and I saw on your menus that you have it for dessert sometimes. I loved it!!

Off to play blokus with this kids...... Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. Sorry I have been MIA (yet again), but I only had one night off and, unfortunately, I had to go to bed at 8:30 PM that night so I could get up bright and early the next morning.

On a positive note, I've been talking to my most recent ex a lot and we've been talking things through. We had both given up this last time around and weren't putting much effort into our relationship. By the time we ended it, we were to the point of only talking to fight and trying to see who could hurt who more. So onward and forward, turning over a new leaf...we're giving this thing one last try before giving up on it, this time actually TRYING.

Aside from that, just been working, as I already said. Hope you ladies have more exciting things on your agenda, LOL
Old 01-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks. Natasha glad to hear you guys are trying. Does he live in GA or MA? Is he the one with kids? Just making sure I am not too far behind lol

Cottage, yes Joe holds on to way too much he does not need. But I was so proud of him yesterday. Once he was finally motivated, he was on fire! One dresser done and the top closet shel. Today is the closet floor and the remaining dresser. Whoo hoo!!

It's around 6 here and for the first time in over 13 years, I am having my coffee before walking the pups. They are out cold and could care less that I am here. Gee they are teenagers.

Thanks to earning days off while at training, I am only working Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

We did get in a nice walk in the woods yesterday. Still a lot of snow on the ground, but we stuck to the deer paths. Joe was lucky enough to find a shed antler which made him quite happy. Had a yummy sort of OP dinner last night. Maybe someone knows the answer to this, we had a sourdough pizza, they boast it is gluten free. How is that possible? I thought sourdough was made from flour.

Hmmm I'll ponder that over coffee lol. Have a great day
Old 01-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Good morning I'm just waking up against my better judgement. Can't wait until Friday and Saturday, 2 whole mornings to sleep in (as long as the cats allow).

Jennifer - your post made me curious, here's an answer, though maybe more than you wanted to know

Made the cauliflower crust pizza and Cottage's spaghetti squash bake last night. It was like a high carb comfort meal without the carb, so very yummy.

Now for a little more coffee and cat feeding. I'll be back
Closed Thread