View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #112
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Dinner was much later than normal so I gave myself an extra snack. That's OKish since I had skipped my morning snack. But it was larger than normal, Ouch. I'm happy eating late when I've planned for it, but I was ready to eat while the house smelled for hours of Indonesian lamb stew made using hand ground spices. It was yummy well worth the wait. I'm already looking forward to the leftovers. So, mostly on eating plan, CREDIT moi.

Exercise was mixed. I did some, including the elliptical, CREDIT moi, but not all that I had planned, Ouch. When life got busy I went with it and found the day over before everything was done. Need to remind myself that being bored with my physical therapy exercises is not a good reason to slack off.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Now that's some good boring: "weighed ... food plan ... OP ... grateful." Here's a boring Kudos.

Beverlyjoy This medical billing business really is "exasperating." DW just wrestled with a local hospital that hadn't entered her new insurance information since there was already information in their computer. Naturally, they then denied the X-ray since the insurance was expired. Kudos for giving yourself credit for "I made many good choices all day long."

Tazzy - Your little Dexter is so big at 70 pounds - that's a lotta dog. Kudos for finding the incentive to get back on WW. Love the story of having to keep peddling since your ride wouldn't be back for 25 minutes.

Ann (Newlifestyle) - Kudos for recognizing that baby steps are the way to get back on track. I agree with IBelieveInMe2 that posting here is a huge step. Keep the faith, one step at a time.

nationalparker Kudos for "I have NO NEED for that" at the office cookie. [Love the notion of "oh well" on a note in the pocket of the smaller jeans.]

Beth (bethFromDayton) Terrific response to the smell of a Wendy's burger, "I really feel like having a burger. I'll plan that for next week." I so like knowing that I can have anything I want - if I just plan it. Wendy's can always make another. Neat Advantage to avoid " a ticking time bomb."

IBelieveInMe2 Neat that you've got your eating plans lined up (with a spare even). Kudos for working the strategy to eat sitting down; those strategies in the beginning of the book are so important - especially since they seem so trivial.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 2
What Really Makes You Eat

From Trigger to Eating

The Beck Diet Solution teaches you how to effectively respond to the sabotaging thoughts that lead to inappropriate eating. It's a skill you'll need not only to lose weight, but also to keep excess weight off permanently. If you've never been taught this skill, it's no wonder you've either had trouble losing weight or always regained it in the past. You'll use this skill into the future, whenever you have sabotaging thoughts, as Emma's story illustrates below.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 31.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 11 months