Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 AM   #1  
Failure is a mindset

S/C/G: 244/241/165

Height: 5'9

Default Reward yourself every 10 pounds...

I recently started my official and last time I go on a lifestlye change. I realized I had restricted myself WAY too much and in the end it produced failure. I have been on it for 3 weeks and so far been a success I took baby steps one week cutting out sweets..one week soda...etc and now on week 3 my appetite has finally went down and I even began exercising. In those 3 weeks I have not lost alot only 2 pounds but also Aunt flow just arrived so who know's maybe I have lost more. I have decided to only weigh myself monthly as I am not focused on numbers. I have "apparently" only lost 2 pounds yet my shirts are looser and my pants as well..so what does that tell you? Anyways the point of my story is that find something too reward yourself for your weightloss...for example every 10 pounds I lose I am going to reward myself. Now I don't mean hamburgers and cookies but I mean thing's like a manicure...a pedicure..new haircut...WHATEVER just something too let yourself know that you are doing a good job! I think having something too look foward too along those baby steps pushes us too do better. Hopefully some people take my advice and see how much you like it
TTNMDANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

I'm a total believer in accumulative baby steps and mini goals. It's how I was able to stop binge eating and start losing weight. Mainly I think habits trump rules, especially when life gets rough. So I do my best to build up good habits that will lead to weight loss and maintenance.

If you can break it down to the next ten pounds and daily goals for behavior, then you can have successes all the time. And if you have success all the time (even when you're far from perfect) you're more likely to stick with it.
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yes, I agree too... mini goals and rewards along the way really do help
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/135

Height: 5'6"

What are some examples of rewards/incentives besides peticure and manicure?
Ross111104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #5  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

I have a bracelet that I put on a new charm on every time I lose 10 pounds. The charms remind me of how far I've come...and not to let myself slip and have to lose my charms. Joy and Accountability!

TTN- What is your focus this go around, if not weight? Wellness?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #6  
Failure is a mindset

[QUOTE

TTN- What is your focus this go around, if not weight? Wellness?[/QUOTE]

My focus now is just FEELING BETTER of course I want to lose weight and would I probably quit if I never lost?...Yes..but I used to be that dieter that wanted too lose it quick..so if I said back then I only lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks I would of FLIPPED and went back too eating the way I normally do. I spent too much time obsessing over the scale and if I did not see a significant loss I would get discouraged and want to quit. Decided I am only going to weigh myself monthly I would like too lose at least 6 pounds a month. If not oh well..I have looser clothes and I feel better about myself already. I know the way I am eating now is an improvement and if I dont see a huge loss yet I will one day. I don't sabotage myself I know this is a slow process and I really have too tell myself that it did not come on in a day so it wont come off in a day either.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #7  
Failure is a mindset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross111104 View Post
What are some examples of rewards/incentives besides peticure and manicure?
Anything really! Get a new pair of shoes...a purse...wallet...spa day...anything that you don't always get that will push you to lose another 10 pounds. Baby steps is the key too success. If you have a 100 pounds too lose that sounds scary right? But break it down that is 8.3 pounds a month and 2.08 pounds a week in a year! Now some days your not gonna lose and some months your not gonna lose anything but the point is put one foot in front of the other and eventually you will get there. And of course when you do reach your goal reward yourself to a new wardrobe.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #8  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

I usually set up mini goal rewards but completely forgot now that I'm actually losing weight again! haha! thanks for the reminder, something else to be excited about!

Now to decide the reward for 160!
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/190/135

I like the charm idea. That is super cute! I am going to try and brainstorm some other ideas that incentivize me. That's the thing I'm kind of struggling with. I want something that I can really look forward to. And unfortunately all I can think about is food rewards! Lol :/
Ross111104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/203/167

Height: 5"5

i too am doing this. for every 7lbs that i loose im going to treat myself to a beauty treatment from my favorite beauty salon.
which means i can have 6 treatments to get me to my ideal weight! hhhmmmm that will be a shellac manicure, eyebrow tint, spraytan, eyelash extensions, head massage and maybe another shallac lol
nicolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I love the idea of rewards for pouds lost. The idea is great, but I have not been able to accomplish it as well as I had hoped.

I tried getting stack rings for every 20 pounds lost but realized that my fingers were and would shrink.

I tried saving 5 dollars for every pound lost for a new goal wardrobe but needed it for clothing now and groceries etc.

I am planning on buying a tiffany bracelet after reaching 80 pounds my goal.

I did buy the sterling iron man bead here after I lost 40 pounds. It reminds me to stay strong and healthy. http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTU3NjY...ef=pr_treasury

Last edited by dstalksalot; 01-12-2013 at 11:11 AM.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #12  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

My rewards are mostly clothing, because its something I've never been able to enjoy (I've been able to shop in ONE store for more than a decade). At 50 pounds lost I bought myself a diamond ring (tiny diamond, but still a diamond). It's on my finger to remind me never to go back.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #13  
improving life!

I think I'm going to get things that go along with other goals I have (write more, do art more, study) and things that go along with health. 160 I'm thinking about a blender (to make smoothies!). Or some art supplies.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

I'm chuckling to myself because everyone else has such "normal" rewards and, as usual, I'm giving myself "abnormal" rewards. One of my big goals is to be able to go hiking and enjoy it -- as opposed to getting winded walking from the parking lot to the trail! So, for each mini-goal reached, I buy something to stock my day pack with: flashlight, waterproof matches, rain poncho, water filter, etc. That way when I reach the point where I can hike those trails, I'll be fully outfitted!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #15  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

That's not so abnormal Betsy. My HUGEST goal is to walk the Fundy Trail. I can't wait to go back to New Brunswick.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote