UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #1  

Default Anyone UK chicks getting in shape for IVF or fertility treatment?

Hi Everyone

I have just joined up and am hoping that sharing this experience with positive people will help me to stay motivated and successfully lose this extra fat once and for all!

I have just had my calculator out and worked out that I'd really like to lose five stone but am going to aim for four stone initially - that sounds so straight forward hehe

I started to gain weight when I left home for uni and it has steadily crept up through the first few years of married life. I have always loved eating - whether for comfort, stress, sadness or happiness! Four years ago we approached the GP because we weren't pregnant after trying for some time, and to cut a long story a bit shorter, we had three rounds of IVF, and now have a beautiful daughter.

Next year we are aiming for another IVF in September ish so I want to lose weight in preparation but to try and retrain my brain into a healthier lifestyle to give my daughter someone to look up to and to feel happier myself.

Would love to hear from others in a similar situation and hope we could help each other along the way!

xxxx
SRJ2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Hello & welcome to the forum!

Great to hear you have a daughter and are keen to expand your family! How exciting

I'm not in the same boat myself (no children or desire for any quite yet) but I think there are a few people across the boards in a similar situation with regards to the pregnancy weightloss motivation.

Best of luck with the four stone goal - what's your plan?
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:18 AM   #3  
jbabs

S/C/G: 194.5/ticker/154

Height: 5ft9

Hiya, I'm jumping back on board. This year I am determined. Wow 1987....your so close to goal!
janeybabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeybabs View Post
Hiya, I'm jumping back on board. This year I am determined. Wow 1987....your so close to goal!

Yes not too far off
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #5  
Cosmetic Junkie

S/C/G: 265.8/265.7/199

Height: 5ft 4

Hi SRJ

I am losing weight so I can get pregnant in the not too distant future. I am not yet TTC (my husband currently lives abroad) but I have PCOS so was told by my hospital consultant I would prob need IVF. If I want that on the NHS I need to lose 100lb. Gulp!!!

I wish you the very best!

Last edited by AngelCOH; 01-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.
AngelCOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #6  

Smile chatting about diets on television in London

Hi Angel COH,

I'll just preface this by saying that this isn't spam. I've been in touch with Suzanne at 3FC who as very kindly indeed allowed me to chat to you guys about our project. I've also just posted a similar message to She Bear, I hope you don't mind.

I work for a TV production company in London and we're currently making a new series about weight loss. We'll be doing some filming near St Paul's on Friday, and we're looking for people who'd like to come down and talk about their diets. Your story sounds very interesting, and seeing as you're in London I wanted to ask if you might want to come down and tell us a bit more about it on camera.

It's nothing sinister at all, and shouldn't last for very long. We're looking to speak to as many people as possible to get an idea of all the different diets out there and why people do them.

If you're interested please to get in touch at alex.buxton(at)freshone.tv

I hope to hear from you!

Alex
alexbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/172/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all

Not treatment (all being well), but will be ttc from May onwards, so I have five months to lose as much as possible before then!

Good luck to us all!

Cofa
Cofa Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #8  
... and I am a chocoholic

S/C/G: 336/Tracker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi there, yes this is my goal! I am not TTC yet, I'm putting this off until May/ June for financial reasons but at the same time worry if my weight will be a barrier to getting pregnant, I dont know if I have PCOS or anything like that, so I am determined over the next 6 months to lose as much weight as possible (aiming for about 50-60lbs) so I can have a little one in the next few years best of luck to everyone x
lyndzro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #9  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

One of my main reasons for wanting to lose weight is to start a family, we haven't been trying yet but I want to reach my goal weight to limit the risks for both baby and me, I had a miscarriage in 2011 and can't help but feel guilty in case my weight was a factor. Good luck!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/172/140

Height: 5' 4"

Another baby-related reason to spur people on, is that if we are luckily enough to lose the weight and fall pregnant as suitably skinny minnies, at our 12wk and 20wk scans, it won't have emblazoned across the top of the precious photo that you show everyone 'view restricted by maternal bmi' .

Both my photos were very poor quality and I was so disappointed, but it suddenly dawned on me that it was my fat obscuring the view that had meant they couldn't get a clear photo

Editing to add - but believe me, I do appreciate the fact that I was able to get pregnant and give birth in the first place. I have friends who have struggled on both counts so my heart goes out to anyone dealing with this.

Last edited by Cofa Tree; 01-13-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Cofa Tree is offline   Reply With Quote