Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 02:10 PM   #1  
amu

Unhappy new and need help/support

I need help. I have been thin or nomal body weight for most of my adult life, though I was heavy as a child. Mostly because of allergies and dietary restrictions I developed in my late teens I could never eat alot of the foods that really stack on the calories (I am mildly allergic to wheat, corn and most flour products as well as milk.) and stayed clear of emotional binging. To give you some background info on me- 2 years ago I weighed 102lbs, 14 months ago I was up to 114, feeling good despite my family's constant criticism that I was too thin. (I was in love and didn't care about eating.) I got engaged a month later.
My weight gain began when I found the most wonderful wedding dress but the smallest size available was 2 sizes larger than I was and I couldn't afford to have the dress adjusted. Wise girl I was thought I'll give in to everyone and try and put on just enough to fit into the dress(with my friends and family cheering on). I did, easily by eating the most delicious and unhealthy foods, like bags of marshmallows and potato chips.
I fit into my wedding dress and had a beautiful wedding but kept gaining. I am an emotional eater. Since then my father, grandmother, grandmother-in-law and mother-in-law have all been in and out of the hospital. My husband's job was cut along with many of our freinds. Every time something goes wrong I chow down like there is no tomorrow. I am up to 162lbs and feeling awful!
I need to lose weight and get in shape but just feel no motivation. Whenever I say I am going on a diet my husband tells me how beautiful I look and I lose interest. I am eating much healthier except when something goes wrong I nervously eat away at junk food. We both agree we need to exercise more but never have time to do it. My family is all on the heavy side and still considers me too small. Help!
Old 09-24-2003, 02:21 PM   #2  

Oh honey, what a way to get married! Well, we can fix you right up! You must come and visit Time for Serious Fun and see if all the things we do there you would like to participate in. I guarantee we help make the process of losing weight fun and you cannot find any better support. All of the ladies are best friends pretty much and depend on each other a lot. I love them all like sisters. Please peek in and we would heartily welcome you. We have all ages, weight loss stories, married and not, from all over the country and even have a lady from England and one from India. Hope to see you soon!

Faye
Old 09-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #3  
Spreadin' the luv.

Darlin', you get to the weight you feel comfortable and then IGNORE the comments from your family! Better yet, be straight with your family about how their opinions are unwelcome and potentially destructive. Your weight is none of their business. Unless you start fainting and stuff.

3FC will help a lot with weight loss and exercise - Gma2one's like one of the coolest ladies online - I've found great friends here and seriously couldn't do this without them.

You are the only person who can determine what your best weight is. Your opinion is the only one that matters as far as weight is concerned.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:05 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Amu, I agree that you need to be at whatever weight you are comfortable at and just let everything else go in one ear and out the other ... except for the words of thy fantastic new husband who KNOWS you're beautiful and is so wonderful as to verbalize that ... he's a keeper!!!

There are lots of great groups and threads here with all different kinds of supportive people, so just post away and feel better.

Have a banana!!!

Old 09-24-2003, 08:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey There! Welcome Aboard!

One thing you mentioned was being an emotional eater....

There is a Book CLub Forum and we are currently going through Dr Phil's book.... which does deal with the emotional aspects alot...

Also you are more than welcome to join us at Angels Better Body Challenge. We have a great group of ladies there all working on their own thing!

Anywhere you go here you will find lots of support!

Congrats on the marriage and I hope all things work out for you!
Old 09-25-2003, 08:38 PM   #6  
amu

Angry thanks

Thank you for all your reesponses!! I feel like I have found the right spot. If anyone has any ideas on how to stay motivated please send them. I have made it my goal to lose ten pounds by Christmas - hold off the goodies so I don't feel quilty celebrating for one day then keep going through the new year. I am being good about food, I just hate to exercise, and the weather has been so icky I don't feel like going out at all. But I drank 7 glasses of water and walked up all the flights of stairs at work!!
Old 09-26-2003, 08:29 AM   #7  
stbakd

welcome amu. good luck. maybe your family should look at thier wieght and do something about also. try other threads also to ideas, but post here too .
glen
Closed Thread