Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #1  
Mo3
Still at it...

S/C/G: 202/166/145/ultimate dream 130

Height: 5'6

Default Trying to stay positive

Have any of you felt like you worked soooo hard to she'd the pounds but look in the mirror and get really disappointed by what you see? I've had 3 kids-the youngest is 18months. I get that I will prob never have any kind of mid section that I can be proud of gain but I thought I would feel better about the rest.

I've lost 36 so far... 21 to go until ultimate goal.

Mini goal.... No longer overweight =154 lbs
Mo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #2  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I try not to get too harsh on myself, but I am struggling with a bit of surprise at the moment over how I look. Even though I 'knew' abstractly to expect this, I'm just kind of shocked that I still look just like me. Smaller version of the same body.

I don't think I consciously expected otherwise, but the feelings that are coming up aren't quite rational! It's weird stuff to work through.

I am finding that it's really true though that the closer you get, the more visible difference just a few lbs makes. I've never been this weight, so I've honestly got no idea what to expect going forward - so I'm trying to just hang in there and keep an open mind as the scale slowly drops.

edit - and the big elephant for me is exercise and strength building. I haven't done much, so it makes sense my overall shape has shrunk but not altered much. Gotta do it if you want to reshape yourself.

Last edited by Desiderata; 01-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #3  
HW:232/SW:165

S/C/G: 215/211/165

Yep I feel like that all the time but I'm no where near as far into my weight loss journey as you.. Just look at how much you've lost already! 21lbs is nothing to lose compared!

But like the other poster suggested, maybe adding more weight training to your routine at this point will help? You'll lose inches and define your shape more and the difference will be noticeable.

You've come this far, don't be disheartened! We all have bad days but you've just got to think how much you've achieved already; it can be done!

Last edited by kymb92; 01-10-2013 at 10:39 AM.
kymb92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #4  
Mo3
Still at it...

Default Gonna try

Thanks! You guys are a big help. I'm new to 3FC as of yesterday so I was hoping to find support like you.

I was at the gym 2 nights a week for a long time but I'm a mom of 3 and a wife of a hubby that works 6 days a week 12 hour days. My son is 18mo and has bad allergies so I never leave him with anybody else.

I guess since I an lucky enough to be a sty at home mom (sooooo grateful for this opportunity!!) I really need to just do better at exercising during the day.

Thanks for the pep talk!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #5  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I cried for an hour the other day after I found a picture my boyfriend took of my laying on the couch. It's a shock to the system after so much hard work and a fairly major loss to see that I'm still so big. I thought 75 pounds would make much more of a difference.

We're never going to have the bodies we've pictured. But you're going to look amazing and feel amazing. Keep working at it!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #6  
Mo3
Still at it...

Radiojane... 75 lbs!!!!! Amazing! You should be very proud. This is not easy for any of us. I've cried my far share too. I just keep trying to keep up with my weekly personal goal of 2 lbs a week.

Guess the end will be worth it eventually
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

I just started today,but it was because I was looking in the mirror and hating what I've become. I've actually gained weight since having the baby and losing all but 8lbs of pg weight. I put another 9 back on in the last 2 months just from poor eating,sodas and not exercising at all. I despise that I still have to wear maternity pants because no jeans fit and that my kids think I prefer to wear sweat pants. No,I just don't fit in anything.The saddest part of it all is that I gained the least in this pregnancy than the other two. Hoping to find all kinds of supportive,successful women like you to go through this journey with!
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

At least you got kids out of it! I have loose skin on my stomach and unless I get surgery I'll never have a nice tight one. Mine is just from being fat though, not having any kids
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #9  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

*Hugs* I know the feeling...like Sontaikle pointed out, at least you have kids to show for it...I'm a mess because I've just been fat my whole life.

I'd suggest that if you have any old clothes around, try on some pants. I still see a super fat girl in the mirror, but a few weeks ago I accidentally grabbed an old pair of pants out of the drawer and realized as they dropped back to my ankles that "Hey, I DID make some progress..." If you're not happy with what you're seeing in the mirror, try to compare it to where you were before...you might not be 100% thrilled with what you're seeing now, but I'm sure that with that much hard work, you're at least in a better place than where you started.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

After I lost 100 pounds, I got a new dress and I thought I looked so good and was so proud of myself and I had my DH take a pic of me in the new dress and when I saw the pic, I began sobbing. I thought I looked so terrible and I had lost 100 freaking pounds!

But I kept at it and now I love the way my pics look!

You will get there!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #11  
Mo3
Still at it...

Thanks everyone ! I really appreciate the support. Especially since I seem to be up about a pound today grrrrrrr

I will have to try the old Jeans trick. I was a tight 14 now I'm a comfy 10. I still feel huge all the time though and by belly roll over he top of my jeans doesnt help.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #12  
Mo3
Still at it...

Default Gotta try this

Went shopping with my daughter today to get stuff for her 11th bday party. While the mall I decided I was going to just try on the next size smaller jeans. I figured they could get stuck at my ankles but I was feeling like punishing myself. I was curious how much more I had to go to move down another size. Well I ended up buying the jeans ! They are my motivation. I loved them. They not only went past my ankles but buttoned! They are a little tight and I won't wear them out....yet. I have work still to do but they will be hanging on my closet everyday until they can be worn outta the house!!!!

I was a tight 14 when I started this journey. I just bought size 8. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they buttoned without my laying on the bed sucking it in or anything Seriously... They almost fit!! Omg.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo3 View Post
Have any of you felt like you worked soooo hard to she'd the pounds but look in the mirror and get really disappointed by what you see? I've had 3 kids-the youngest is 18months. I get that I will prob never have any kind of mid section that I can be proud of gain but I thought I would feel better about the rest.

I've lost 36 so far... 21 to go until ultimate goal.

Mini goal.... No longer overweight =154 lbs
36 lbs thats great! You're almost there. Set a goal for yourself - like to lose that other 21 lbs in the next 3 months. that's 7 lbs a month you can do it!
TwirlingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #14  
Mo3
Still at it...

Default I'm stuck again

I'm still stuck at 166. I started WiiFit today and a little Pilates. I hope to get off this plateau soon.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #15  

I feel for ya. I have two kids (2 years and 12 months). My midsection is a huge unsightly, stretchmarked tire that hangs over my jeans
Crunchy Pip is offline   Reply With Quote