Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 1/11/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Friday morning everybody!

Weigh-in today, wish me luck!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning everyone-

Just finished reading last night's thread. Congrats to everyone on WIs yesterday, good luck to everyone with WIs today. And Oh My Goodness, congrats on the baby update, TIGEVR, and thank you for sharing!! Made me smile. As did your memory about Grandma, USMCVET.

I wanted to roll over a topic from last night. It was about how much water do you (honestly) drink. I have found that if I drink over about 100 oz of water in a day, my kidneys ache. I take that as a sign that my kidneys want me to stay below 100 oz. so I average 85-100oz daily. If it is slowing my losses, so be it, I can deal with that better than aching kidneys!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-11-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Nola 100ozs is more than IP asks for 10 glasses of 8 ozs, that is 80 ozs. If you drink too much water you are diluting your electrolyte balance.

i am sure scorbett or one of the nurses can elaborate on this better than me.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Nola 100ozs is more than IP asks for 10 glasses of 8 ozs, that is 80 ozs. If you drink too much water you are diluting your electrolyte balance.

I agree. I tend more towards the 85oz end, but sometimes a bit more if I feel thirsty. I am amazed when I see people talking about drinking 120oz. I simply can't do that, it literally hurts my kidneys.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-11-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #6  

Re water
I average about 3 liters/day (~100 oz or so) sometimes more, sometimes less. Most of it is plain water. Sometimes herbal tea. Sometimes seltzer with Mio, especially if others are drinking.

ZERO diet soda - not on protocol. It would be a cheat. I had cut it out prior to IP and was drinking iced tea instead. I'm not having that either.

I'm down to drinking 1 c coffee in the morning & I use 1 c cold coffee in my morning dk choc/spinach smoothie M-F. I drink a c water before my coffee and another c after my smoothie. We make our coffee half caf.

With recent thyroid problems, too much ice in drinks is adding to my problems of being cold. Last nite I went out to dinner & drank 3-4 glasses of water. Switched to hot tea & then just asked for hot water with lemon. I need to remember to order no ice.

My! How my tastes have changed!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post

If you were guzzling it all in one sitting, yeah that might cause some issues. But if you are drinking (sipping) through the day, eating what you should eat and getting in your salt (which we can use liberally because of the water intake), 100oz or more is no big deal. If you avoided the salt and chugged all that water down THAT would cause an upset in the balance in your body - but over the course of the whole day the body has a fantastic knack for balancing itself out
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning everybody!! I had a little NSV last night...I have been wearing one of my rings for so long that I could no longer get it off my finger. Last night I was messing around with it and I got it off! It didn't fall off by any means, but it actually came off! Such a small thing but it def shows that there are changes happening!

as far as water...I have a 30 oz water bottle that I fill 3-4 times during the work day and at least one more time at home. So I drink A TON of water...and pee A LOT!! LOL
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone. Another notch on my belt went down today.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

mrskuby- that's a great NSV!

I drink about 40oz of water at work, then 48 oz or more in the evening. I try to stop drinking water an hour before bedtime so I'm not up 3-4 times during the night, but I am really thirsty in the evenings so that plan doesnt always work.

IP does call out for 10 - 8oz glasses, but I've also heard that you should be drinking at least half your body weight in oz of water. So someone who is 200 lbs should drink 100 oz.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #11  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I drink a ton (15 - 20 glasses!) of water during the work week and try to get a lot in on the weekends, it's just easier to do so at work.

If I'm eating out a a restaurant I will order seltzer with lime, it hides the chlorine taste in the water. At work and home it's just plain old water - at work it's mostly hot water. I have 1 or 2 cups of decaf coffee a day if any and this is a recent habit, over the past couple of months. I had lost my taste for coffee after having pneumonia a year ago or so.

Non - scale victory time - I never thought that I'd be waffling over buying a large or medium belt!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

I had a rough day yesterday for the first time on this plan. Was really hungry and not really feeling good about the diet. So much so that I had two little cheats last night, one was accidental and one wasn't. I was out to dinner for first time on the plan and thought I ordered well, got sliced steak and instead of the mashed potatoes asked for more grilled asparagus and had a side salad. I evidently didn't read the fine print that there was a sauce with the steak, a marsala mushroom sauce. I tried to avoid it, but did have a little.

We then met up with friends for trivia, and I had a small glass of red wine that I sipped all evening. Normally I'd have two or three. Next time I will just have water, because it wasn't even good, so why bother? Plus I sat watching my other friends who had just come from the gym, eat hot dogs with potato salad and a huge chicken salad sandwich. It looked good, but I felt good and satisfied with what I'd had and I'd been in such a funk all day that I only then realized that the pants I was wearing that were usually snug, were quite loose. Started feeling better about the diet.

Was a little nervous when I woke up this morning. Normally, when I'd go out on Thursday nights I wouldn't eat as well, and I'd have more wine and usually the scale reflected that the next day. I expected to be up at least a pound, yet before I got on the scale I noticed that my middle looked quite a bit smaller suddenly. And the scale was down two pounds!

But the best part, I measured my waist and yesterday it was 33 inches.....today it's 30! I must have been building to a drop.

So, I am not going to cheat again, no more wine for me. I'm excited that this really seems to be working and I don't want to slow it down a bit!

Thank you everyone again who encouraged me yesterday. I really was feeling down, but no longer.

Last edited by PamC; 01-11-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Morning everyone! Today is Day 5 of my reboot and I'm hoping for a good IP day. I've stayed completely on program despite my distress over dinner making me sick every night. I figure if I can give it at least one good full week, I'll feel better about whatever decision I make (whether to continue the reboot or not).

Tonight I plan to make big mac in a bowl and see how that does - last year I could never quite enjoy it (lettuce has always made me oddly queasy) but I'm going to season my meat heavily and hope that helps it all go down. Ended up with a raging migraine yesterday (not sure if it's stress, the diet, or both) so I just had chicken in broth. While it was easier than the other meals I've had since Monday, it was pretty hard to choke down near the end.

I'm trying to trust that it's just withdraws. Every morning I wake up thinking "I can do this, it'll get better, it did last time" but by dinner I'm having to literally talk myself out of hurling on the dinner table and I can't stop thinking "It was NEVER this bad, I can't suffer like this for months, there is NO way I can keep this up if it doesn't change".

I appreciate everyone's comments - tough love included! Someone mentioned I should look into the vegetarian threads which I plan to do later today. I wish I could talk to my coach about it all more, but she tends to take the approach of "if you're strong you can make it, if not I'm disappointed". Makes it hard! I know she thinks she's doing the right thing, but it just doesn't work on everyone.

Anyway, enough of my insentient rambling about myself. Good luck everyone and have a WONDERFUL day!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

Spicy Thai-Style No-Cook Stir-Fry

PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 1/2 cups): 165 calories, 3g fat, 440mg sodium, 14g carbs, 4g fiber, 7g sugars, 22g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 4*

This dish is all stir and no fry! Just grab some precooked chicken from the market (or make use of those leftovers!), and you're on your way to delicious-ville...

Ingredients:
1/4 cup low-fat Thai peanut salad dressing or sauce (like the kind by Litehouse)
2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
One 12-oz. bag (about 4 cups) broccoli cole slaw
10 oz. cooked and chopped skinless lean chicken breast
2 cups sugar snap peas, halved
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine salad dressing/sauce, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Add dressing/sauce mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 15 minutes. If you just can't wait, go ahead and dig in!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS
I always get the Hungry Girl emails and I thought this one could be IP friendly, maybe make the dressing with WF peanut dressing.

Last edited by Bellamack; 01-11-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #15  

Good Friday Morning All!
Well its STILL raining in Louisiana! i get to go back to work on Monday, part time for now, and I am ridiculously excited. My knee is so much better though. I guess I will see just how much better next week

Water intake Well I was very fortunate to grow up with a mom who only drank water. In my college years I revolted but then went cold turkey on the sodas one time for Lent and have never picked up the habit again. I drink around 100oz a day but I have almost always drank this much water.
NOLA/SCORBETT what are the signs that your kidneys ache? This may be a stupid question but I haven't heard anyone say this before
Closed Thread