South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Phase I thread, 1/7 - 1/13

I realized we don't have a thread for this yet, it tends to be a *great* resource for everyone just starting out on phase I. Look for advice, gripe to each other, share successes and menus, etc. It makes it so much easier to stick to when you have support!

How's it going on phase I, chicks!?!?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 93.2kg - 91.5kg - 65kg

Height: 163cm

Well I'm on day 3 of phase 1 and feel much better today then I did the last few days. I had a bad headache the first 2 days but not today.
I haven't really had any cravings yet so hopefully this will continue. Lost 2.5 pounds so far so hope it will be a few more till the end of this phase (want to lose about 60 in total).
I orignally planned to start working out when starting this diet but felt it was a bit much. I will probably start next week when my body has adapted to the new diet.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/194/165

Height: 5'8

I'm on day 9day of Phase 1 so far soo good lost 5lbs hoping for 2-3lbs more. I walk on my treadmill 3-5days a wk for 30-60mins but after working out last night I felt really weak so I was wondering can you have protein shakes on phase 1??
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #4  

Chantea - they normally don't recommend working out on phase I, I personally wouldn't. As well, many protein shakes have added sugar (and other nasty stuff). Really, you're probably not lacking protein right now, but simple carbs...which would cause cravings and stop your progress. Since you've only got 4 (!!!!) more days to go, I'd just wait, or do shorter times on the treadmill.

Great job so far, chicks!! I know the old threads really helped me for phase I breakfast ideas. You have to think outside of the box!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #5  

First day I'm kind of struggling. I'm hungry and craving carbs and got another slight headache. Drinking lots of tea and hoping that will help and the cravings will be less tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

you can make your own protein shakes but without fruit - not sure how tasty they'd be: can use protein powder (no sugar), yogurt, almond milk, spinach and chia seeds, even natural PB.

Good job everyone!!! Keep it up!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #7  

Ok Tammy but now I'm lost about where I should be posting. I was following all of the establish people in the daily post... now I'm in the newbie post. I'm not sure I can do both but I thought I'd start with this one for now.

Day 10 !!!! I think. I have been following paydaymom so that I know what day I am on but I didn't see a post from her today. Thinks are going well. I think my husband is getting excited about the weight loss and he even packed our snacks for us yesterday when I didn't have time.

New today are lettuce wraps and pepperoni crisps. Both were great!!!! I think I can become a lettuce wrap chef in a few more tries. I ate the pepperoni crisps with hummus and it was just the crunch I had been missing. Now.... I do have one down side. The pretzels the girls were eating for their after school snack were talking to me. Just like something you would see in a sit com. My whole field of vision was that one little pretzel and he was saying, "eat me, eat me, come on!!" I didn't eat it!!!

The cravings are not bad at the grocery store and I think that my grocery shopping is more efficient because there are now several aisle I don't need to enter at all. Really I think I only need 1/2 the grocery store which tells you how much of it is processed food.

Tomorrow I am going to try the orange dreamsicle smoothie. I can't think of a smoothie that will be easy and work on phase 1 so .... fake orange it is.

So far I have tried the taco bake and the meatball casserole. Both were great dinners that worked well for myself and my husband but also for our three kids. What has everyone else tried so far?

need to work on getting more vegetable in ( I hate them all but have asparagus in the refrigerator for the first time in YEARS!!) and more water.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #8  

Starting day 5 and I just went up a pound... I am hoping it's due to me getting my period this week, but still...
I did eat a jogurt yesterday that I thought had no sugar (i checked in the store), but I checked again this morning and it does. So in the trash it went. But I can't imagine the weight gain is just from that.
Sticking with it but the cravings are more difficult to deal with and I feel light headed sometimes, especially in the afternoon.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #9  

Yankee - you can post wherever you want, but for first time phase I chicks...it's just harder! Historically, this was a popular thread, exactly for your great post....the struggles, new finds, cravings or not, etc. Feel free to post anywhere and everywhere.

Nina, it sounds like the weight can definately be from hormones...when you weigh yourself daily, you see how much your body fluctuates. I actually gain weight when I ovulate as well, I found out.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

I am here!! Day 10!!! Yesterday was horrible. I had a lot of running to do yesterday and all with a PMS migraine. Usually I am ready for b/c I get awful cravings right before that TOM but this time I had a moment of doubt the day before if I had ate something wrong b/c I wanted extra. It completely took me off guard until i awoke this morning. I should have known that is what the migraine was coming from but didn't.

I am preparing for phase 2... reread that section in the supercharged book and trying to do the exercises in the book too. Some days like yesterday it just doesn't happen but I pretty much think i stayed on plan!!

I went to the grocery store on Wednesday and felt like I had never been before. It will get easier as some small things I changed I figure out where they are!!

yankeeinsouth I am going to have go look for the meatball casserole recipe now. My bunch would love that!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #11  

I know how you feel PDmom - I had one of those PMS migraines on Tuesday. It helps when I take magnesium and vitamin C a few days before - but i forgot to take them early this time around.
I made a vegetarian chilli for lunch - very filling and the right thing for this cold and dreary weather. Will have to check out the meatball casserole.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantea29 View Post
I'm on day 9day of Phase 1 so far soo good lost 5lbs hoping for 2-3lbs more. I walk on my treadmill 3-5days a wk for 30-60mins but after working out last night I felt really weak so I was wondering can you have protein shakes on phase 1??
have you read about the interval walking in the supercharged book? I am starting mine today but I have to do an eliptical (sp?) baby steps. I have to get the clothes of it first....
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

try the http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dess...-i-onward.html

It really really helps me during PMS and I am NOT a fan of chocolate but sometimes a chick needs it! Just make sure the PB is natural and is your nut allotment for the day
Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina1979 View Post
First day I'm kind of struggling. I'm hungry and craving carbs and got another slight headache. Drinking lots of tea and hoping that will help and the cravings will be less tomorrow.
The more water I drank the better for me the first few days. On day 4 I had a bad day and someone suggested drinking some LF milk. It really helped.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Chantea - they normally don't recommend working out on phase I, I personally wouldn't. As well, many protein shakes have added sugar (and other nasty stuff). Really, you're probably not lacking protein right now, but simple carbs...which would cause cravings and stop your progress. Since you've only got 4 (!!!!) more days to go, I'd just wait, or do shorter times on the treadmill.

Great job so far, chicks!! I know the old threads really helped me for phase I breakfast ideas. You have to think outside of the box!!
I am confused I just reread supercharged and he has phase 1 exercises that last two weeks. I will look again to make sure. It is also for only 20 minutes and intervals.

Last edited by paydaymom; 01-11-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: sub
Closed Thread