Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb What motivates you?

I was just looking at some of the before and after pictures, thinking about how motivating and inspiritational they are for me. I just discovered a website www.mybodygallery.com

You can enter any weight, height and shape and see women who are that size. I entered my current weight, then my goal weight. Thought it was pretty cool. I've been going to the gym with my mom and when she says "We are gonna be a FINE mother and daughter!" that motivates me. What gets you going and motivates you?
StaceyDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I have lots of motivation. Wanting a long life with my family, wanting to fit in regular sized clothes, wanting to have more energy, enjoy outdoor activities, sweat less in the ridiculous Texas heat, etc.

No, I have plenty of motivation, what I waffle on is commitment. Thankfully I still weigh less than I did a year ago but not by as much as I would have hoped. I need a special developed "commitment" injection and I'd be golden.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #3  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

My biggest motivation is probably to be able to let go of that whole "standing on the sideline, waiting for life to begin" feeling.

Also, I don't want the health issues being obese can lead to, thankfully I haven't gotten any of that yet.

And I wanna be hot!
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5"6

Ahhh that's such a cool site! Thanks for the link!

As for motivation, I mainly want to be able to run or walk again without my thighs chafing and burning! I bought some anti-chafe cream from Monistat (that works really well!) but no more 'aids' to fit my unhealthy body. Rather, I want a healthy body!

Also, I bought a pair of hot surf shorts at my lowest ever weight of 152. I'd LOVE to wear them again! AND I WILL!!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Surprisingly, after really thinking about it, I'm not really motivated that much by the idea that I'll "look great" at the end of it all. I already feel like I look ok, my main motivator is essential the competition with myself. I will NOT quit. I will get to my goal. I'm an avid gamer and my brain is hardwired to feel pleasure and a sense of accomplishment when I complete a task whether it's getting every single banana in Donkey Kong 64 or losing 150 lbs.

I wish real life had achievement points like my Xbox360 games! *sigh*

Last edited by Skellig19; 01-10-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #6  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Vanity is a major motivator of course, but I just feel that I've missed out on so much of my life!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 149/139.5/130

Height: 5'4.75"

Thanks for sharing that website, that was really neat! What motivates me is not wanting to buy bigger clothes, wanting to be an example to my children, and just overall wanting to like how I look.
GraceAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #8  

XLMuffnTop- If you find a "commitment" pill, injection, or cream, let me know because my level of it goes up and down!

Em Coconut- The women in my family have a history of obesity and health problems, so I'm trying to avoid that as well. And look hot!

NorthernChick13- I want to be able to run! I get out of breath quick. And I hate the sound of my pants rubbing when I walk!

Skellig19- Your determination motivates me!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I want another baby!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #10  

Radiojane- I was looking at your pictures earlier today. Great job thus far! Keep up the good work.

GraceAlone- I used to love shopping for clothes, but refuse to buy them until I get my weight under control.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #11  

Mozzy- That's another motivator for me. I don't have children, but in a few years I would like to have a baby and be at a healthy weight before pregnancy.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #12  

I'm motivated by wanting to live a healthier livestyle and I also want to look better. I do get the feeling I'm the "fat unhealthy mum" on the sidelines with my kids and would love to feel as though I can fit in with the other Mums and not feel so blobby.

I really want to stick at this and create a better healthier life for my whole family .
Smilingin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 AM   #13  

For me its just i want to be better and slimmer than i already am. I don't want to be super skinny, skinny, but just a loose size 6, which is toned would do me great.
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #14  

Everyone always says to me "be motivated by health! Be motivated by knowing you'll be stronger!" etc, but if we're being completely honest here; I'm motivated mostly by how sexy I know I'll be once I'm down to the weight I'd like to be at. I'm 20 years old, it's inevitable that that's my biggest motivator. I made a sick playlist of workout songs, and I just bust my *** knowing that soon I'll be wearing one of those scrunchy butt bikinis
runawaymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #15  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I've had many motivations but my new motivation is that I may be going back to school this summer. I'll be 31. I have chronic health issues and graduate school would really push me. I think I'll fare a little better if I have less extra weight on my body. I will be required to be up and moving around for the program on the weekends, so I need to be able to do that without feeling like death.

I will not lie. My ex also works for this particular program and while I don't think I'll ever have any reason to see him (I won't even be on his campus)...I don't want to see him at my current weight should he be attending any of the events I will be attending.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 01-15-2013 at 05:01 PM.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote