Thread: Wonderslim 9
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #28
zoesmom

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Lordie, Lordie, Lordie--I've been gone too long. Lots of new names, lots of news, some not so great, some absolutely amazing. Keep it up all!

I've been MIA since August...got hit with a heck of an illness that came pretty close to killing me. Something about my asthmatic lungs not really liking to get sick or something like that. Several months in, and while better, I am still not "better." More and more and more tests we go, eventually we will figure out just what is wrong with me, but until then, I make do. Worst of worst is surgery. I hope not to get to that point. My doctor and I agree, losing weight is going to be my best bet on overcoming this and he has me on a goal of 20 pounds lost in 3 months. Let's see if I can do that.

While I was MIA, I really mostly stopped WS. Sure, I drank a shake here or there, at a snack bar or desert on occassion, but mostly, I put it on hiatis. You know, medical bills and all from a rather lengthy stay at the hospital. And then the freaking holidays. In any case, I am a week and an half back OP and all in all, I am quite happy. Mostly because I didn't gain any weight while not on plan, but also because I have lost 8 pounds since I started back up. Guess I shocked my body into doing the restart thing.

In any case, my doctor finally released me to diet and excercise again (YEAH!) so...here's to the new year....hope not to disappear for any length of time this go around.

Looking forward to share my ongoing success and read all about yours!!!

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost: