General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default Well I feel like an awful person

I went and got a lite iced latter skinny, splenda, and specifically said no whip, and well I pulled up and it had whip. I politely said I didn't want whip and she Popped the lid off to scoop it off and I said no I dony want it scooped off, in my head I was like oh gosh the syrup left and whipped left I'd gonna be awful) and the employees looked at me like I was the most awful person. I felt bad that it had to be remade but I did order it a specific way. What would you do? Would you feel guilty about it?
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

No. LOL. I'm a B tho, so I'm used to that. You were paying for a service and a product and ordered it appropiately. I would have been all 'hey, I wouldnt have lost almost 70lbs if I didn't watch everything I consume..' and give them a look.

Don't feel guilty!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/150/138

Height: 5'3"

No shame in asking for another drink. Those drinks can be expensive and she did it wrong and was being lazy about correcting her mistake. You could have been allergic to something in the whip cream or perhaps you simply don't like propellant + cream sprayed over your drink. There are a million reasons for returning something made in error. And the girl probably gets drinks returned to her all the time. Just forget about it.
Shrinkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/211/140

Height: 5'6"

I would have done the same thing! Those drinks are $$$, you deserve to get what you ordered. Also, I've often seen them slip up and end up giving away the mistake, or dumping it down the drain. It's not like it actually costs them $5 or whatever to make one.
alidalinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You are a paying customer and should get what you ordered if not they should correct it and be happy to do it. you have nothing to feel guilty about.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #6  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I would have given them a look back, asked for the number of their district manager and her name. But, I worked in food/retail for a long time, so I expect to be treated how I treated other people: with respect.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #7  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

I would have asked for a new one, too. You paid for it; it's not your fault that they made it wrong.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Nope, wouldn't feel bad about it at all!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #9  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

Basically your weight is more important than their feelings. So don't worry about it. You did the right thing and it is admirable that you had the discipline to even risk being thought of as rude so you could have a low calorie option. It shows that your mind is in weight loss mode and that's what will make the difference in the long run.
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #10  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

I would have just said something like sorry I'm allergic it makes me break out in fat all over my body
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #11  
Empress/Queen

No, I wouldn't feel guilty about that. I would feel guilty if I treated the server with disrespect & deliberately upset her, but just asking for what you ordered was perfectly reasonable.

I encountered a server a few days ago at the mall food court who got upset with me because she said she didn't think I could have the sandwich I ordered on a muffin & I showed her the menu item I ordered, which was listed on the window as on a muffin. She was young (compared to me) and got really upset & confused, although honestly I was quite nice and nonconfrontational. She looked at the menu listed on the window as if she had never seen it and didn't understand how I could order that sandwich. I just said never mind and smiled and walked away. I have encountered the same reaction in other outlets of that chain. I think maybe there is a disconnect in their corporate culture and communication that they are not training the employees according to their marketing materials or something.

But I won't pay money for a product I don't want to consume and didn't order.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

Not your fault that they made it wrong! What if you were allergic to whip cream? I worked at Dunkin' Donuts for years and if I had to remake something, yea, it was a pain, but I always still just did it, especially if it was my fault. Don't worry about it!
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #13  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Nothing to feel bad about; it sounds like you were assertive without being rude/b*tchy.

I can't believe she scraped it off in front of you! That's so unprofessional.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

I'm confused as to why you'd put whip cream out of a can on a drink that someone asked for splenda in. Is there a canned whip cream version that doesn't have sugar? If not, you're adding something with sugar to an order specifically made sugar free. Whaaaa??

That said, it's not rude. I once got a latte for me and a breve for my husband. Instead of giving me skim milk, they gave me soy milk. I know plenty like it but I hate it! I had to turn around and have them remake it. Shivers just thinking about it.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #15  

Nothing to feel guilty about! You didn't get what you ordered!

I'm just glad she was lazy enough to try to scoop it off in front of you vs. you thinking it was a new one.

I hope you enjoyed your corrected drink! Don't give it another thought!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote