View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #89
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – It was a slacker of a day - Ouch. My computer wouldn't boot, so I went to the tech support desk at a big box store. I was willing to pay the cost for someone else to run a diagnostic and, presumably, clear out whatever virus or Trojan got past my own installed virus program. The sales guy was annoyed that I hadn't brought in the power supply since they only had one universal power supply and it was in use. The prognosis was at least three days starting with removing the hard drive to test it independently. Then a second $89 to order the backup OS disks with its own two day wait. I couldn't talk to the tech because he was in the store waiting on customers. Just didn’t get a warm feeling.

So I walked out with my computer and set about to see what I could do. I gingerly rebooted to the last known good configuration of Windows and . . . all the problems went away. Now I'm really annoyed that I didn't just do that in the first place. And further annoyed that it consumed all my energy and that I tried to snack my way out of it. I join the others: food doesn’t fix corrupted Windows. Beck should add that to her next book. Back on track today.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yay for "a carefully written plan for tomorrow."

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Yay for keeping your wits to leave a large bite from each Vegan Blueberry Muffin - I like the demonstration that we're still on a path even if we've deviated for the moment.

Nature Girl – I cringe when you say "lots o' rain" since you guys know from rain. Yay for being ready now for the next power outage.

Beverlyjoy – Super Kudos for not licking the almond butter spoon - such good strengthening of your resistance muscle.

FutureFitChick – Happy skiing! You'll appreciate each pound lost each time you carve an icy mogul.

maryann - I need this today, "I know I can do better today."

nationalparker – Neat image of the coyotes vocalizing back to the sirens. Can't think of a worse feeling than realizing that the oatmeal squares weren't there in the car with you. Kudos for not turning around to go get them.

Beth (bethFromDayton) – Two Kudos for those two good days. And Kudos again for knowing yourself about protein for breakfast. Loved reading your responses to the cake, especially "but I only eat small sweets after dinner and this isn't dinner time."

IBelieveInMe2 – Standing is a hard one because it catches us by surprise. I was agast to discover that I nibbled from my plate as I carried it to the table.
Re 1: Haven't heard of Dietwatch, but also like "see yourself succeed."
Re 2: I haven't tried the Green book eating plan, but yes, it looks reasonable.
Re 3: It's perfectly reasonable to start Dietwatch and use the Green book plan when it arrives.
Re 4: I use portion control. I have weighed and measured foods to learn portion sizes since my historic notion of a serving is the standard American huge.
Re 5: Highly recommended that you start by writing a food plan the day before - it seems more onerous than it turns out to be. It's a key Beck strategy that it's far easier to stay on a plan than it is "to be good." Perhaps commit to trying for a week and see how you do.
Re 6: We'll all be your online Diet Coach/Buddy and request that you serve that role for us.
Re 7: If "My Fitness Pal and Spark People" are only about tracking, then they're not plans.
It is superb that you are committed "to be realistic about what can work for me day in and day out" - any plan works for one week.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 2
What Really Makes You Eat

From Trigger to Eating

At other times, the chain of events that ends in eating is a little more complicated. You strongly argue with yourself before you make the decision to eat. You think to yourself, I think I'll have it ... No, I really shouldn't ... I'm not supposed to eat it. Depending on where this inner argument ends, you either make the decision to eat it or you make the decision not to eat it.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 30.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 11 months