View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #77
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies It was my first day on the elliptical since forever. I had to do it in short bursts - leg wanted a break - but I did it. For that and my physical therapy exercises, CREDIT moi.

Unfortunately, I attended the retirement party for a colleague. The menu: hot wings, nachos, pizza, and a flat cake. Ouch. Shouldn't have been surprised since it was held in a bar. I was slightly constrained during the two hour event, but had more than I would have served myself at home. Hot wings require something to squelch the fire, so each nugget of chicken meat came doused with something white and thick. I doubt it was fat-free yogurt, LOL. I did avoid the flat cake, CREDIT moi for that. Fortunately, that's not a regular affair. I was smart enough to call it dinner instead of appetizers, so the damage was minimal. Otherwise, eating was on plan.

Joy (gardenerjoy) "Medical billing mysteries" just blow me away. DW was just denied payment for an X-ray since her "insurance hadn't started." Huh? My take is that they simply sprinkle out a bunch of denials since some percentage of folks will just pay without push back.

Beverlyjoy I don't remember the last time I had a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. Yep, Kudos for all those credits being aware of your eating.

FutureFitChick LOL at "formerly-a-spoon" - Ooops. That's getting your fiber the hard way. Kudos for working strategies to get your head, snacks, and hunger properly aligned.

nationalparker Yay for the ability to identify Sabotaging Thoughts - I discovered that I had the ability to wallow in them unaware. Seeing deer on your walk sounds fun.

IBelieveInMe2 Yep, "following through with behavioral changes" is the deal - neat that you're on to that. Some of us have read the book, or books, at least once. Others are on their first read of one book or the other. It doesn't matter where you are, you're welcome to jump right into the discussion now; there's no entrance requirements.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 2
What Really Makes You Eat

From Trigger to Eating

Sometimes, the chain of events that ends in eating is straightforward:

You encounter a trigger: Someone offers you a piece of cake.
...|
...v
You have a thought: That cake looks good.
...|
...v
You make a decision: I think I'll have it.
...|
...v
You act: You eat the cake.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 30.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 10 months