General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default does this make sense?

ok so i finally went online and found a couple of recipes that were healthy and not full of junk, so i do plan on making them. here is my question, is it easier to ween myself off of the nasty stuff a little at a time rather then just go cold turkey? i went 2 days without any fast food and it drove me nuts, pathetic huh?
Carbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #2  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Last time I lost weight I quit soda, junk food, alcohol, biting my nails etc. I think trying to change everything over night was a recipe for disaster. This time I started slower just eating smaller portions first, then cutting out some of the junk. I added exersize after a few weeks and gave up soda 2 weeks ago. I would say go at it how u feel comfortable, u might be more likely to cheat if not. Well best of luck
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I had really good luck changing everything at once. For others, as Chubbiegurl said, it's a recipe for disaster.

Consider your personality. Do you like big changes? Or would you rather go through things slowly? Would you get demotivated if your progress was slower, or would you be more demotivated by things being really difficult for a time?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: OSW/NSW/CW/GW 250+/195/195/140

Height: 5'9

Makes total sense. It sounds like maybe you've just begun to learn about about eating healthy, learning about it can be overwhelming. Take it slow, start with the easy stuff (getting rid of soda, adding more fruits and veggies, do a bit more walking etc.) and as each change get easier you can make new ones. Good luck. =).
Mandolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #5  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

For me- I have to get rid of all of it at the same time. One thing triggers another, which triggers another and I'm stuck at Ground Zero. You'll find which way works for you.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

If I run into those tempting junk foods, usually one glance at the nutrition label and seeing how many calories are in a serving will turn me off. For fast food, look up what your craving at CalorieKing.com....

Here are some other examples...
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I weaned myself off sodas and artificial sweeteners first. That's the hardest challenge. Sugar overall is the next hardest. Yes I make small changes one at a time.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 301.25/288.25/160

Height: 5'5"

I go cold turkey because I like how I feel when I eat healthier -- not as depressed, a bit more energy, and milder aches and pains from the arthritis. Yeah, the cravings are tough... so I rely on those almost immediate changes in body and mind to keep me strong through those first couple of weeks.
Quack Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 131/sig/110

Maybe you're going nuts because you're cutting it out but have no healthy satisfying alternative for it when the craving hits. Would probably help to find something else you like but has lower calories and fat...a proper toasted sandwich with lean meat, tomato, lettuce and low fat cheese and diet soda or fresh juice maybe.
Lemongrab is offline   Reply With Quote