Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Default Proti-Diet

I've been looking a lot at the Proti-Diet products and want some suggestions and/or comments before i take the plunge and place an order. Food suggestions? Weight loss success?
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Proti-Diet is one of my favorite alternative sources.

1. Chocolate Soy Cereal and Honey Nut Cereal
Similar to cheerios....chocolate is RESTRICTED and honey nut is NOT RESTRICTED. I open 3 bags total.....2 honey nut and 1 chocolate and mix them and then re-divide for 3 servings....making it then all NON RESTRICTED.

The taste is good, not an over powering of protein taste and really hits the spot when you need a travel and handy packet of nibble foods!

great for packing for the movies when everyone else is munching ion popcorn. small and takes a little time to consume.

2. Pink Lemonade...delicious and refreshing, not overly sweet and not overly tart.

3. cookies: I have not tried any of the cookies

4. Chocolate Fudge Cake is yummy treat....and makes excellent truffle balls that freeze easily and can easily be taken as lunch or packed on a trip

5. Pizza Kit...I did NOT like the sauce at all. but i did like the basic idea of pizza....and the dough made a nice pizza crust, and i used it also to make a calzone and pretzels.

6. Hot Cocoa....delish!!! dissolves pretty well...and not lumpy. nice normal hot chocolate taste

7. concentrate drinks....
by far my FAVORITE...as everyone on here probably knows...is the GRAPE DRINK!! it reminds me of welch's grape juice which i drank every day prior to this protocol.

i generally add more water than it calls for to make it go a little further. sometimes i have it in a wine glass as my mock wine. it is in a clear plastic packet with a tear strip so is very easy to carry and i often take it out to dinner and order a glass of cold water in a wine glass and then add it and no one even notices i am not enjoying wine....when all my friends and family are.

i will add it to my large shaker bottle with about 24 ounces of water as my replenishment when i do a long bike ride.

i have also tried the raspberry and it is ok, but not as good as the grape to me.

i have not tried any other flavors.

8. all three flavor oatmeals....i did not care for any of them. i even tried a few recipes with them as packet hacks and still gave them or traded them away.

9. bacon cheese omelet was uggggg yuk!! i'd rather have a regular omelet!! and we can have egg whites and an egg so there you go!

10. blueberry pancakes. i was surprised that these were not as bad as i expected. not like real pancakes but not totally bad.

11. Bars: i have not tried many bars as for some strange reason bars and i dont get along. either they are like cardboard or way too sweet for my taste.
i tried the lemon meringue....TOTAL GROSS....but a lot of other people liked it and recommended it so i tried! haha
i dont like rice crispie texture so that rules out most. the others i tried were like cardboard and have an awful protein after taste.

12. protein crisps: i have not tried these

13. protein wafers...WAY TOO SWEET for me but had a nice flavor, just tooo sweet.

14. pudding: tastes pasty to me...i prefer the WLS puddings.

15. shakes: i have not tried the shakes

16. soups: i did not care for the beef flavor but i LOVE the chicken noodle one and have it every week, at least 2-3 times a week!!

17. i have not tried the soy nuts

hope that helps a little

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-08-2013 at 09:47 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #3  

Thank you so much! I'm looking to order the chocolate drink, hot chocolate, pancakes, and oatmeal. I was skeptical of the fruit drinks as i couldn't stand the IP fruit flavored ones. The cereals are out of stock, but i'll keep an eye out for them to be replenished. I didn't like the IP soups, is the chicken noodle one similar to those or just good in general??
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
Thank you so much! I'm looking to order the chocolate drink, hot chocolate, pancakes, and oatmeal. I was skeptical of the fruit drinks as i couldn't stand the IP fruit flavored ones. The cereals are out of stock, but i'll keep an eye out for them to be replenished. I didn't like the IP soups, is the chicken noodle one similar to those or just good in general??
I did not like the pancakes at all. They were really dry. I love the oatmeal and use it to make pancakes. I just add 2 egg whites and a dash of water, the oatmeal pancakes are really tasty.

Good luck!
Alma4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Hi I totally recommend the sour cream and onion puffs, they are creamy tasting to me and perfect for crushing up and using a a coating for baked chicken, and filler in turkey meatloaf.
Yesmyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #6  

Oh and the strawberry bannana jello is good, I make a cup of cranberry tea and use it as the water for the jello makes it really yummy.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #7  

I'll keep my eye out for those! They're not on dietdirect at the moment, but i'll keep looking! Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

To add to what rainbow said I do like the bars, but I like sweet. Though I will say I have never ordered the proti-diet bars as I like the Proti-thin ones. Especially the chocolate decadence bar, caramel nut, coconut almond and caramel delight are the ones I order.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #9  

Quote:
I'll keep my eye out for those! They're not on dietdirect at the moment, but i'll keep looking! Thanks!
Try Nashua nutrition but you have to type in sour cream n onion puffs

Last edited by Yesmyqueen; 01-08-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

We all have different tastes. I love the blueberry pancakes and the maple oatmeal, I make a rhubarb "crisp"with the oatmeal. I will agree that the lemom merangue bars were awful.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #11  

I just placed an order with diet direct. I didn't want to order too much the first time around. I'm hoping I love the stuff I get and gain a little courage to order some other products!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I just got the hot chocolate and like it! I also enjoy the maple brown sugar oatmeal.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #13  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I liked the blueberry pancake, the chicken noodle soup and the vanilla shake. The grape drink tastes kinda like grape kool-aid. The chocolate fudge cake was too bland tasting for me and the brownie bars were rock hard and hurt my teeth to eat. The chocolate shake was alright, but not as good as the IP chocolate drink
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 211.2/196/140

Height: 5'7"

I also love, love love the grape drink. Have also tried the orange drink and it is absolutely fantastic! These 'drink packages' are so great - in liquid form, and you just add to water. They don't have that 'protein taste' whatsoever... nothing like those IP ones that I absolutely could not stomach :-)

Also have tried the oatmeals - love them, the hot chocolate - love it, and love the chicken noodle soup. Honestly - it is EXACTLY like Lipton!

Would buy any of the above and I'm sure you'd be happy... none of them really seem like 'protein' food! They're great!
libellule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #15  

I'm very excited to try the soup now! The only IP packets i ever really enjoyed were sweet ones. So i'm looking forward to some new things! I'm definitely going to have to order the soups and puffs in my next order!