Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #91
Oceanside

S/C/G: 190/187/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Just joined today!

I introduced myself over on the main Introduction board but also wanted to say hello over here as this is where I shall make my forum home.

I turned 60 a couple of months ago, live on Vancouver Island down near the ocean and need to lose the 20 lbs which piled on after I quit smoking 18 months ago. Hopefully, I will get lots of inspiration here because I know that losing the extra weight will make a difference in terms of my strength and energy levels.

My interests include cooking (!) and part of the cooking process is eating what you cook...right? Maybe I'll find some more weight friendly recipes here. Other than cooking, I swim regularly, cycle (weather permitting), walk my dog (a lot), read and knit if I am watching a movie or a favourite TV show (something along the lines of "Mad Men"). I still work full time...retirement is a distant dream, I'm afraid...where I am the secretary for a non-profit organization.

My weight loss plan involves sticking to a healthy diet (no problem) while reducing the quantity and eliminating all the sweet stuff, baked goods and snacking (unless it's a healthy snack). In other words, I am not following any specific diet to help me lose weight but I know that I will lose weight this way.

Last edited by Oceanside : 01-08-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Oceanside is offline   Reply With Quote