Old 01-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #1  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default New Tomato & Basil Rotini

Forgive me if there is already a thread about this, I haven't posted much in the forums for a couple weeks. I looked a few pages back, but didn't see anything.

Anyway, has anyone tried the new Tomato & Basil Rotini? I like the regular rotini, so I picked up a box of this when I visited my coach. I'm just hoping it doesn't taste as icky as the tomato basil soup.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandrockets View Post
Forgive me if there is already a thread about this, I haven't posted much in the forums for a couple weeks. I looked a few pages back, but didn't see anything.

Anyway, has anyone tried the new Tomato & Basil Rotini? I like the regular rotini, so I picked up a box of this when I visited my coach. I'm just hoping it doesn't taste as icky as the tomato basil soup.
I don't know anything about that but I was thinking about you just the other day! Hadn't seen you around lately and wondering how you're doing. Your new pic looks great!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #3  

i haven't seen my coach since 12/24. Looking forward to seeing any new products
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #4  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I would be so afraid to try it based on my severe dislike of the tomato basil soup! Please let us know how you like it.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I don't know anything about that but I was thinking about you just the other day! Hadn't seen you around lately and wondering how you're doing. Your new pic looks great!
Thanks.

I'm going to try it for lunch today. I'll let you all know how it tastes
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #6  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I would be so afraid to try it based on my severe dislike of the tomato basil soup! Please let us know how you like it.
I'm new to IP and this forum and thought I was the only one who didn't like the tomato basil soup! My friend who has been on the plan for a while was saying how good it tastes.
I apologize if this is posted somewhere: Does anyone have cooking instructions for the regular rotini? I don't have the box and there are no instructions on the packet. Thanks!
Suzali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/140

Cook it like regular pasta (but a little longer 12-15 minutes) in a pot of boiling water.
tobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #8  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I think the tomato basil soup is the worst product IP carries. It's not even the right color. Food should not be fuschia. I've made myself eat things that I didn't particularly care for during the first couple of weeks on IP. But, I couldn't make myself eat that soup. It was just so horrible! I know some people like it, but I just don't see how, LOL!!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #9  
11/30/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobehealthy View Post
Cook it like regular pasta (but a little longer 12-15 minutes) in a pot of boiling water.
Thank you! That explains a lot. I tried cooking it in the microwave and that didn't work so well!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #10  
11/30/2015

Quote:
I think the tomato basil soup is the worst product IP carries. It's not even the right color. Food should not be fuschia. I've made myself eat things that I didn't particularly care for during the first couple of weeks on IP. But, I couldn't make myself eat that soup. It was just so horrible! I know some people like it, but I just don't see how, LOL!!
I had someone ask me what the heck I was drinking (I put it in a coffee cup). I found something that tastes worse than that - lemon tea! Worse than awful....I still have a packet left, any thoughts on how to make it taste better?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I completely agree, it is horrible! I had it for lunch on my very first day on IP. I made myself eat a few spoonfuls, then decided to tip back the bowl and drink it! I almost threw up! I went home that night and told my hubby I didn't know if I could do this diet! I'm a little afraid of the rest of the soups as a result, but like most of the rest of the food.
1LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #12  

I hated the tomato basil soup. I tried everything I could think of to doctor it up, but no matter what I did, it still tasted gross.

I tried the pasta today. It's not bad. It's like tomato basil flavor infused pasta, not pasta with a sauce. It's a tad bit bland, so I mixed it with some spinach I sauteed in garlic and olive oil and it was alright. I think I like the plain rotini better though because I can make pasta salad out of it
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/181/169

Height: 5'5

I found this thread as I'm having my first go at the rotini tomorrow! Is there a plain rotini and a tomato basil rotini? I hate all the IP soups, I just couldn't stomach then. My plan for the rotini I got was to have it with the wf tomato basil sauce and add olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs and onion.

Also, the pasta salad idea sounds amazing, would you mind sharing. :-)
Ilovesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #14  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I tried the wf tomato and basil sauce with the regular rotini and was so grossed out by the color that I threw it all out
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/181/169

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
I tried the wf tomato and basil sauce with the regular rotini and was so grossed out by the color that I threw it all out
Noooooo!!!! What grossed you out, the color of the WF tomato/basil sauce? The jar doesn't look so bad but so far I haven't like WF ranch or italian dressing. I don't mind the syrup though! Eeek
Ilovesugar is offline   Reply With Quote