Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 11:09 PM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs down 21-DAY CHALLENGE #5 -- Please join us!!

Hello Dear Readers. This is the FIFTH chapter in the continuing saga of . . . the 21-Day Challenge.

Please jump aboard and count with us. You pick something you want to do every day for the next 21 days. It can be anything related to your goals of weight loss, better health, better eating habits, anything really. You do it each day and report back here as you count along. If you slip up you have to start counting all over again. It's all up to you what you consider a slipup and if it constitutes starting over.

The numbers help keep you on track and give you a LOT of momentum in the later days. I've done it twice now and I can tell you, it is really GREAT. Knowing you have to start counting over just doesn't make whatever it is you're trying NOT to do as tempting. Well, maybe tempting, but you realize the price is way too high.

PLEASE join us. You can join anytime, there's no specified beginning and ending date with this challenge. We have people just starting out now and some halfway through.

Hope to see you soon!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 12:32 AM   #2  
Never give up

Smile join us!

Hope to see you all over here from the old thread. The challenge is continuing. Any people wishing to jump in now's a good time to do so with the nice fresh thread! Feels like NEW BEGINNING TIME!

michireiko, I'm so glad to see you sticking to your challenge goals. to you for Day 2 of your exercise. "Ayashi no Ceres" is more like "The Bewitching Ceres" In this animated film Ceres is an ayashi, meaning a heavenly nymph, apparently (though I haven't seen it, so it's not your usual meaning of ayashii meaning suspicious or lewd, unsavory, or doubtful as in "her character is doubtful.") I never watch Japanese movies, 'cept on TV. I was just thinking I should because my friends have video shops and give me all these sample videos but I always pass on the Japanese ones. You sound really into it if you do! Well, continued good luck on your challenge.

Hello friendsfor fitness, hope you found us over here. Kudos to you for Day 12 in the bag. No, Day 13 will NOT be unlucky for you. Not with the momentum you've got now and, don't forget, we're all behind you. : Good luck!

And M.N.J., that was really great, you getting through 21. And now you're jumping right back in with your next challenge. Eating breakfast does not sound stupid or silly. I know a lot of people who aren't in the habit but yes, I believe, it's very, very important. I ALWAYS eat breakfast, it's my favorite time of day, especially when I haven't been eating the night before (as in my recent weekly challenges). Good luck to you! This may be hard for you, especially in the beginning but just remember how you did it with the water and you'll get past the rough times with this too! You can do it! Success awaits you.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:40 AM   #3  
Never give up

Talking I DID IT!! I MADE IT THROUGH!!

Heh people. This is my last day and I'm heading to bed now because I'm dead tired and I have to be up at 4 a.m. It's not yet 9 but I'm beat. So I think I'm safe in saying that I too have made it through my 21-day challenge! Hurrah for me!! That's my third one!

Good night!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-24-2003 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default WTG Redballoon!

That is awesome you completed your THIRD CHALLENGE!!! Way To Go!!! So how long of a break will you take before starting up a new challenge?

friendsforfitness.... 13 isn't unlucky.... it will be a great day for you!

michireiko keep up the great work! You can do it! Sticking to these goals have been tough.. but just know you are accomplishing something GRAND!

MNJ... you are doing GREAT too! Wow.. all these 21 day accomplishers! :-)

As for me... I am on day 7, and going strong! No chocolate cravings and I am really motivated in getting all my exercise in! I am seeing a difference on the scale and in the mirror. I have one solid week of September to make something happen before I have to put it to bed... Next Wednesday is my officially monthly weigh in with measurements and pictures.... so I am going all out to make this week count!

Everyone have a great day! Good Luck!

Cherie
Old 09-24-2003, 10:35 AM   #5  

Default YOU ARE AWESOME REDBALLOON!!!

WHOOO HOOO FOR YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU ARE WONDER WOMAN TODAY REDBALLOON!!!!

I am so happy for you,
Lisa

PS. Thanks for all the support everyone and I am glad to say that day 13 ended up not being unlucky. I succeeded and now I'm onto day 14.

PPS. Also redballoon as far as that "visual goal" comment, it does have to do with my signature.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:10 PM   #6  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Default I'm stil alive! :D

Hello Ladies!

Im still here... I missed 1-2 days of my 21 day challenge.... but Im still on it!! I am NOT giving up!!! 15 situps and 5 pushups.... thats the way its going to be!!

I havent been too good on working out either.. I really need to try to get in my hour a day.. or at least 30mins....

I also was wondering if anyone has tried this diet?
http://www.lillieross.com/lilbk2p.htm

I think its by Lillie Ross.. she wrote a book about it.. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it??

TTYL!! Thank you for all the support!! U GALS RAWK!!
Old 09-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #7  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

AND CONGRADS TO REDBALLOON ON HER SUCCESSFUL 21 DAY CHALLENGE!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 03:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Lightbulb

Congrats to Marti and Redballoon for completing their 21 days!

Everyone is on their way to joining Marti and Redballoon! I have a lot of work to do today so I won't be ready for my exercise until tonight, but I won't let myself forget!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #9  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

ONTO DAY 20.... well today is my day 20.. but I missed maybe 1-2 or 3 days in there where I didnt keep up with my challenge.. so Ill tack on a few more days!!
Old 09-24-2003, 04:40 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Day 1

Here I go. Day 1 on a new challenge. Breakfast.
I really didn't want breakfast this morning....I did a lot of chores around the house before I finally decided...."hey, I need energy.. quit running around before I collapse---Go eat" So I ate a small bowl of cereal.

I plan on doing a little better once I get going. I plan on having boiled eggs on hand and already sliced fruit for those hurried mornings. I will also buy some wheat english muffins, and maybe some berry bagels. Only once I start school. My classes start at 8:00 in the morning, so I will be up bright and early. (I currently get up at 8:30-9:00, see what happens when you lose a job??) Although today I was up at 6:30 since my sweetie, James had to go to an interview.

xDas7x- Big congrats on day 20!! And good for you for adding on a couple days rather than starting all over.

Michireiko- You sound like you're in better spirits. So glad to see that. I hope all is working out for you. I know you'll reach your goal!!

Lisa- you're doing great also. And thanks for the congrats.

Oh yeah, by the way.... I've drank 60oz. of water so far! So I'm still going strong with that. (of coarse I was out in the yard raking and sweating like a pig!!)

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies!! Talk with you tomorrow!

Marti
Old 09-24-2003, 05:13 PM   #11  

Congratulations to everyone on their accomplishments. This will be my first 21 day challenge.

For the next 21 days, I will not eat any fried foods. I will eat 2 fruits and at least 3 veggies everyday. I will drink at least 80oz of water a day.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:43 PM   #12  

Default Diet A&W Rootbeer here I come!

Day 14 is a success! Now I get my treat. Only one. Then it's back to water.

M.N.J.,
Good for you on the breakfast challenge. It's a good habit to create. I used to be a non-breakfast person and I found myself so drained and lathargic by late morning. Now I eat 6 small "meals" daily and it carries me through with plenty of energy all day long. Now weather I want to or not I make time for some sort of breakfast. It sounds like you've set yourself up a great plan of attack so I know you'll do fine.

Southern Butterfly,
Hi! We meet again! Again, welcome! You have set yourself up with some nice challenges. I am too much of a wuss to take on more than one on this thread right now.

Hi xxdas7xx! Glad to see you back and still on plan!

Michi, you sound so motivated! That's so great! You'll get this challege done with no sweat since you are so determined.

Have a great evening,
Lisa
Old 09-25-2003, 02:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Exclamation

Day 3...

SUCCESS! I almost forgot as I was going to bed because I had such a bad day, but I remembered and did it so it's good. I took a walk too. The writers block is almost completely gone. I'm messing around a little with my book now, so I feel a lot better about that.

Souther Butterfly, those are really good challenges. I think I will try one of those after I complete this one.

Lisa, I really really like your signature. It's basically taking the words right from my mouth! I often think "will the family notice??" and stuff like that. I've weighed the same every Christmas, and that's the only time I see my husbands family. Well, his distant family. Sadly, I still see his parents.

Okay, here's my edit...

It's now 4:20 AM... The writers block died and I finished my book! 219 pages! I still have some editing and proofing to do, then it's off to the publishers... if I can get a publisher! Bwahahah take that writers block!

Last edited by michireiko; 09-25-2003 at 05:21 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Default On to Day 8

And doing great.... got plenty of exercise in yesterday.. and said NO to those chocolate brownies that we had brought in for my bosses birthday!! Yeah me! She is gone for the next two days, so the chocolate dish shouldn't be filled up!

michireiko congratulations on completing you book!!! How wonderful! I have always thought being a writer would be such a wonderful career.. you can do it ANYWHERE!!!! And great job on staying on the Challenge!!!

Lisa.... great job!!! You are almost there!!!!! Wow!!

Southern Butterfly you have set some great goals.... fried foods ... you will be feeling so much better not having those!!! Good luck on your first challenge!

Marti... Good Luck on your Breakfast challenge! That is a good one... I used to not eat breakfast either.. however I have started and I can tell it is helping me lose weight!

xDas7x CONGRATS!!! This must be day 21!!! WAY TO GO!

Ok.. back to work here.... I feel confident that today will be a sucessful one for me!

Cherie
Old 09-25-2003, 11:10 AM   #15  

Day one was a success! I had a hard time when I got home last night because I saw some eggrolls in the freezor. But photogirltx was right, not eating fried foods makes me feel much better.

Everyone - you are doing great!!
Closed Thread