Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #1  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Christian Encouragers~January, '13

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

Hi! I started the new January thread....hoping everyone's having a great weekend!

We went to Mom's for dinner today. She made us baked fish, baked potatoes, veggies, and her specialty chocolate pie for the guys and our wheat- & dairy-free pumpkin pie for her and me. It was soooo good and had a nice time getting to visit for a while.

Not much else going on-we're flipping back and forth between the Cincinnati/Houston game (go Bengals!) and American Pickers. But, will be watching the Minnesota/Green Bay game in a bit ---GOOOO Vikings!

Have a nice evening! Praying for all!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Ronni thanks for starting the thread. 2013 gee when I was 20 that looked so far away...
Went to a small seminar today for women planning their future in wills etc.. it was the first and it was good sound advice gives you a lot to think about.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

Bootsie-yeah...I remember, when we were little, my sister and I figuring out how old we'd be in 2000--38 & 36 and now it's 13 years later!! Boy, do I feel old-lol! That seminar sounds good-we probably need to do do some of that kind of planning, too!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting to this thread and I am excited to start. Little background I normally do ok with eating and exercise even each other out but I have settled into my marriage, new job and area I am finding weight add up and worse my eating habits are not heathly at all. I can consume 4,000 a day which i know is way too much, even on weekends. I know what my true motivation for weight loss and better eatting should be but find it difficult to focus on God when a cheeseburger fries and a glass of wine are on the table for a Saturday night. I hope I can join in you mutual support and grow in my faith and strength looking forward to it!!

Last edited by Rintin; 01-06-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

During a nice visit from my friend Russell yesterday, we agreed that freedom of religion in the United States, not only is a wonderful opportunity but also our greatest blessing from God, as far as rights for citizens of The United States.

On this 2nd Sunday after chemo our Lord blessed me with just enough "health" to attend Faith Lutheran today. Despite stomach and back aches it was wonderful spending the morning in church, on my 17th anniversary with my wife Angie, and other loved ones GRANDdaughter2, Amanda, The Kidnapper, Brenda Elaine, Sue.

Several of my Prayer Warriors were in attendance also....I am blessed!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-06-2013 at 11:17 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome, Rintin you have found a great group of Christian Encouragers and Prayer Warriors always ready to cheer you on and pray for you as well.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #8  
wishin' for sun!

Rintin-Welcome! Hope you like it here! 3fc is a great support tool and I think this group is the best on here

Gary-Glad to hear you could get to church. And, Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!

Not much going on here today. Finally working on putting away Christmas decorations. DS3 has a long day in town with his classes and PT. DS2 is sick, so it's pretty quiet here today. DS2 is supposed to go back to his college today, but he has no classes tomorrow, so he's going to stay another night and get started on antibiotics-doc thinks it's bronchitis.

I was reading more about calorie cycling and think I'll start that to mix it up a bit. I already have up and down days, so I might as well try to use it to my advantage

Well, need to get back to the packing up-2 rooms done, 2 more to do, plus the tree......

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

Thanks for all the welcomes
Ezmoney-what a blessing to be able to make it to church! I hope the word spoke to you and was just what you needed to hear.
Ronni-sounds like your moving? I.ve been there a few times. Hope it goes well.
Bargo - thanks agin for the welcome!!

Good day today a little hungry and praying for strength not to snack and for my work road trip the next couple days. Those are usually food and stress filled. Hope I can check in with you all again soon.
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #10  

Gary WOO-HOO from Texas!

Rintin hope you enjoy it here ! I pop in and out, but I always come back.

I am back in the outlook ministry but the ministry site is down, some hackers hit it so we can not meet. That is a bummer but praying for it.

Last edited by Bootsie; 01-08-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

rosebud, I hope you are able to lurk and know that I am still lifting you up in prayer.. How are you feeling ? I hope everyday sees improvement. Have you been able to weigh yourself ? I suspect your origional goal weight included that 100 pound tumor , that , of course , you didn't know was causing much of your overweight.It would be interesting to see if you need to gain weight to get to goal. I think that might be a possibility.
God Bless You.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #12  

Praying still Rosebud for good results on your test being done on the tumor .

Our Father is bringing rain to Texas and yeah they got orange headed toward us! Sure hope our dry holes get filled up and oats start growing for the sheep!
There will be many Texans dancing in the rain the next few days and I will be one and I don't dance!

: : Go Father Go let it pour!

Last edited by Bootsie; 01-08-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #13  
wishin' for sun!

Rintin-Oh, we wish we were moving, but, unfortunately, that is not the case. I'm just packing up Christmas decos-it takes me forever, partly because I really like to decorate the house (but I've pared it down considerably this year) and partly because I get fatigued very quickly. Today, I'm moving at the speed of a slug.....

Missing some of our usual members here-hope that Rosebud and Gary are doing well! Praying for good test results and healing and energy!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #14  

Stayed up to 2 this morning listening to the rain, what a beautiful sound, also got a leak sitting in chair and felt something wet hitting my foot looked up and big wet spot. Just got all the leaks fixed.....hmmmm. missed one... thats alright rain on rain on! thank you our Father.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #15  
wishin' for sun!

Praise God, Bootsie! Hope it's still raining! When we heard about rain in Texas this morning, you're the first person I thought of