Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Default Injuring yourself???

Since I have lost part of my weight, it feels like I don't know where my body is in space anymore. I bump into walls, I trip over dust bunnies, I bonk my head on everything, I run into the bed in the middle of the night when I come back from bathroom. It is like I can't judge distance anymore, I almost walked open eyeball first into the (extremely sharp looking) edge of my headboard the other night, I swear it parted eyelashes and actually slightly bumped my eyeball. Has anyone else had this issue? Or should I chalk it up to me being the sort of oddball I am, LOL.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

I have not experienced it but have heard of others who did after weight loss.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

oh my. i gotta confess that i checked out this thread, hoping that it wasn't about someone who was cutting herself! thank goodness it's not!!!

but i can TOTALLY relate to what you're saying. As I lost weight, I had no sense of balance, no sense of where i was in relation to ANYTHING. I walked up to a door in an office building that was a full pane of glass, and COULD NOT open it because there was a woman standing there in front of me - she was so much thinner than i was. but she also had the same clothes on that i had, and was carrying the same purse!

I'd stand in front of a space [like between a wall and a desk or something] and actually DEBATE whether I could fit through it, and if i could did i have to turn sideways or just walk straight through.

gotta say, though, that i'm a little concerned that you're hitting your HEAD!!! what's that about? are you moving closer to the furniture than you did earlier? my advice: make sure you have a night light on!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i havent experienced this but ive seen this happen to my younger son when he goes through a growth spurt...he'll trip over everything and anything lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Omg yes! I run my boney shoulders into walls all the time! I hit my head too! I trip. I have an endless amount of bruises all the time. Like I don't realize how much less energy it takes to propel myself. Sometimes I'll jump or start walking and I go faster than I expected. Lol it's kind of funny actually.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/170/when im proud!

Height: 5'9

When I first did, I fell, probably once a day. My balance was a complete mess haha! But it's gotten better with time.
EStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #7  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I don't trip, but I regularly bruise myself with my own knees while sleeping. Amazing, how much bone against bone can hurt when it's not covered with a big layer of fat.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Sleeping on my side is uncomfortable for my knees.

I feel less clumsy actually and probably bump into stuff less because I still don't believe I fit in small spaces.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #9  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Yes! All the time. It's gotten better now that I've been "stuck" at this weight for about a year now. But when it all first happened, I would have a lot of trouble walking through tight aisles in stores or around counters, etc. I had a hard time determining when I would fit and when I wouldn't. It takes a few months for your brain to catch up with your body. I still look at my pants when they come out of the dryer and think there's no way they will fit and then they do. I forget sometimes when I do dancing classes that my body will actually move like the instructor's (still doesn't look like hers, but it does those things where before it really didn't .)
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop View Post
gotta say, though, that i'm a little concerned that you're hitting your HEAD!!! what's that about? are you moving closer to the furniture than you did earlier? my advice: make sure you have a night light on!!!!
LOL, no I will lean into the fridge to refill tea or water and bonk myself on the freezer door, I even took a little chunk out once, ouch! or bend over to pick something up and smack the back of my head on the table, it's like my butt used to be ballast for me and keep my head out of danger or something.

I am glad others have been through this or heard of it though, I thought I was just goofy or something, lol.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote