Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat: Monday 1/7/13

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Good morning all,
What are your opinions on the new Walden Farms Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread and the Chocolate Peanut Spread? Thinking about buying them...

Wishing all a great day, stay OP!

Chloe
Old 01-07-2013, 05:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
What are your opinions on the new Walden Farms Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread and the Chocolate Peanut Spread? Thinking about buying them...

Chloe
Hi Chloe,
I have tried all 3 (regular, chocolate and cinnamon/raisin). The chocolate and cinnamon/raisin are definitely better than the regular. I spread a very thin layer on celery sticks and it's pretty tasty.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #4  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!
It's gonna be an odd week...this morning I see my 11-year-old son off to outdoor school for the week. Won't see him again until Friday afternoon. He will have a blast, of course, but we'll miss him. Every summer, he spends a week at Camp Grandma, so it's not like this is the first time he'll be away from home, but still..

Hoping for a better OP day today than yesterday. Might as well forget about IP yesterday! Due to bad planning on my part and the restaurant apparently disregarding the "no butter" thing, it was a disaster! I was very light-headed while visiting my aunt, because I had only had an EAS shake for breakfast (this was about 3:00 pm) and the steak and broccoli I had at the restaurant certainly tasted like it had something added to it (like butter), but I don't know for sure.

Have a great Monday!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #5  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Celebrating today: I met my scale goal! Woo Hoo!

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/127/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!
Congrats!! You must be so happy!!

Morning everyone!! Back to work today after 2 weeks off... Looking forward to getting back into routine! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:

awesome!!!!!!!! that must just be one of the best feelings in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you never gave up nor did you ever give in but YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #8  

Quote:

YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #9  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:

Yay!!! Great job!

Futurefitchick, I am so sorry to hear about your baby!

As for me, I weighed myself this morning and I seem to be stuck! I only worry because this is the weight I always get stuck at! In the past I have onl been able to get a couple of lbs below this and then nothing!! I know I just have to trust the process but man is this bringing up the old demons! I looked back over my last few days and I can see that maybe I ate less than I should have, by a snack or two, so I will get back on track and stay focused! And hopefully I will start to see the scale move!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Wow - some awesome things so early in the morning. Keep it up everyone. Don't worry about the being "stuck", it will happen!

I'm on day 4 of reboot, it's actually gone very well. A little nervous about today and my energy level. I teach 23 little first graders.

Everyone have a beautiful day and celebrate the little things!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #11  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Our biggest loser contest weigh in was today at work. It was totally awkward having to weigh in in front of everyone in the office!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Congrats Fishette!!!!!

Mrskuby...patience grasshopper. Don't worry, even if it takes a few weeks of really slow losses you will eventually break through. Stay focused!

auroragal- good job on getting to day 4. I have seen so many comments from people restarting that it is much harder the second time around.

I managed to lose 3.0 lbs this week, and we were away all weekend. I was nervous stepping on the scale this morning after eating out dinner for the last 3 days in a row.

Maybe I need to eat out more often. =) The 3 lb loss more than makes up for the .6 lb gain last week.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Yay!!! Great job!

Futurefitchick, I am so sorry to hear about your baby!

As for me, I weighed myself this morning and I seem to be stuck! I only worry because this is the weight I always get stuck at! In the past I have onl been able to get a couple of lbs below this and then nothing!! I know I just have to trust the process but man is this bringing up the old demons! I looked back over my last few days and I can see that maybe I ate less than I should have, by a snack or two, so I will get back on track and stay focused! And hopefully I will start to see the scale move!

Have a great day everyone!!!
When you say stuck, do you mean the scale hasn't moved in a couple of weeks? Because you cannot compare day to day on IP. I do the Wii Fit a few days a week and it weighs you, I will show no change or a small increase through the week and then on WI day BOOM there are a few pounds missing. You aren't in a true plateau until you've gone WEEKS with no change (inches or pounds). But if you know you haven't been 100%, commit to two weeks of TOTAL commitment to the program - see if that gives you the boost you need. If after two weeks you are still at the same weight, we can help you find other things to try
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Hi Chloe,
I have tried all 3 (regular, chocolate and cinnamon/raisin). The chocolate and cinnamon/raisin are definitely better than the regular. I spread a very thin layer on celery sticks and it's pretty tasty.
I have tried the plain and the chocolate. The plain is good for celery and Rainbow also has a recipe for a stir fry sauce. Page 38 of her recipe book, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...TY2TXA5b2VNMGc. I love using the chocolate like icing on muffins and cookies that you can make from the packets. About to have some right now on my zucchini muffins for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Mrskuby...patience grasshopper. Don't worry, even if it takes a few weeks of really slow losses you will eventually break through. Stay focused!
I agree, patience. I have now been on this journey for 50 weeks. My losses have been slow all long, but they add up and I can see goal on the horizon. Slow can be discouraging, but the rewards of hanging in there and staying focused and staying OP are definitely worth it.

Molly
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #15  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,

Chloe
I tried a bunch of WF when I started IP and hated all but a few of the dressings and I thought they were kinda nasty too. I could see using them as flavoring in cooking but the strong chemical smell and the texture just turned my stomach, I actually gagged involuntary when I tried the PB and Jelly spreads, the consistency/texture was gross too. Sorry, I just could not do it. I threw them all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

...patience grasshopper.
Your focus, needs more focus!

Okay could not resist, that is my favorite cheesy Kung Fu movie quote!

NSV

I am wearing pants today at work that are 16 inches smaller than when I started. They're 44's and they fit! It's nice not to have my clothes hanging off me. I really need some new uniform shirts but they're a little easier to tuck and make them look OK. When it is time to switch to short sleeve shirts in the spring, I am buying 4 new shirts. They're so expensive. I am going to need a new duty belt soon too, this on has one more set of holes to go. I should order this week! It usually takes a month or so to show up.
Closed Thread