Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Chat - Weekly September 22nd - 28th

I'm so excited that 3FC's now has an official Atkins board

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and I'm mostly looking forward to the support from you wonderful folks.

Hope everyone has a great OP week
Old 09-22-2003, 08:44 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow our own Atkins chat......this is super....await further "participation" by other atkinites!

Froufy
Old 09-22-2003, 09:35 PM   #3  

This is great!

Karla
Old 09-22-2003, 11:52 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Yayyy, this is a wonderful idea, courtesy of Leens!
Old 09-23-2003, 04:54 AM   #5  
thin within

hi, i'm glad we have the new board too. will still post on low carb thread too. good luck!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:57 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Tuesday Morning

I am sitting here enjoying my coffee and some turkey bacon ahhhhhhhhh this is the life

Watcha all having for breakfast ? I got tired of eggs real fast but this turkey bacon (louis rich brand) I'll never get sick of....and its less calories than pork bacon (which I LOVE TOO).

Its raining here in New Jersey but going to clear up later. I hope so, I'm not in the mood for a rainy Fall season...oy. SUN SUN SUN!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:51 AM   #7  

bacon and eggs, every weekday morning. It's quick and easy and I don't have to be awake to fix it, I can be on autopilot. This morning I had steak and eggs. I had a piece of left over steak that had to be used and DH doesn't eat left over steak. It was a nice change. Sundays, we go out to breakfast with my dad. I usually order a meat lovers omlette with a side of sausage.

Karla
Old 09-24-2003, 09:15 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good morning everyone

I think I have the flubbin flu ? OY!

Hope y'all are having a wonderful day. YUM Karla steak & eggs...drool...

Yes even with the flu, nothing can stop me from eating lol.

Hugs
Old 09-24-2003, 10:44 AM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

Wow.....making me hungry!. My dh (also on Atkins) ALWAYS/EVERY DAY...has bacon & eggs. I have found that while I used to eat big breakfasts in the beginning, my "breakfast appetite" has diminished. On weekends I do indulge with eggs/bacon or cheese omelette as I have more time.

As I work full time and am very rushed in am...I rarely eat breakast at home, and generally eat something at work. We are well equipped here: small kitchen with a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster oven and WATER COOLER!.....so I usually have a stock of atkins friendly stuff...like cheese slices, strings, sf jello, cold cuts, salad dressing, and cream for my decaf (have my own coffee maker plugged in!). Keep some sf/splenda diet drinks in fridge (now I keep my "leftover" coffee if there is any in the pot, and make some iced coffee which I keep in fridge), also have crystal light packets for emergencies, and sunflower seeds in my desk. (Everyone laughs at how "comfortable" I have made myself!)

So I usually have some cheese slices, or bring some homemade flaxmeal cereal w/me and boil up some water, or a home baked flaxmeal muffin....or egg salad from home!

Today, just had a couple of slices of marble cheddar cheese with my 2 cups of decaf w/cream....this will actually keep me going until lunchtime.

Did not bring any lunch today - so may have to visit the cafeteria (UGH!!!)....or venture out to Subway or Wendy's drive thru or elsewhere for a salad or ???

Now I am craving bacon! lol

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 09-24-2003 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:21 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Froufy, the other day I was out shopping during my lunch hour and I was so hungy.....Eye spyed Burger King....well okay then, I'll have a whopper minus katchup and bread right, no mayo either.

I got to my desk went on the website and found out it had 425 calories for that stinkin burger which wasn't that good. BOY WAS I @_%#&%@_& !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to watch my calories as well as carbs and boy was I mad lol never ever again, I'd rather be hungry. GROWL !!!!!

What do you get at subway ?

Old 09-24-2003, 03:36 PM   #11  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking YUMM....

Hi girls. Nice to meet all of you on our own Atkins thread. YEAH!!Lets see?....for breakfast I usually have eggs and then the mystery protein item. Bacon, sausages, cheese. Oh...I've even fried a portobello mushroom in butter and served homemade guacomole with it....YUMM. Quiche works for me too, and is great as a leftover served cold.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:45 PM   #12  
Card Carrying Princess

Lunch was from the cafeteria in the end....at the sandwich and salad bar!

First got a salad with all the "right" fixins (meaning no pasta, potato, corn cobs, etc)...with ranch dressing...then lined up at the sandwich bar for my tuna sandwich hold the bread. Chef guy barely blinked an eye and said those were the easiest sandwiches to make...got a slice of cheese and lettuce/tomatoes on the side.

The funniest was watchng the cafetaria cashier trying to ring it up?? She was confused and did give me a "discount" on the sandwich...or scoop of tuna salad and garnish!

Also had a sf diet jello after that...and pm snack was a tablespoon of sunflower seeds.

Froufy
Old 09-24-2003, 11:15 PM   #13  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking been there....

Yeah, I get the funniest looks when I go to Mcdonalds and ask them for a double cheeseburger and hold the bun!! I do ask for a wedge of lettuce and tomatoe but no pickle. Those are sneaky little extra carbs, that and ketchup.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:15 PM   #14  

For lunch I usually just open a pouch of flavored tuna (lemon pepper, garlic and herb, or hickory smoke) and add some mayo. I also have a few b-b-q pork rinds and end up with some SF chocolate, but I think I'll go back to SF jello. I'm getting too dependent on having chocolate every day. I don't want to sabotage myself.

Karla
Old 09-30-2003, 11:50 AM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

Talking LAST NIGHT'S FIASCO!

Well...hard to believe but I was somewhat out of control, a rare occurence, except for TOM!

I think it was the sf/lc cheesecake I had yesterday that set off a round of unbelievable carb cravings (2 oz pecans, sf jello, 1/3 sf chocolate bar, 10 fries from kids dinner, 1 spoon kraft dinner, 1 bite of dinner roll w/butter)....wow what a pigout.

Then off to a meeting...actually a wine tasting where I sipped an ounce or two of wine then dumped the rest. Luckily they had cheese (and crackers)...so I had some gouda (no crackers) and a glass of diet gingerale to keep me busy.

I was OUT OF KETOSIS when I tested last night which was really depressing...but the scale looks okay this am...as I weigh the same.

I will be extra careful of carbs today, and try and keep it to 20....hopefully back in ketosis by this evening.

So the moral of the story is....NO CHEESECAKE FOR ME....and to be careful of foods that can trigger these cravings (maybe the pecans too?)

Froufy
Closed Thread